Lucchese’s Brooklyn

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Lucchese’s Brooklyn

Post by CornerBoy »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 pm a lot has to do with attrition and consolidation. less active soliders. lots of guys have died, gone to prison, or grew old since the time of 3 or 4 functioning Brooklyn crews in the Luccheses. Wiseguy said it above, too... lots of that Brooklyn manpower, whatever’s still active, probably got spread out to some of the other crews too.

on one of the more recent episodes Pennisi himself didnt seem to know the genesis of the crew he was in, or the succession of crews which ultimately lead to one ‘Brooklyn’ crew. He was specifically asked what happened to the Vario crew and replied he didnt know, but also said with the same breath that Danny Cutaia had a crew and Big John took it over (which we know as Big John basically taking over a merged/consolidated form of all of the Brooklyn crews, including the crew he himself came up in, in Bensonhurst). Pennisi also said “that’s Big John’s crew. Our crew” when Tom mentioned Furnari and the 19th hole crew. So I’m guessing the consolidation happened long, long before Pennisi was around.

in regards to big john himself, hes been around a long time. supposedly he got close to DiNapoli in prison and saved his life during a heart attack, and that’s what ‘led’ to him being a Capo (according to Pennisi) but at the same time, his brother especially seemed to have some influence; wasn't his brother Capo of one of the Brooklyn crews going back almost 20 years ago? Not sure who proposed him but hes been around for well over 20 years

it made sense that there was more than one Brooklyn crew once upon a time, especially considering Canarsie is almost its own little world, and is a world apart from Bensonhurst. Why there were three separate Bensonhurst crews is kind of crazy. What i want to know is when it all became one. When people like Pagliarulo, Castellucci’s brother, etc. all got popped back in the day, it makes sense to maybe merge the Bensonhurst crews ‘back’ into one another...but why then merge it with the Canarsie crew?

I wonder what happened to Jon Baudanza. Canarsie crew guy living on Staten Island, but Pennisi never talks about him. I wonder if he ended up moving to a Long Island crew or is simply just not active and Pennisi was never around him

Hope John Baudanza stays away. i really do. he doesn't want this and he understands its a shitty life but with a father and uncle in Colombo and married a cutaia its going to be hard but I hope he breaks away.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Yes it is strange that John Baudanza was never mentioned? I thought he moved to FL or was that his buddy Marino?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

CornerBoy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:41 am
newera_212 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 pm a lot has to do with attrition and consolidation. less active soliders. lots of guys have died, gone to prison, or grew old since the time of 3 or 4 functioning Brooklyn crews in the Luccheses. Wiseguy said it above, too... lots of that Brooklyn manpower, whatever’s still active, probably got spread out to some of the other crews too.

on one of the more recent episodes Pennisi himself didnt seem to know the genesis of the crew he was in, or the succession of crews which ultimately lead to one ‘Brooklyn’ crew. He was specifically asked what happened to the Vario crew and replied he didnt know, but also said with the same breath that Danny Cutaia had a crew and Big John took it over (which we know as Big John basically taking over a merged/consolidated form of all of the Brooklyn crews, including the crew he himself came up in, in Bensonhurst). Pennisi also said “that’s Big John’s crew. Our crew” when Tom mentioned Furnari and the 19th hole crew. So I’m guessing the consolidation happened long, long before Pennisi was around.

in regards to big john himself, hes been around a long time. supposedly he got close to DiNapoli in prison and saved his life during a heart attack, and that’s what ‘led’ to him being a Capo (according to Pennisi) but at the same time, his brother especially seemed to have some influence; wasn't his brother Capo of one of the Brooklyn crews going back almost 20 years ago? Not sure who proposed him but hes been around for well over 20 years

it made sense that there was more than one Brooklyn crew once upon a time, especially considering Canarsie is almost its own little world, and is a world apart from Bensonhurst. Why there were three separate Bensonhurst crews is kind of crazy. What i want to know is when it all became one. When people like Pagliarulo, Castellucci’s brother, etc. all got popped back in the day, it makes sense to maybe merge the Bensonhurst crews ‘back’ into one another...but why then merge it with the Canarsie crew?

I wonder what happened to Jon Baudanza. Canarsie crew guy living on Staten Island, but Pennisi never talks about him. I wonder if he ended up moving to a Long Island crew or is simply just not active and Pennisi was never around him

Hope John Baudanza stays away. i really do. he doesn't want this and he understands its a shitty life but with a father and uncle in Colombo and married a cutaia its going to be hard but I hope he breaks away.
yeah, but whats a guy going to do when you been doing the same thing for 20+ years? I mean I did construction (family operated) from 18 till about 22 yrs old. Went into the army then college, graduated got some internships and a job or two relating to my degree and now I'm 34 and back at construction again. I got some sympathy for these guys. Thats all they know Always end up going back to the same thing. I really think it will take a few more generations till the mob starts to feel the effects of attrition imo and that's why.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:24 am These were the captains when Pennisi got made

Joe DeSena- Long Island
Carmine Avellino- Long Island
Richie DeLuca- New Jersey
Dom Truscello- Manhattan
John Castellucci- Staten Island/Brooklyn
Stevie Crea Jr- Bronx
Anthony Santorelli- Bronx
Paolo LoDuca- Long Island (No crew)

Is Sal avellino still alive? if so, he shoudl be boss. He was Duck's protégé for gods sake
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

If Neil Migliore was still alive, He and avellino should be runnign the family if Sal is still alive and joe dibenedetto as the #3 or #4 guy
DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

Rocco wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:25 pm Yes it is strange that John Baudanza was never mentioned? I thought he moved to FL or was that his buddy Marino?
John has been low key since getting out, he had some legit stuff going on with chris reda. Craig marino was in FL but recently has been in BK alot, seen him in Positano not too long ago which is the old 101 restaurant in bay ridge.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

DonnieB wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:29 am
Rocco wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:25 pm Yes it is strange that John Baudanza was never mentioned? I thought he moved to FL or was that his buddy Marino?
John has been low key since getting out, he had some legit stuff going on with chris reda. Craig marino was in FL but recently has been in BK alot, seen him in Positano not too long ago which is the old 101 restaurant in bay ridge.
Isn't or wasn't Ralph Basalmo from the Genovese the Host at Positano?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:30 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:24 am These were the captains when Pennisi got made

Joe DeSena- Long Island
Carmine Avellino- Long Island
Richie DeLuca- New Jersey
Dom Truscello- Manhattan
John Castellucci- Staten Island/Brooklyn
Stevie Crea Jr- Bronx
Anthony Santorelli- Bronx
Paolo LoDuca- Long Island (No crew)

Is Sal avellino still alive? if so, he shoudl be boss. He was Duck's protégé for gods sake
He’s really old and has a trillion dollars. He’s to smart to take the top spot, leave it to the younger guys.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Good thread.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

CornerBoy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:41 am Hope John Baudanza stays away. i really do. he doesn't want this and he understands its a shitty life but with a father and uncle in Colombo and married a cutaia its going to be hard but I hope he breaks away.
Any update on his father or uncle? Joseph/Carmine.

Years ago Joseph was ID'd as a Capo yet nothings surfaced on that or him in years.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

listening to that mba podcast it sounded to me pennissi is saying mike desantis is kinda in the clear. that guy tom was asking questions like how do you not get caught and pennisi like you got to be carefull. and it sounds like hes done testifying......
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

been like 3yrs since he flipped case must have hit a block or had no teeth to begin with.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:40 pm listening to that mba podcast it sounded to me pennissi is saying mike desantis is kinda in the clear. that guy tom was asking questions like how do you not get caught and pennisi like you got to be carefull. and it sounds like hes done testifying......
In one of the podcast he mentioned that Desantis was worried about Robert Spinelli flipping and mentioned “he could have a problem”. Maybe Spinelli and that other guy Foti would also be testifying in the future Desantis case again
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Been awhile. They'll probably indict him on one of the bulletin rico conspiracy cases. Where the only charge is that you belong to the interprise and so an so. They did it to that guy scoops in Philly. Basically indicted him cause he was at all the sit downs that Gambino guy was wearing a wire to. He sat in jail for like 18months but beat the case
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Lot of good internal politics talk on the shuffling of the admin from the Bronx to Brooklyn in tonight's live show.