Persico was a rat?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: Persico was a rat?

Post by OcSleeper »

Ryan98366 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:26 am For a guy who spent so much time in prison…what good did being an informant do for him? I don’t believe it because the benefit of being an informant is staying out of jail. Carmine Persico was a frequent flyer in prison.

Scarpa and Whitey Bulger were informants. They never went to prison. It kept them on the streets.

This doesn’t add up. Sorry.
As was already said being a CI doesn't protect you from prosecution. Scarpa was sentenced to life and Bulger probably would have been as well if he didn't flee. Your two examples are CI with two highly corrupted FBI agents so that doesn't hold much weight.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

No freaking way! I don't believe it. If so it would of came out sooner. Maybe bc he knew scarpa was a CI?
It's like when Paulie Walnuts brought up aids at the Bing. Shouldn't even be a discussion. Imo
Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Carmine Persico top echelon informant papers allege

Post by Snakes »

Is there a link?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

No way! I don't believe it. I dnt care what the govt shows me.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Snakes wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:44 amIs there a link?
They are both on Pacer.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Snakes wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:44 amIs there a link?
The second document was filed in 2016 in the same case.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

A rat+all that time....(doesn't add up)
I been taught to listen to what's not said
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Snakes wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:46 am Here is the image:

Piggybacking off of dack's post, if this is all they have I'm not sure how they could make the definitive conclusion that Persico is an informant. The document above seems to be a listing of Colombo captains and which informants have identified them as such. You can see that 3461-C-TE is listed multiple times, meaning that 3461-C-TE identified all three (plus the fourth redacted name) as Colombo capos, not that 3461-C-TE is specifically Carmine Persico. Additionally, there are redacted informant codes; these would be informants in addition to 3461-C-TE who have also identified Persico, et.al. as capos. Basically, I'd need to see what else they have before making a conclusion.
Correct. Its Bullshit.

The claim that Persico is a rat is clearly false. As Snakes states the CI 3461-C-TE is listed alongside all three other names. This indicates that they are not the CI, but the CI has unidentified the listed. Or IF they are all CI's... they have the same identifying code? Of course they wouldnt. Ridiculous claim by a lawyer, as stated, throwing a Hail-Mary and a little mud from Vic at the Persico clan.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

exhibit - 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

exhibit - 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

exhibit - 3
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Letter from 2016
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Mafistaudent, thanks for posting but those pages are just more of the same. None of those guys are informants. The informant number is a unique identifier and would only apply to one individual, not several. 3461-C-TE is listed several times. This is simply stating that the particular informant assigned that number is able to give information on the captain listed in the associated column. Some of the captains have several T-CE's listed next to them, meaning that there are several T-CE's who have identified that individual as a captain or are able to provide intel on that captain's crew or group. The succeeding letter appears to have made a mistake wherein they saw this file, saw Persico (and several others') names, saw a C-TE reference next to them, and assumed they were all informants. Finally, the journalist(s) that ran this story probably didn't know any better (due to unfamiliarity with files) and ran with it.

In my opinion, 3461-C-TE is probably someone who has been publicly identified (not sure what Scarpa's number was) which is why their number remains unredacted while others are not.
Last edited by Snakes on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Larry McShane is doing a live MBA and buttonman and they are all discussing it as a fact. Of course Pennisi wants it to be true
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:42 pm Larry McShane is doing a live MBA and buttonman and they are all discussing it as a fact. Of course Pennisi wants it to be true
This is what happens when people immediately take things at face value. I'm sure it could still be true but from what I've seen there is nothing there. In fact, something like this could be what Red Wemette saw when he claimed he received files that outed John DiFronzo as an informant. These people simply don't know what they are looking at.
Last edited by Snakes on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.