First look at ‘Sopranos’ prequel…

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: First look at ‘Sopranos’ prequel…

Post by Pogo The Clown »

B. wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:41 pm
Raven wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:06 pm I really liked Mikey Palmice and felt like they wasted a great character killing him off so soon. That is my biggest gripe about the show.
Haha I like that it's your biggest gripe, but I agree. Palmice was great. One of the best characters outside of the main leads.

I was glad they brought his wife back for a cameo when Bobby's wife died. She reminded me heavily of Phil Colletti's wife in Philly who is in some documentaries.

Were you this fuckin' stupid when I married you?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

How about Bobby Baccalas father?
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Ivan wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:58 pm
B. wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:41 pm She reminded me heavily of Phil Colletti's wife in Philly who is in some documentaries.
Brenda Colletti is hilariously weird in those.

Kathy Ciancaglini is a of fun in those, too. I can do a superb impression of her bitching about John Veasey crank calling her.
HAHA Brenda was going to poison Merlino ...Classic,

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2008/10/ ... inating/7/

Then, one night, Sal Brunerti came up with an idea: Since none of them would be safe until Joey Merlino was dead and they were having so much trouble offing him, maybe they should let Brenda try. She could get all dolled up, walk into Merlino’s favorite club, get him to buy her a drink and then slip cyanide into his glass.

"When Sal said it, I was, like, ‘Yeah! I’ll I do it!’
RamshackleMan
Straightened out

Post by RamshackleMan »

JMAN723 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:35 am I’ve always believed Tony went to jail. Carlo could easily send him to jail since he was a high ranking member. His biggest fear was going to jail. He never did any real time and with his mental issues he probably couldn’t handle it. The family was pretty decimated by the end. Chris was dead, Bobby was dead, Silvio was basically dead. Paulie running things wax basically the final nail in the coffin if that happened
My thoughts on the end are straightforward:
1) The episode with Tony, Carmella, Janice, and Bobby vacationing at the lake. Bobby and Tony are talking about what it must be like when death comes and Bobby mentions he figures everything just goes black.
2) The camera would not follow Members Only Jacket during the series finale without a very good reason. He goes to the bathroom to retrieve a gun. Walks out and shoots Tony in the back of the head.
3) I don't think Chase will ever spell out his true intentions. He feels it's beneath him. The ending, no matter your interpretation, is an unequivocal fuck you to the average viewer. This is not surprising from a series that had flirted with mild contempt for its audience before.

Season 6 gets a mixed reaction from me. I agree the execution is scattershot compared to previous seasons, but there are indispensible moments as well.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

RamshackleMan wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:21 pm
JMAN723 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:35 am I’ve always believed Tony went to jail. Carlo could easily send him to jail since he was a high ranking member. His biggest fear was going to jail. He never did any real time and with his mental issues he probably couldn’t handle it. The family was pretty decimated by the end. Chris was dead, Bobby was dead, Silvio was basically dead. Paulie running things wax basically the final nail in the coffin if that happened
My thoughts on the end are straightforward:
1) The episode with Tony, Carmella, Janice, and Bobby vacationing at the lake. Bobby and Tony are talking about what it must be like when death comes and Bobby mentions he figures everything just goes black.
2) The camera would not follow Members Only Jacket during the series finale without a very good reason. He goes to the bathroom to retrieve a gun. Walks out and shoots Tony in the back of the head.
3) I don't think Chase will ever spell out his true intentions. He feels it's beneath him. The ending, no matter your interpretation, is an unequivocal fuck you to the average viewer. This is not surprising from a series that had flirted with mild contempt for its audience before.

Season 6 gets a mixed reaction from me. I agree the execution is scattershot compared to previous seasons, but there are indispensible moments as well.
. You certainly could be right
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

I always assumed that Tony was killed in front of his family at the end. Just like Phil, he overstayed his welcome, and the organization got rid of him. New York talked to Paulie and Patsy and it was decided it was time for Tony to go. After his trip to the Purgatory, Chrissy warned Tony and Paulie to be vigilant for 3 o'clock, and early on Paulie thought something might happen at 3 AM, but later realized Tony was sitting at his 3 o'clock in the boat during their trip to Miami in Season 6B. Later, Paulie even has that dream with Pussy cooking sausages that pretty much confirms he knew he was very close to getting clipped. In the last episode, Paulie is sitting at Tony's 3'o'clock and the camera focuses on Patsy's face during what looks like an ordinary scene when the Soprano and Parisi families meet to talk about their kids' future.

In Season 6 Paulie and Patsy handled the murder contracts for the crime family, and Patsy knew when Tony and his family were having dinner that night. Other than that there are multiple hints: the POV shots; the guy wearing the 'members only' jacket looking at Tony a few times before going to the restroom; the restroom being at Tony's 3 o'clock; Bobby's warning that you don't hear it when it happens; the loud white image Tony saw when he was coming out of his coma compared to the silent black image when it cut to black, etc.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

eboli wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:05 am I always assumed that Tony was killed in front of his family at the end. Just like Phil, he overstayed his welcome, and the organization got rid of him. New York talked to Paulie and Patsy and it was decided it was time for Tony to go. After his trip to the Purgatory, Chrissy warned Tony and Paulie to be vigilant for 3 o'clock, and early on Paulie thought something might happen at 3 AM, but later realized Tony was sitting at his 3 o'clock in the boat during their trip to Miami in Season 6B. Later, Paulie even has that dream with Pussy cooking sausages that pretty much confirms he knew he was very close to getting clipped. In the last episode, Paulie is sitting at Tony's 3'o'clock and the camera focuses on Patsy's face during what looks like an ordinary scene when the Soprano and Parisi families meet to talk about their kids' future.

In Season 6 Paulie and Patsy handled the murder contracts for the crime family, and Patsy knew when Tony and his family were having dinner that night. Other than that there are multiple hints: the POV shots; the guy wearing the 'members only' jacket looking at Tony a few times before going to the restroom; the restroom being at Tony's 3 o'clock; Bobby's warning that you don't hear it when it happens; the loud white image Tony saw when he was coming out of his coma compared to the silent black image when it cut to black, etc.

. I’m pretty sure Chris was still handling the big murder contracts in Season 6 Until he was killed. Wasn’t Rusty Milio hit in Season 6 and that guy from Boston that owed him/the family money ?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

JMAN723 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:49 amI’m pretty sure Chris was still handling the big murder contracts in Season 6 Until he was killed. Wasn’t Rusty Milio hit in Season 6 and that guy from Boston that owed him/the family money ?
It looked like that after Chris died, Patsy inherited him as the family's go-to guy for murders. When Tony placed a hit on Phil's life, Bobby and Sil passed it down to Paulie, who ordered Patsy to see it done. Patsy even used Chris' guy Corky to hire the trigger men.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

eboli wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:16 am
JMAN723 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:49 amI’m pretty sure Chris was still handling the big murder contracts in Season 6 Until he was killed. Wasn’t Rusty Milio hit in Season 6 and that guy from Boston that owed him/the family money ?
It looked like that after Chris died, Patsy inherited him as the family's go-to guy for murders. When Tony placed a hit on Phil's life, Bobby and Sil passed it down to Paulie, who ordered Patsy to see it done. Patsy even used Chris' guy Corky to hire the trigger men.
. Yes that’s true. Then they botched the Phil hit. Say what you want about Chris but one thing he was good at was important hits. Even before he got made he was involved in big ones like captain Jimmy Altieri and Juniors right hand man Mikey Palmice
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

RamshackleMan wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:21 pmSeason 6 gets a mixed reaction from me. I agree the execution is scattershot compared to previous seasons, but there are indispensible moments as well.
I agree with that. There were definitely some great moments in the final season. In just the one episode where you had the Monopoly game from hell and Bobby holding his little girl at the end after committing his first murder. Or in another episode with that scene when Tony and Chris embrace at Chris' baby's Christening and the look on Chris' face. But not enough of those and, as B mentioned, too many "I get it!" peyote, what the hell is the point of this scenes throughout.
All roads lead to New York.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:54 am I'll definitely give this a chance but I'll keep my expectations pretty low because I find that prequels usually are pretty disappointing. It's hard to tell stories I guess when you're so constrained by the original, not to mention the fact that they are usually blatant cash grabs. But hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised by this one. I just hope they don't shoehorn some woke bullshit into this like so much entertainment does these days.
i agree
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

One thing I always come back to when thinking about the final scene is how it somewhat mirrors the endings to the pilot and the first season.

The pilot ends with Tony having a BBQ in his garden for AJ's birthday. There's the hint of his concern about law enforcement when Chris talks about selling his story to Hollywood ("What are you gonna do, go Henry Hill on me now?"). Junior tells Livia that something might have to be done about Tony.

Season one ends with Tony and his family having dinner at Vesuvio's. He's worried about people flipping as a result of the bust that took down Junior. Paulie hints to Sil that he's worried about Tony seeing Dr Melfi.

The whole show ends with Tony and his family at a diner. He knows he'll be indicted at some point because Carlo flipped. Obviously there's also implied that someone in the diner might be there to kill him.

I find it interesting that all of the above scenes have pretty much the same basic elements (Tony spending time with his family; anxiety over law enforcment; Tony's life potentially being in danger) and that they're somewhat ambiguous each time. I think it's also interesting taking into account that all three could have functioned as final scenes if things had turned out differently (i.e., if the show never got picked up after the pilot, or if it wasn't picked up for a second season).
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

Calling it now feeches card game gets robbed by tony and jackie aprile will be a scene
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Fucking Quasimodo ovah here👆
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JohnnySalami wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:47 am Calling it now feeches card game gets robbed by tony and jackie aprile will be a scene
I think that's a good prediction.
All roads lead to New York.