Sad news about Pierre de Champlain

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Sad news about Pierre de Champlain

Post by antimafia »

The number of veteran posters on this forum who did not know that the poster with the handle "Laurentian" was Pierre de Champlain could probably be counted on one hand. He was an intelligence analyst who retired from the RCMP's Criminal Intelligence Directorate in Ottawa, Canada. Before and after he held this position, he had written organized-crime books in the French language.

Daniel Renaud informed me tonight that de Champlain died yesterday. I have no other details.

Mr. de Champlain was probably ill the past few months because in the last little while, his Twitter followers have been wondering aloud where he was. An illness could perhaps also explain his absence from TBHF.

Please, let's keep this news under wraps for the time being. I won't be posting the news yet on other organized-crime forums or on Twitter, where he was very active.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Sad news about Pierre de Champlain

Post by Wiseguy »

That really sucks. He was a good poster. RIP.
All roads lead to New York.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

RIP when I first found this forum I remember reading his posts Rest In Peace
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Wow, may he RIP.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

RIP
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Terrible news. It was an honor talking with him on here over the years and he never lorded his expertise over anyone despite his impressive credentials and experience. I enjoyed agreeing, disagreeing, and simply absorbing his firsthand accounts of Montreal mafia history.

I greatly respect all of his contributions to the subject and wish his family nothing but the best. If you ever happen to speak with them, please let them know people all over the world appreciated him.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Oh no .... Not only was he someone very knowledgeable about Montreal, but he was above all someone of extreme kindness.

It is among other people thanks to him that I am interested in organized crime in Montreal. I exchanged relatively often with him in private, we talked about things and others, on these trips to France or other things like that ... I am also a lover of Francophone territories like Quebec, so we also laughed on the linguistic differences between our 2 territories

I also got his very first book dating from the 80s, and inside there was a signature for a certain "Thérèse" with whom (it seems because he did not remember it), he had spent a good moment. We had a good laugh with that.

We hadn't seen him for a while, but I still hoped he just went on vacation somewhere ... I'm really realy sad ...

Do we know what he died of ?

Reposez en paix mon Ami, vous allez me manquer
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

:(

RIP
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

That’s terrible news

RIP Pierre
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Horrible! May he rest in peace. He was an excellent organized crime researcher and a positive presence on this board and elsewhere.
I recommend his book 'Mobsters, Gangsters And Men Of Honour: Cracking The Mafia Code', if you haven't read it.
zokiasov
Prospect

Post by zokiasov »

RIP
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Maybe we should made a thread/sticky regarding all of our passed members in their honor and so they wont be forgotten.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PogueMahone
Straightened out

Post by PogueMahone »

May he Rest In Peace
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

antimafia wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:19 pm The number of veteran posters on this forum who did not know that the poster with the handle "Laurentian" was Pierre de Champlain could probably be counted on one hand. He was an intelligence analyst who retired from the RCMP's Criminal Intelligence Directorate in Ottawa, Canada. Before and after he held this position, he had written organized-crime books in the French language.

Daniel Renaud informed me tonight that de Champlain died yesterday. I have no other details.

Mr. de Champlain was probably ill the past few months because in the last little while, his Twitter followers have been wondering aloud where he was. An illness could perhaps also explain his absence from TBHF.

Please, let's keep this news under wraps for the time being. I won't be posting the news yet on other organized-crime forums or on Twitter, where he was very active.
Frankly, I didn't know. Saddened by this.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

RIP :cry:
There you have it, never printed before.