Providence Capos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Providence Capos

Post by nash143 »

In an attempt to create charts for the Patriarca Family (60s-80s), I've also tried to piece together Capo succession for the Providence area. This is not a complete succession list , but at least a starting point. Hopefully others can add to the list.

Enrico “Henry” Tameleo
? – 1969 (imprisoned, died in prison 1985). Tameleo in different files is identified as a Capo, Chief Lieutenant of Rhode Island and Underboss.

Louis “The Fox” Taglianetti
? – 1970 (murdered). Taglianetti was under indictment when killed.

Edward “Eddie/Mulligan” Romano
Identified as ‘Acting Capo’ in 1969 FBI file. In a file from 1974, it states Bianco and Romano are “still in charge of things in the R.I. area until Raymond Patriarca is released.” Romano is later identified as a Capo in 1989. Died 1999. Unsure if he was Capo though this whole time period.

Nicholas “Nicky” Bianco
Returned to Providence from NYC in 1973, identified as a Capo in 1974. Became UB in 1989, after William Grasso’s murder.

Stephen “Peanuts” Broccoli
Identified as both Acting Capo and Acting UB for Rhode Island, for Nicky Bianco when Bianco was imprisoned between 1975 -1979.

Raymond Patriarca Jr
Identified as a Capo in 1984, just prior to Raymond Snr’s death. Named Boss once Ray Snr had died.

There seems to be a trend in the 60s-70s where a Providence-based Capo is often also referred to as the Rhode Island Underboss.

Matthew Guglielmetti
Identified as a Capo in 1989, presumably taking over Bianco’s crew when he was made UB. Absorbs members in the old Grasso crew.
RI_Guy
Associate

Re: Providence Capos

Post by RI_Guy »

Stevie peanuts was the captain for the the silver lake crew, Eddie Romano was the captain for the Charles Street crew. Not really info on the succession, just some extra info
salvine
Prospect

Post by salvine »

Because he's from there and worked there I asked my pops about this thread. His memory's in decline, but he said paraphrased, "Broccoli was the top guy when the old man was in the can and used his leverage to get his non-Italian nephew made against all rules."
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

How about Anthony St. Laurent and how was he made when his surname doesn't sound Italian?
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

davidf1989 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 pm How about Anthony St. Laurent and how was he made when his surname doesn't sound Italian?
OK first of all there are Italian names specifically Northern Italian names that do not end with a vowel all the time…Such as Senter or delsanter or Desantis etc
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

salvine wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:01 pm Because he's from there and worked there I asked my pops about this thread. His memory's in decline, but he said paraphrased, "Broccoli was the top guy when the old man was in the can and used his leverage to get his non-Italian nephew made against all rules."
Wait what? Was he half italian or…?
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Extortion wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:42 pm
davidf1989 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 pm How about Anthony St. Laurent and how was he made when his surname doesn't sound Italian?
OK first of all there are Italian names specifically Northern Italian names that do not end with a vowel all the time…Such as Senter or delsanter or Desantis etc
Ok and thanks for your explanation. was st laurent made a Capo during the eighties or nineties?
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Who were the big time guys? Major labor rackets? The guys that some celebs would approach and shake hands with at restaurants? Patriarca is the only name that pops up. The Irish mob had Boston locked with Bulger's FBI connect.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:36 pm Who were the big time guys? Major labor rackets? The guys that some celebs would approach and shake hands with at restaurants? Patriarca is the only name that pops up. The Irish mob had Boston locked with Bulger's FBI connect.
The Coias and the Laborers Union in Providence. Arthur Sr. was close to Ray Sr.

The Winter Hill Gang had South Boston and certainly benefited from the Connolly connection but they didn't control the whole city. The North End was the Italians.
All roads lead to New York.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

St laurent interesting. He did a lot of hustling all over New England and I don't think anyone gave a shit. For what its worth I read his mother remarried and he took the step farhers last name fairly young. But if his uncle was peanuts would make him some Italian. Also read peanuts was a union rep or something in the 70tys in the ray files maybe even president. Of the local
nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by nash143 »

RI_Guy wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:22 pm Stevie peanuts was the captain for the the silver lake crew, Eddie Romano was the captain for the Charles Street crew. Not really info on the succession, just some extra info
Thanks. What era is this- the 70s? Do you know if these two areas always had a crew attached to them?
Did Federal Hill have a crew- or was it just Ray Sr who was located there?
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

St. Laurent was Italian, no scandal there...
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Frank “BoBo” Marrapese was a captain that operated out of the Acorn Social Club in Federal Hill. He participated in multiple murders for the Patriarcas over the 60s-80s. Ultimately died in prison a few years ago.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

I wish we could see all the old Salvine posts.... What a nice man with great info
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

Eddie Lato was identified as a capo in the strip club indictment involving Anthony Dinunzio. Pretty sure Lato became a capo in the late 1990s to early 2000s. I believe Joe Achille was a capo at some point as well. I call BS on claims Joe Ruggiero and Tony Parillo have been/are capos.