Richard Cantarella testimony notes

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

newera_212
Full Patched

Re: Richard Cantarella testimony notes

Post by newera_212 »

Made my way through the Richard Cantarella interview in spite of Gunner - but I couldn't do it for the Paul Cantarella interview. Gunner is too hard to listen to. He's like a combination of Alite and Bill Staxx.

From what I could gather from the PAUL Cantarella interview, I feel a little bad for the guy. Maybe he's a slick guy and held back a lot, but it seemed like he was kind of forced into that life. Was interesting that he said he did a few scores with Paciello but at the same time knew better enough to keep his distance from all those kids. I guess that was easy to do when you're young and already hanging out with and working for the Administration directly though. Would be great to hear these two on a different platform.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

He barely had a chance to tell his story. Part 2 is forty minutes long, and Paul only speaks for about five minutes. We finally get an interview with someone other than Franzese, Alite, or Pennisi—and this guy ruins it.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Hopefully they'll interview with some of the other channels soon.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:18 am He barely had a chance to tell his story. Part 2 is forty minutes long, and Paul only speaks for about five minutes. We finally get an interview with someone other than Franzese, Alite, or Pennisi—and this guy ruins it.
Seriously. Paul mentioned a few times how he thought Massino was personally causing a split / rift at the top - it would have been great to hear more on that. Even if Paul didn't know the how and why, I'm sure he could give more examples, since he was dealing with both Massino and Vitale at the same time.

The funniest shit was when (Richard) Cantarella seriously asked Gunner if he had been in touch with Vitale. "Have you talked to Sal?" lmao.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

jimmy_beans8 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:58 am Memory wasn't so bad when testifying......maybe tactic .....
i doubt it at this point, he testified in 04 at the Massino trial and in 07 at the Basciano trial. The guy is nearly 80 if the memory is a bit shot at that point it makes sense.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:24 am
TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:18 am He barely had a chance to tell his story. Part 2 is forty minutes long, and Paul only speaks for about five minutes. We finally get an interview with someone other than Franzese, Alite, or Pennisi—and this guy ruins it.
Seriously. Paul mentioned a few times how he thought Massino was personally causing a split / rift at the top - it would have been great to hear more on that. Even if Paul didn't know the how and why, I'm sure he could give more examples, since he was dealing with both Massino and Vitale at the same time.

The funniest shit was when (Richard) Cantarella seriously asked Gunner if he had been in touch with Vitale. "Have you talked to Sal?" lmao.
i was dying laughing...in all seriousness though despite the shortfalls of his interview style (very annoying I agree) I got to give Gunner props for even getting any of these guys on to talk. Says alot about his reach.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Dapper_Don wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:27 pm

i was dying laughing...in all seriousness though despite the shortfalls of his interview style (very annoying I agree) I got to give Gunner props for even getting any of these guys on to talk. Says alot about his reach.
Maybe he can reach out to Massino through Cantarella?
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:57 pm
Dapper_Don wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:27 pm

Maybe he can reach out to Massino through Cantarella?
Cantarella says hes not in contact with Massino or Vitale.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Lindbloom comes across like someone on coke or adderall, launches into his life story every time the guest manages to get a word in. Still, good for him for putting the interviews together.

Got the impression the Cantarellas don't spend much time reminiscing about the past. Richie seemed sharp enough and what he said matches testimony, so when he said he's forgetting things he might just mean in the last 15+ years he hasn't sat around thinking about ruling panels and all that, so now it's foggy. Paul had trouble remembering their uncle Al Walker's real last name... I don't think this stuff is at the front of their minds these days.

Someone needs to ask Paul more about his belief that the Bonannos were on the verge of war before the indictments hit. Could be dramatizing things but he didn't seem like he was trying to oversell anything else in the interview.
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Amazing the amount of backstabbing and deceit these guys have, everyone is lying and conniving constantly.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

desertdog wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:03 am Amazing the amount of backstabbing and deceit these guys have, everyone is lying and conniving constantly.
Especially the Bonannos.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

B. wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:54 am Lindbloom comes across like someone on coke or adderall, launches into his life story every time the guest manages to get a word in. Still, good for him for putting the interviews together.

Got the impression the Cantarellas don't spend much time reminiscing about the past. Richie seemed sharp enough and what he said matches testimony, so when he said he's forgetting things he might just mean in the last 15+ years he hasn't sat around thinking about ruling panels and all that, so now it's foggy. Paul had trouble remembering their uncle Al Walker's real last name... I don't think this stuff is at the front of their minds these days.

Someone needs to ask Paul more about his belief that the Bonannos were on the verge of war before the indictments hit. Could be dramatizing things but he didn't seem like he was trying to oversell anything else in the interview.
He either does a fat rail....

Or a steroid shot.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Another thing I noticed...

Cantarella told the story about Napolitano giving his jewelry to the bartender before his murder, but JD had the coroner's report and Napolitano had his jewelry on when his body was found. Shows how even someone that knew the killers can end up believing pop culture lore.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

B. wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 pm Another thing I noticed...

Cantarella told the story about Napolitano giving his jewelry to the bartender before his murder, but JD had the coroner's report and Napolitano had his jewelry on when his body was found. Shows how even someone that knew the killers can end up believing pop culture lore.
Didn't the FBI report that?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pistone did but I haven't seen it in an official FBI report or anything.

JD said Napolitano's body was wearing jewelry, including a gold bracelet given to Napolitano by his girlfriend. He also said his hands weren't chopped off, there were just signs that animals and decay had damaged his hands/fingers.

Then Massino testifies that Pistone's infilitration wasn't the reason Napolitano was killed, so almost everything about that murder turned out to be wrong, down to the motive, except him asking his killers to shoot him again and "make it good". There's still that at least.