Murders ordered by Castellano as Boss

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Re: Murders ordered by Castellano as Boss

Post by furiofromnaples »

Brian the brain wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:05 am I doubt most of DeMeo’s were authorized by Big Paul. Demeo killed citizens and even women. Not many if any American bosses would have approved that, perhaps that’s one of the many reasons Roy ended up in his trunk.
Roy ended in a truck because Paul was a pussy afraid of everything could bring heat on him and dont wanted to go in prison at 60 y old.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

There are many more. I count Frank Piccolo the Connecticut captain.

Tony Plate(1979)- I’m sure Paul signed off on this hit knowing he was on trial with Neil
richard_belding
Straightened out

Post by richard_belding »

John Cennamo was murdered in 1984 (staged suicide) , although likely not ordered by Castellano he was still in the seat at the time
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

JMAN723 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:47 pm There are many more. I count Frank Piccolo the Connecticut captain.

Tony Plate(1979)- I’m sure Paul signed off on this hit knowing he was on trial with Neil
Was directly Dellacroce that ordered to kill Plate because was too infamous and can easly damage Dellacroce defense in the trial.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

furiofromnaples wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:42 am
JMAN723 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:47 pm There are many more. I count Frank Piccolo the Connecticut captain.

Was directly Dellacroce that ordered to kill Plate because was too infamous and can easly damage Dellacroce defense in the trial.

For years i thought Neil ordered the hit which still is possible but I still think Paul had to sign off on it
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

richard_belding wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:28 pm John Cennamo was murdered in 1984 (staged suicide) , although likely not ordered by Castellano he was still in the seat at the time

. Yeah that was done by the Bergin Crew I believe and made to look like a suicide right?
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

think big paul orderd or okayd any hit in 1985? his last year on the chair
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JMAN723 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:12 am
richard_belding wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:28 pm John Cennamo was murdered in 1984 (staged suicide) , although likely not ordered by Castellano he was still in the seat at the time

. Yeah that was done by the Bergin Crew I believe and made to look like a suicide right?
According to this article that murder was done by Willie Boy Johnson, Ruggerio and Joe Watts on orders from Gotti Snr to protect his son.

https://www.nysun.com/new-york/gotti-sa ... -of/42339/
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

davidf1989 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:08 pm
JMAN723 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:12 am

According to this article that murder was done by Willie Boy Johnson, Ruggerio and Joe Watts on orders from Gotti Snr to protect his son.

https://www.nysun.com/new-york/gotti-sa ... -of/42339/

. Yeah that’s correct . Ruggiero was involved in a lot of big hits for Gotti obviously(Tony Plate, Favara)
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Always been skeptical of the way the Frank Piccolo murder has been painted... Gravano told the story about Castellano selling out his own CT captain to the Genovese family, but are there any sources who had firsthand knowledge of the Piccolo hit and how/why it was ordered?

The idea of the Genovese family asking Castellano, "Hey, can we kill one of your capos?" and Castellano arbitrarily saying "Okay, sure" doesn't sit right. Piccolo was a longtime member and top guy in CT.

Castellano was a vicious mafia boss at times. Gotti might have killed the guy who crashed into his son, but Castellano killed two of his daughter's significant others. The DeMeo crew was part of the Castellano faction under Gaggi and he knew at least some of what they were up to. It makes for a good story that Castellano was just some weak-willed businessman who got killed by the gangster Gotti, but Castellano was capable of extreme ruthlesness, as you'd expect from someone in his position.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

piccolo clashed with all the families over turf in ct. i think he was involved in shakingdown wayne newton or some singer and it made headlines but stll to kill him. i also think the shooters were genovese guys thats the kicker. gus cucio or something like that
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

B. wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:29 pm Always been skeptical of the way the Frank Piccolo murder has been painted... Gravano told the story about Castellano selling out his own CT captain to the Genovese family, but are there any sources who had firsthand knowledge of the Piccolo hit and how/why it was ordered?

The idea of the Genovese family asking Castellano, "Hey, can we kill one of your capos?" and Castellano arbitrarily saying "Okay, sure" doesn't sit right. Piccolo was a longtime member and top guy in CT.

Castellano was a vicious mafia boss at times. Gotti might have killed the guy who crashed into his son, but Castellano killed two of his daughter's significant others. The DeMeo crew was part of the Castellano faction under Gaggi and he knew at least some of what they were up to. It makes for a good story that Castellano was just some weak-willed businessman who got killed by the gangster Gotti, but Castellano was capable of extreme ruthlesness, as you'd expect from someone in his position.

. You made a great point that many don’t mention. There is a big misconception that Paul was just a harmless business type boss. While yes it’s true he was not a street guy he still had a temper and would order anybody killed he disliked or felt was a threat to him. I mean Gotti was scared of him otherwise why would he work so hard to get Sammy and Decicco to help him
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

furiofromnaples wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:33 pm
bert wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:05 pm
NYNighthawk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:55 pm I'm sure castellano wished he had taken gotti and his crew out the minute quack quack, gene gotti and john carneglia were busted for the heroin case in 1983.
If he knew what was coming he would have, he underestimated them. I wonder being you just brought it up, if Castellano had any time before they shot him or in a brief moment after of who the shooters were, or if he even had that brief moment before death to think. If it took him a couple of minutes to die he would no doubt have wished he struck first.
They was protected by Dellacroce,they was untouchable.
If he really had Dellacroce’s support I always wondered why he waited until after Dellacroce died to do it. Isn’t there a chance that since Dellacroce preached the rules he would have killed Gotti for it?
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Raven wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:09 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:33 pm
bert wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:05 pm
NYNighthawk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:55 pm I'm sure castellano wished he had taken gotti and his crew out the minute quack quack, gene gotti and john carneglia were busted for the heroin case in 1983.
If he knew what was coming he would have, he underestimated them. I wonder being you just brought it up, if Castellano had any time before they shot him or in a brief moment after of who the shooters were, or if he even had that brief moment before death to think. If it took him a couple of minutes to die he would no doubt have wished he struck first.
They was protected by Dellacroce,they was untouchable.
If he really had Dellacroce’s support I always wondered why he waited until after Dellacroce died to do it. Isn’t there a chance that since Dellacroce preached the rules he would have killed Gotti for it?
Because Dellacroce was a blue collar guy but a real mobster so he would protect Gotti crew for the drug trafficking but not for the murder of the family boss,for sure he would kill Gotti only if he would hear that Gotti only thinked to kill Castellano.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:22 am Good list. Here are some more.

Soldier Guido “Dolls” DeCurtis (1977)

Soldier Ralph Broccoli (1978)

Associate/Soldier? Robert Russo (1981)

Capo Antonino "Nino" Inzerillo (1982)

Soldier Peter A. “Pipi” Campisi (1983)

Plus I'm sure a large chunk of the DeMeo Crew's hits were OKed by Castellano.

Pogo
Any details on those killings (other than the decurtis killing)? Who did the hits? Why they were ordered?

I remember transcripts of Castellano that kinda show how capable he (like any of those bosses back the ) was of ordering hits. There’s a coupe with Piney, one where Piney tells Paul about Tommy Agro investigation and how it can blowback on family and whether they’d give okay for Agro to go on Lam. Piney said all options on table, and Paul asked about killing Tommy Agro, and then eventually said forget it, Tommy A a good guy. Then there’s another one where Paul talks about problems in killing, how they’ll order a guy gets clipped and something gets fucked up, and then you gotta clip another guy, a guy you may wanna keep, and then it’s a trickle effect of clipping guys. Always found those convos to be very illuminating.