I almost hate to say it....

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: I almost hate to say it....

Post by CabriniGreen »

20191001_000738.jpg
CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:33 pm If anyone was interested... Title Page.....

Page 2.....

20190930_233114.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I skipped a page, Beeny Squint pic.....

20191001_001721.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:25 am You are thinking of Thomas L. Jones. One of "Picassos" biggest groupies and the one who started the claim that "picasso" was a Genovese made member. He went crawling under a rock after Pic was exposed as Lenehan and hasn't posted since.

BTW it was also revealed that "Picasso" and "Smarten Up" were one and the same.

Smartened up was Joe Ricciardi, Tommy's brother
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:33 pm If anyone was interested... Title Page.....

20190930_233114.jpg
THAT is Jerry Catena in that photo????

Jesus he looks AWFUL! He looks like a fucking greaseball. That looks more like funzi mosca then the jerry.

Thats definitely him? AP wire did'nt screw it up maybe?

JIGGS
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

You read that article and it seems the false ideas about the Genovese family being in dissaray, and Carlo Gambino on his way to being the new boss of bosses, almost started before Vito's body was cold.
All roads lead to New York.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:14 pm You read that article and it seems the false ideas about the Genovese family being in dissaray, and Carlo Gambino on his way to being the new boss of bosses, almost started before Vito's body was cold.
I left out a page, I can post it if you like, wait never mind I'll just post the thing.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:10 pm 20191001_000738.jpg
CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:33 pm If anyone was interested... Title
20191001_000444.jpg
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:40 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:10 pm 20191001_000738.jpg
CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:33 pm If anyone was interested... Title
20191001_000444.jpg
The one with Lombardo comes next, I think...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

the part of the article with Lombardos picture, I meant
MightyDR
Straightened out

Post by MightyDR »

I hate to be the guy to start this debate again but feel I must share this.
The_Central_New_Jersey_Home_News_Tue__Dec_18__1979_.jpg
The_Central_New_Jersey_Home_News_Tue__Dec_18__1979_ (1).jpg
Here, John Russo, in 1977, says “And put this in your mind. Benny Squint is the boss. Don’t let anybody tell you any other (expletive)”.

And here is an article with the remarks mentioned earlier from Anthony Russo, where it seems Benny Squint, “which is the real boss”, vetoed a proposal.
Asbury_Park_Press_Thu__May_1__1980_.jpg
However, HairyKnuckles has laid out pretty compelling evidence that Lombardo was physically unable to be the boss during most the 70s. Perhaps there was something similar to Accordo/Ricca and Giancana in Chicago, where Funzi was the one running the day to day operations of the family, but Lombardo had the final say and would be brought in on major family decisions.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

MightyDR wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:26 pm I hate to be the guy to start this debate again but feel I must share this.

The_Central_New_Jersey_Home_News_Tue__Dec_18__1979_.jpg
The_Central_New_Jersey_Home_News_Tue__Dec_18__1979_ (1).jpg

Here, John Russo, in 1977, says “And put this in your mind. Benny Squint is the boss. Don’t let anybody tell you any other (expletive)”.

And here is an article with the remarks mentioned earlier from Anthony Russo, where it seems Benny Squint, “which is the real boss”, vetoed a proposal.
Asbury_Park_Press_Thu__May_1__1980_.jpg

However, HairyKnuckles has laid out pretty compelling evidence that Lombardo was physically unable to be the boss during most the 70s. Perhaps there was something similar to Accordo/Ricca and Giancana in Chicago, where Funzi was the one running the day to day operations of the family, but Lombardo had the final say and would be brought in on major family decisions.
Its really starting to look that way
Charlie
Straightened out

Post by Charlie »

Just done watching Gravano's latest video about what led to the Gerry Pappa hit.
Here's Gravano's take on Funzi Tieri and his position within the Genovese family at the time.

" The Genovese family titled him as a street boss. They did that the Genovese just to throw off the law, they put different titles on people's name so the government would not know who's who or what's going on. But he was a pretty powerful guy this guy Funzi or Funzuale"

"Chin wasn't the boss at that particular time. Fat Tony was the boss. Priori to Fat Tony being the boss the Genovese family there was another boss and they hid who the real boss was. When Fat Tony was called as the real boss, Funzual was a street boss but there was another boss who was there. Then Toddo had told me I forgot his name, never even saw him. When he passed away, just before he passed away, he called in Chin and he made him promise him that he was gonna make Fat Tony the boss and wanted Chin's word that he would not take him out and hurt him and respect him as the boss. Chin gave him his word and Fat Tony was the boss. So that family was a confusion all the time because of their tactics."
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Charlie wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:16 am Just done watching Gravano's latest video about what led to the Gerry Pappa hit.
Here's Gravano's take on Funzi Tieri and his position within the Genovese family at the time.

" The Genovese family titled him as a street boss. They did that the Genovese just to throw off the law, they put different titles on people's name so the government would not know who's who or what's going on. But he was a pretty powerful guy this guy Funzi or Funzuale"

"Chin wasn't the boss at that particular time. Fat Tony was the boss. Priori to Fat Tony being the boss the Genovese family there was another boss and they hid who the real boss was. When Fat Tony was called as the real boss, Funzual was a street boss but there was another boss who was there. Then Toddo had told me I forgot his name, never even saw him. When he passed away, just before he passed away, he called in Chin and he made him promise him that he was gonna make Fat Tony the boss and wanted Chin's word that he would not take him out and hurt him and respect him as the boss. Chin gave him his word and Fat Tony was the boss. So that family was a confusion all the time because of their tactics."
Great stuff Charlie, hope you and yours are well.

Would Gravano, a mere soldier in another family be in a position to know this? I find it suspicious. Many Genovese soldiers did not know the true hirearchy, yet Gravano, a newely made soldier in another Borgata does? Not sure I believe him, he does have motive to make up a story. It helps his YouTube channel 'solving' one of the biggest LCN mysteries of all time.

The fact this is only coming out now is also cause for suspicion
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Charlie
Straightened out

Post by Charlie »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:34 pm
Charlie wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:16 am Just done watching Gravano's latest video about what led to the Gerry Pappa hit.

Great stuff Charlie, hope you and yours are well.

Would Gravano, a mere soldier in another family be in a position to know this? I find it suspicious. Many Genovese soldiers did not know the true hirearchy, yet Gravano, a newely made soldier in another Borgata does? Not sure I believe him, he does have motive to make up a story. It helps his YouTube channel 'solving' one of the biggest LCN mysteries of all time.

The fact this is only coming out now is also cause for suspicion
Hey Sonny, thank you brother. I hope all is well with the family.
I'm conflicted as to what Gravano is saying. On the one hand we have long regarded him as a credible source and he was a major Brooklyn figure long before he conspired with Gotti. To have a Brooklyn made guy say Funzi (who operated more or less in the same area) was "a street boss" and Lombardo the real boss is pretty interesting.
On the other hand I tend to agree with your assessment, some details sound fishy to say the least...Plus some other lies/errors other posters have pointed out with his videos have left me very skeptical. First time I hear of this pact between Lombardo and Gigante. Sounds like bullshit but what do I know ...
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He could be referring to information he learned after the fact. Not necessarily something he learned in the mid-1970s.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.