Persico was a rat?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: Persico was a rat?

Post by JohnnyS »

sharpieone wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:25 am
JohnnyS wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:34 am
sharpieone wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:26 pm Interesting Pennisi said he had heard once in the past, and just recently, that a boss of another family was an informant, and is currently sitting as boss now.

Sicilians in Gambino? Seems unlikely.

New members of administration for Luchese? That would seem to be what Pennisi might have an ear to, but who the hell knows. Didn't most of those guys do long bids?

Nose? He's done time, but considering his crimes, he should still be there today.

Andy Russo?

Barney? He's gone to war with the feds over and over. Doubt they would have been a stick in his ass and kept him in county or state or whatever when he was doing federal time in Atlanta. Doesn't add up.

(apologies if other people are at the heads of the families currently; I don't keep up on every turn)

Edited to add that he didnt necessarily say one of the five families. So could be Philly or NE, too.
I think he was talking about the Mancuso rumor but I doubt its true
Oh, I hadn’t heard that one before.
Peter Lovaglio said in his testimony that a Lucchese member told Johnny Joe jr at a wake that they refuse to recognize Mancuso as the boss because there's a rumor going around that he's a rat.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Carmine Persico top echelon informant papers allege

Post by mafiastudent »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:53 am
mafiastudent wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:28 am
TSNYC wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:19 am
Raven wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:52 pm The co-writer Larry McShane wrote that bio of chin which I thought sucked. Like someone said when talking about Dellacroce being an informant sometimes the FBI or writers will make this shit up for whatever reason.
I agree on chin book. Some stuff was very sloppy like in one section quoting Joe Galizia, and identifying him as a gambino associate, and then later in book identifying him as a Genovese soldier. That’s the problem with so many of these beat crime writers, they are used to putting out 3 paragraphs of shit in the News or Post, and do not actually verify information. Like others have said, this report would mean oddo and mussacchio were informants. Seems like orena lawyers making a stretch argument.
Plus the fact that they've had this information for FIVE YEARS (see the 2016 document posted earlier in this thread) in addition to the fact that if you look at the entire document they submitted in support of their motion (also posted earlier in this thread) there are 7 pages of supposed "informants" besides that one-page listing Persico that the Daily News printed.

And one other thing of note is that in the right hand margin on that 7-page document - you will see "Clemente" which refers to Angela Clemente who is the person who broke the Scarpa story and that FBI document is one she obtained during her investigation. I can't imagine that if all these people were "informants" that she wouldn't have had blasted that all over creation. So, obviously, as Snakes pointed out, and which I fully agree, the men listed were being informed on -- not the other way around.
And now Pennisi just posted an article on his sitdownnews blog regarding Persico being a rat and he seems to be backtracking on his initial claims of him being an informant-especially the statement towards the very end of the article.
Didn't he say on that podcast something about paperwork and it's clear that the paperwork shows what the Daily News printed is obviously true?
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

they keep asking governmnet officials if its true the lawyers must have forgot carmine perisco killed the father of a federal prosecutor he voted to hit rudy g. the feds hate persico and throwing mudd on his name after he died to ruin he legacy is what there doing.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

greg scarpa identified all the capos in the colombo family that what it clearly states there name just like it from other families to idientfired by that ci number
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Pmac2 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:32 am they keep asking governmnet officials if its true the lawyers must have forgot carmine perisco killed the father of a federal prosecutor he voted to hit rudy g. the feds hate persico and throwing mudd on his name after he died to ruin he legacy is what there doing.
Again - they've had this information for FIVE YEARS. Here is the document once again that Orena's son submitted to the Court back in 2016. This too is publicly available on PACER....the case file number, document number and date it was filed is indicated by the red line at the top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

mafiastudent wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:15 am
Pmac2 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:32 am they keep asking governmnet officials if its true the lawyers must have forgot carmine perisco killed the father of a federal prosecutor he voted to hit rudy g. the feds hate persico and throwing mudd on his name after he died to ruin he legacy is what there doing.
Again - they've had this information for FIVE YEARS. Here is the document once again that Orena's son submitted to the Court back in 2016. This too is publicly available on PACER....the case file number, document number and date it was filed is indicated by the red line at the top.
And just so nobody misconstrues my posting of the above.....there is NO PROOF Persico is an informant. They've had this information for FIVE YEARS and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on here.

Having said that, as everyone here knows, I fully support any aging individual who seeks compassionate release - especially when they are in the condition that Orena is in. He, Manna, and others deserve to die at home with their family.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

I should reclarify that - Persico is NOT an informant.
Mustangsally
Straightened out

Post by Mustangsally »

mafiastudent wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:32 am
mafiastudent wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:15 am
And just so nobody misconstrues my posting of the above.....there is NO PROOF Persico is an informant. They've had this information for FIVE YEARS and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on here.

Having said that, as everyone here knows, I fully support any aging individual who seeks compassionate release - especially when they are in the condition that Orena is in. He, Manna, and others deserve to die at home with their family.
No, they deserve to die in prison for the crimes they committed. Bobby Manna and vic Orena were involved in dozens of murders. Getting old doesn't earn you a chance to die at home.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Capeci will clear the air this week
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Pmac2 summed it up
I been taught to listen to what's not said
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

There is a less than zero chance that Carmine was an informant.
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

I like the theory that Greg scarpa was a bonefide FBI Agent who lost himself in the role. It makes sense
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Any chance it’s Mikey Lance who Pennisi is referring to?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:56 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:42 pm Larry McShane is doing a live MBA and buttonman and they are all discussing it as a fact. Of course Pennisi wants it to be true
You guys know that Larry mcshane is also the one that wrote RALPH NATALE book too.... (Which he proudly said in the interview....)

So.... We gotta look at the source.

Same guy that Actually ran with the "Carlo Gambino and Bruno SECRETLY INDUCTED NATALE...."

So that being said .... Might as well get Gianni Russos opinion on this too then!
Oh man, I didn't realize McShane also wrote the Ralph Natale book. I know at least one reputable author turned that project down because it would have destroyed his own credibility.

If McShane would put his name on that Natale book it's no surprise he's pushing this "Snake = Rat!" headline when the so-called evidence is actually explicit counter-evidence.

Gotta love too how they made a big deal in the interview about Larry Mazza giving the nod to this story. Mazza fits in perfectly with Natale and this bullshit story.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Wonder if the family forces them to write a retraction