John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Dapper_Don »

nizarsoccer wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:20 am
Dapper_Don wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:16 am My two cents.

Tom is a nice guy and he has a good rapport with John. Tom has been pretty open with his past business struggles (scaled too fast/accounting issues, etc). He has years of experience in pharmaceutical sales at hospitals, medical devices in the NYC area - which for those that know there is boatloads of money in those areas. In terms of being a brokester, a quick targeted search of financial records shows his company pulling in six figures in revenues and getting a small PPP loan last year. He's doing good and this year will very likely do better.
Is he getting ranked on the Forbes 100 list anytime soon? No. Is he probably doing well for himself? I think so. His basements is finished and looks decent, his front yard looked pretty big. I'm not sure what's the obsession with hating people that are middle class and calling them "brokesters". Aren't those people the real heroes of America?
Bingo
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Yea, I’m not trying to hate on Tom or count his money. Like I said, he seems like a good dude.

All I’m saying is they’ve been doing this a while now and only have 6k subscribers. They aren’t really moving the needle there in terms of view counts and not really progressing in terms of audio or video quality
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:28 am Yea, I’m not trying to hate on Tom or count his money. Like I said, he seems like a good dude.

All I’m saying is they’ve been doing this a while now and only have 6k subscribers. They aren’t really moving the needle there in terms of view counts and not really progressing in terms of audio or video quality
Yeah they are growing pretty slowly that's true. But outside of Sammy Gravano and Michael Franzese, who has good production value? Maybe being a podcaster is harder than it looks.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

I really like their show to be honest. They give us content on what we are all interested in. Plus, I really do think John is trying to turn his life around as opposed to a lot if guys (Gravano included) who go back to their old ways.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

I like John. I think he is honest and open. He seems like a genuinely nice person. I can't see him punching a woman in the face. He shoudlve picked a different co=host as this guy is identifying himself by a degree he probably got 25 years ago. What's next the Deputy CIO and the blood's member?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:55 am
SolarSolano wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:33 am
CornerBoy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:31 am I would bet anything that Tom is a brokester. look at his linkedin- there is nothing there. he is on council's that anyone can be on but i'll be his house is leveraged to the hilt. begging the 5 dollars for the "microphone fund"
Spot on. I see these two splitting ways soon.
I agree. Tom seems like a nice enough guy so I really don’t want to bash him. But they’ve been doing this for a while now and their production value is still terrible. I really don’t think Tom has any business experience of value and getting an MBA doesn’t mean shit when you haven’t done anything with it. I think he is holding Pennisi back to be honest. I think there’s only so much they can do together.

I will critique him being visibly drunk and snacking during episodes. And I’m not gonna even get into him putting his wife or girlfriend on the show. That was just plain weird.
Tom just wanted to show off his hot beautiful trophy wife. I agree. It was definitely weird.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Nick Prango wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:50 am
funkster wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:02 pm Borello is especially bitter.
Borrello is about as low as you can get on the Mafia totem pole......AND he’s a rat. From my experiences, when you know you're the real deal you don't need the recognition of others to solidify that knowledge. Gene Borrello is so annoying with his “I was the last tough guy, present day LCN are soft, I am the last violent Italian American in New York, they are all pussies” routines. Guy was very low-level and acts like he was a veteran of the life.
Borrello is a Squid !!
RamshackleMan
Straightened out

Post by RamshackleMan »

Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:55 am
SolarSolano wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:33 am
CornerBoy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:31 am I would bet anything that Tom is a brokester. look at his linkedin- there is nothing there. he is on council's that anyone can be on but i'll be his house is leveraged to the hilt. begging the 5 dollars for the "microphone fund"
Spot on. I see these two splitting ways soon.
I agree. Tom seems like a nice enough guy so I really don’t want to bash him. But they’ve been doing this for a while now and their production value is still terrible. I really don’t think Tom has any business experience of value and getting an MBA doesn’t mean shit when you haven’t done anything with it. I think he is holding Pennisi back to be honest. I think there’s only so much they can do together.

I will critique him being visibly drunk and snacking during episodes. And I’m not gonna even get into him putting his wife or girlfriend on the show. That was just plain weird.
The frustrating thing is that, when Tom is sober and on point, he comes across as prepared even if he’s pitching softballs too much. He gets into politics/protocol more than any of his peers - not that it’s saying much, lol. The rest of them are too busy bashing each other.

Tom hammered, however, is not a good look. You’re smarter than that, man.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

CornerBoy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:18 pm I like John. I think he is honest and open. He seems like a genuinely nice person. I can't see him punching a woman in the face. He shoudlve picked a different co=host as this guy is identifying himself by a degree he probably got 25 years ago. What's next the Deputy CIO and the blood's member?
Sorry these guys weren't alter boys growing up. Disappointment must be difficult to deal with, huh?
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

That is why i enjoy watching John Pennisi's podcasts. He tends to only talks about things he has direct experience with rather than hearsay. He doesn't sound bitter and jealous like Gene Borrello.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Nick Prango wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:47 am
That is why i enjoy watching John Pennisi's podcasts. He tends to only talks about things he has direct experience with rather than hearsay. He doesn't sound bitter and jealous like Gene Borrello.
Why would he be jealous? Pennisi was actually made.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:28 am Yea, I’m not trying to hate on Tom or count his money. Like I said, he seems like a good dude.

Yeah even that guy Caucci has more subscribers and views and JP was a made guy and even appeared on Vlad
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Rocco wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:52 pm
Nick Prango wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:50 am
Borrello is about as low as you can get on the Mafia totem pole......AND he’s a rat. From my experiences, when you know you're the real deal you don't need the recognition of others to solidify that knowledge. Gene Borrello is so annoying with his “I was the last tough guy, present day LCN are soft, I am the last violent Italian American in New York, they are all pussies” routines. Guy was very low-level and acts like he was a veteran of the life.
Borrello is a Squid !!
Wasnt Fat Andy Ruggiano his uncle?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

bluehouse wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:33 pm

Yeah even that guy Caucci has more subscribers and views and JP was a made guy and even appeared on Vlad
Look at the state of pennisis videos, he looks like hes having a seizure, production is embarrassing. No wonder he gets little views
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

TommyGambino wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:30 am
bluehouse wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:33 pm

Look at the state of pennisis videos, he looks like hes having a seizure, production is embarrassing. No wonder he gets little views
IMO that was a good idea for the blog. You have the article then you have a visual of him retelling what he wrote with some additional details and context behind it. I always watch the video of the article I read. Idk about production value, but it makes better storytelling. Write to be heard. Isn't that what journalists say? He does glance down like he's reading from an article though