Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Dave65827 »

I doubt anything would happen to the family but comello forget it.

If he ever gets out of protective custody some guy wanting a wiki page made after him will fucking beat him to death like Geas beat Bulger
ThutmosisChen
On Record

Post by ThutmosisChen »

so is this Comello guy still in protective custody? He probably has to stay there forever I guess?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

what a disappointment this was that it was some fucking loon
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Cali was killed because this freaking nut thought the Gambino Family was working with the CIA on a plot to assassinate Trump. The mafia could exist for another 5000 years and I’m certain there will *never* be a more insane reason a wiseguy was killed than this one.

Like if that’s how the Sopranos ended—with Tony getting clipped by some conspiracy theorist, I would’ve thought to myself “who the fuck could come up with such a stupid storyline? What the fuck is this shit?”
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Yes lol!!!
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Is it safe to say Cali woulda been scooped up on at least one of the Sicilian-Gambino indictments that have dropped since his death? Even though he was almost a ghost, it seems like the Feds had a decent line on him.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I might be mistaken and I'm drawing a blank to the specifics but I want to say I read something (maybe a gangland mentioned it) that said Cali was the prime target in an ongoing investigation and if it weren't for his death he'd be facing charges right now.

If someone more knowledgeable can confirm this or correct me here please do.
Ravens410
Straightened out

Post by Ravens410 »

Anybody have the tapes of Paradiso and other high ranking Gambino’s meeting after Cali’s death?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:51 am I might be mistaken and I'm drawing a blank to the specifics but I want to say I read something (maybe a gangland mentioned it) that said Cali was the prime target in an ongoing investigation and if it weren't for his death he'd be facing charges right now.

If someone more knowledgeable can confirm this or correct me here please do.
From what I remember, there was a good chance he would have been indicted. Hasnt some of the charges been dropped against the indicted?
elasticman
On Record

Post by elasticman »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:46 am I doubt anything would happen to the family but comello forget it.

If he ever gets out of protective custody some guy wanting a wiki page made after him will fucking beat him to death like Geas beat Bulger
I don't think he would be touched. Everybody knows this was some absolute nutter. I could be wrong though.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I don’t think the mob would kill him per se but that another crazy fuck will kill him to get credit for some kind

Sick fucks probably going to get life in a insane asylum
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:44 am Cali was killed because this freaking nut thought the Gambino Family was working with the CIA on a plot to assassinate Trump. The mafia could exist for another 5000 years and I’m certain there will *never* be a more insane reason a wiseguy was killed than this one.

Like if that’s how the Sopranos ended—with Tony getting clipped by some conspiracy theorist, I would’ve thought to myself “who the fuck could come up with such a stupid storyline? What the fuck is this shit?”
Only in 2019+
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

Really is crazy that Frankie Cali who had one of the most low key and peaceful rises out of any wise guy in Cosa Nostra history would get gunned down in the street by this retard.. in front of his family no less
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

After all the Campos and Sicily wiretaps I found it hilarious they where just as confused as anybody else
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:44 am Like if that’s how the Sopranos ended—with Tony getting clipped by some conspiracy theorist, I would’ve thought to myself “who the fuck could come up with such a stupid storyline? What the fuck is this shit?”
It's like the ending scene but instead of cutting to black, Tony gets shot and the camera pans to the doorway and it's Little Vito in his goth make-up holding a smoking revolver, like Pesci at the end of Goodfellas.

That's pretty much what happened to Cali.