Gangland News - 7/8/21

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Gangland News - 7/8/21

Post by Cheech »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:36 am
mafiastudent wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:19 am
Hired_Goonz wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:01 am
mafiastudent wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:23 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:56 pm
Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:39 am Thanks for posting. Man, Capeci is becoming really petty in his feud with the MBA and the Button Man to the point that it's not a good look on him. And this is coming from someone who is pretty much predisposed to take his side. He's trying to make it out like Pennisi perjured himself over this little anecdote or what? Who gives a shit whether Big John told him before or after the father did?
Pennisi should be OK with it. He's all about that independent let your voice be heard journalism. He did call out Capeci first which we think that Capeci was in the wrong based on Pennisis account. It is a little vindictive, but what Pennisi creates a blog out of nowhere (which I like by the way) and calls out Capeci for this perceived slight. Capecis articles have not been what they once were, but the guy put out quality work for decades. If your this amateur (which he admitted to not really knowing how to write) and call him immediately, I mean you kind of get what's coming, No?
I think you guys are missing the bigger picture here.
Go on.......
Inconsistencies with his stories. You guys can say, well he's not going to remember every detail but if you remember before he stopped writing about people, he relayed verbatim conversations from years ago, yet he can't be accurate about more current happenings?
Look I'm not a Pennisi fanboy and wouldn't take anything he or any other rat says as gospel, especially in the context of a podcast/interview/book. But this inconsistency is so trivial - "on the stand he said that the one guy told him minutes before, but on his podcast he told his co-host who was drinking wine and giggling that the other guy told him moments after" - that I stand by my statement that Capeci is coming off as absurdly petty and makes him look kind of ridiculous tbh. Especially considering he's charging people money for "content" like this.
You think Capeci is watching these and catching the inconsistencies?
Lisa. Stop being coy. It doeant suit you and its unbecoming. Why not just say you tip jerry off? Stop with the “what do you mean?” crap.
I respect your work but i cmon. Were all not stupid
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Cheech wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:44 am
Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:39 am Thanks for posting. Man, Capeci is becoming really petty in his feud with the MBA and the Button Man to the point that it's not a good look on him. And this is coming from someone who is pretty much predisposed to take his side. He's trying to make it out like Pennisi perjured himself over this little anecdote or what? Who gives a shit whether Big John told him before or after the father did?
Pennisi should be OK with it. He's all about that independent let your voice be heard journalism. He did call out Capeci first which we think that Capeci was in the wrong based on Pennisis account. It is a little vindictive, but what Pennisi creates a blog out of nowhere (which I like by the way) and calls out Capeci for this perceived slight. Capecis articles have not been what they once were, but the guy put out quality work for decades. If your this amateur (which he admitted to not really knowing how to write) and call him immediately, I mean you kind of get what's coming, No?
Go on.......
Inconsistencies with his stories. You guys can say, well he's not going to remember every detail but if you remember before he stopped writing about people, he relayed verbatim conversations from years ago, yet he can't be accurate about more current happenings?
Look I'm not a Pennisi fanboy and wouldn't take anything he or any other rat says as gospel, especially in the context of a podcast/interview/book. But this inconsistency is so trivial - "on the stand he said that the one guy told him minutes before, but on his podcast he told his co-host who was drinking wine and giggling that the other guy told him moments after" - that I stand by my statement that Capeci is coming off as absurdly petty and makes him look kind of ridiculous tbh. Especially considering he's charging people money for "content" like this.
Lisa. Stop being coy. It doeant suit you and its unbecoming. Why not just say you tip jerry off? Stop with the “what do you mean?” crap.
Let me ask you a question. How would I - or you for that matter - know what he does or doesn't do or watch or doesn't watch? Plus, I have my own site and I've written on Pennisi myself - different than what Capeci has written.

My inconsistencies statement was my own observation. And it's not just Pennisi - all of the informants have that problem.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

mafiastudent wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:56 am
Cheech wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:44 am
Go on.......
Let me ask you a question. How would I - or you for that matter - know what he does or doesn't do or watch or doesn't watch? Plus, I have my own site and I've written on Pennisi myself - different than what Capeci has written.

My inconsistencies statement was my own observation. And it's not just Pennisi - all of the informants have that problem.

No all people have that problem. you never told a story slightly different years later? this is where you lose people. you're work is good. i respect it. but you get blind to the whole picture like with Crea. He for sure got railroaded but the guys a murderer. who gives a fuck? play stupid games and you win stupid prizes. guess what? joining the mafia is stupid if you wanna stay out of jail.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:15 am I don't understand how the waterfront commission works. So you can lose your job just by talking to a guy with "known" ties to Cosa Nostra, any OC? Or what how does it work? And the person in that job-do they have to have some type of previous conviction of some sort or none at all?
Basically, yes. They're like the Business Integrity Commission for the ILA and the waterfront. By my count, Larsen is the 50th person to be booted out since 2000 for associating with LCN figures or related reasons.

On another note, I wonder if Andy is going to do a book on the other NY families.
All roads lead to New York.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:46 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:15 am I don't understand how the waterfront commission works. So you can lose your job just by talking to a guy with "known" ties to Cosa Nostra, any OC? Or what how does it work? And the person in that job-do they have to have some type of previous conviction of some sort or none at all?
Basically, yes. They're like the Business Integrity Commission for the ILA and the waterfront. By my count, Larsen is the 50th person to be booted out since 2000 for associating with LCN figures or related reasons.

On another note, I wonder if Andy is going to do a book on the other NY families.
So has anyone ever been kicked out for associating with a person(s) not associated with Cosa Nostra, but the criminalty aspect to it?
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Their reports list admin actions brought against members for crime:

https://www.wcnyh.gov/docs/2019-2020_WC ... Report.pdf
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

pretty good article this week. I’m kind of excited about those Andy books. Because of the amount of indictments and informers between both families, theres a ton of info on them... I’m thinking they’ll be good reads.

Man, some of those ILA guys have it sweet... jesus christ. It sounds sick, but I hope the guy gets reinstated. Catching some charity events, dinners, shows, etc. with a guy you’ve known all your life who happens to be persona non grata by the ILA doesn’t look good. But, to take someone down for that...just off sheer association...seems egregious. What really looked bad was the fact that their meetings and contacts ramped up right before the scheduled hearing and arbitration. I guess the ILA had to take the baby-with-the-bathwater approach. If the ILA is insinuating that this guy’s position and status increased after he reconnected with childhood friends who are mobsters...mobsters who aren’t allowed anywhere near the docks...they have a lot more to look into than some crane operator
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:46 pm pretty good article this week. I’m kind of excited about those Andy books. Because of the amount of indictments and informers between both families, theres a ton of info on them... I’m thinking they’ll be good reads.

Man, some of those ILA guys have it sweet... jesus christ. It sounds sick, but I hope the guy gets reinstated. Catching some charity events, dinners, shows, etc. with a guy you’ve known all your life who happens to be persona non grata by the ILA doesn’t look good. But, to take someone down for that...just off sheer association...seems egregious. What really looked bad was the fact that their meetings and contacts ramped up right before the scheduled hearing and arbitration. I guess the ILA had to take the baby-with-the-bathwater approach. If the ILA is insinuating that this guy’s position and status increased after he reconnected with childhood friends who are mobsters...mobsters who aren’t allowed anywhere near the docks...they have a lot more to look into than some crane operator
I read his last book and it was very poorly edited. I can’t recall off the top of my head right now but there were some pretty glaring errors or just sloppy parts. I’ll check these books out, but I was very surprised by the lack of editing.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:36 pmSo has anyone ever been kicked out for associating with a person(s) not associated with Cosa Nostra, but the criminalty aspect to it?
Yeah, there have been plenty of other people kicked out for all sorts of things. Engaged in crime not related to LCN, high on drugs, theft, and so on.
All roads lead to New York.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:21 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:36 pmSo has anyone ever been kicked out for associating with a person(s) not associated with Cosa Nostra, but the criminalty aspect to it?
Yeah, there have been plenty of other people kicked out for all sorts of things. Engaged in crime not related to LCN, high on drugs, theft, and so on.
Can you imagine they kick out a black guy that was once associated with the bloods or a Puerto rican once affiliated with the latin kings.You can only get away with doing something like this to an Italian or a white guy.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

bluehouse wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:57 am
Can you imagine they kick out a black guy that was once associated with the bloods or a Puerto rican once affiliated with the latin kings.You can only get away with doing something like this to an Italian or a white guy.

I could be wrong but I’m guessing there aren’t too many black and Latinos making almost half a million dollars a year as crane operators on the docks. And the state of California has gang affiliation statutes and codes that get innocent people jammed up every single day. Outside of very very specific cases, I promise you law enforcement is not giving blacks and Latinos a pass to focus on the Italians. I mean, part of the reason some of these families were able to build themselves back up post 2000 was that government diverted almost all their OC resources over to counterterrorism.

Plus, as evidenced by some of the more recent cases in Philly and New York, the caliber of law enforcement official that works OC is greatly diminished from 30 years ago. In 1980, they’d have their top tier guys working OC, whereas now it’s the complete opposite. All the top Feds are working counterterrorism and narcoterrorism. If they are indeed targeting Italians, they have a funny way of showing it.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:50 am
bluehouse wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:57 am

I could be wrong but I’m guessing there aren’t too many black and Latinos making almost half a million dollars a year as crane operators on the docks. And the state of California has gang affiliation statutes and codes that get innocent people jammed up every single day. Outside of very very specific cases, I promise you law enforcement is not giving blacks and Latinos a pass to focus on the Italians. I mean, part of the reason some of these families were able to build themselves back up post 2000 was that government diverted almost all their OC resources over to counterterrorism.

Plus, as evidenced by some of the more recent cases in Philly and New York, the caliber of law enforcement official that works OC is greatly diminished from 30 years ago. In 1980, they’d have their top tier guys working OC, whereas now it’s the complete opposite. All the top Feds are working counterterrorism and narcoterrorism. If they are indeed targeting Italians, they have a funny way of showing it.
Idk about all that, but I think it's easier to pick on us Italians because we never complain about it.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Well for starters even with the decline of the mob Bloods and Latin Kings aren’t apart of a multi billion dollar organization that still does massive economic damage
RamshackleMan
Straightened out

Post by RamshackleMan »

Cheech wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:27 am He for sure got railroaded but the guys a murderer. who gives a fuck? play stupid games and you win stupid prizes.
I agree but disagree. Crea is going to jail for something, without question, if not now, later. The guy is a gangster
and career criminal. HOWEVER, the feds have to play by the same rules they lay down for the defense. Period, full
stop Otherwise the whole thing is a shithouse built on lies that no one should respect.

Furthermore, it's a slippery slope. They railroad one guy like this, what's to stop them from railroading
you, me, Joe Average down the street? You hold their feet to the fire on this rather than saying, yeah, they're
screwing this guy, but he's scum anyway, so I'll give the government a pass.

It's like everyone PO'ed at Cosby. Don't be anymore disgusted with him than you already might be. Be disgusted,
instead, with the glory hound prosecutor who went after him after a moron predecessor essentially granted him
immunity in exchange for testimony.