Michael franzese's sitdown with Gotti

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: Michael franzese's sitdown with Gotti

Post by TommyGambino »

How can you 'not or get the Franzese hate' he's a fraud, dunno how anyone can like him tbh
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

I beleive MF never met Gotti in his life just like he never met fat tony
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:31 pm How can you 'not or get the Franzese hate' he's a fraud, dunno how anyone can like him tbh
Forgive me, but that strikes as an emotional response, and why the fuck would anyone FEEL anything that strongly about the guy just baffles me.

He wasnt a wanton killer, didnt rip off regular people, didnt push drugs, didnt ruin any neighborhoods. I read hes trying to start a nationwide pizza chain. He has real business acumen from what I can see. I mean, if he ratted on someone you know....ok.

Yall are too naive, all that Church stuff is just image makeover for him. Its spin, to satisfy the media and cops. Dudes a born hustler, that doesnt stop cause he quit the streets. Stop treating the guy like hes an ACTUAL Reverend or whatever, hes a Christian in Armani, lol. I'll never forget visiting a friend of mines home in high school. Huge place, I'm like, " Bro, yall slanging that good?". He said, " Nah, slinging that God.."
They are fuckin hustlers, this is facts.

It's just odd to me. I know hes a rat, but yall watch every rat channel anyway. And hes about the most classy and successful of all the rats. Arrilotta had a lot on the ball, but lower ranked and a lesser earner. Pennisi didnt have the rank or rackets, and really was embroiled in a lot of petty shit. Franzese has a kind of polish that I think will allow him to transition away from exclusively discussing crime. You see this as he expands his audience, interviewing an Ed O'Neal.

Understand guys, I've never felt even the slightest urge to watch Franzeses channel ONCE. Like..... for what? I read the book..... Same with Sammy......
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Like, how many stone cold killers attend Church and shit. So..... they have REAL faith? Lmao..... come on now....
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

The fact that he lets interviewers refer to him as a "boss" tells you everything. Gianni Russo calls himself a boss as well. This is insane. This is probably all the proof you need that the mob isn't what it used to be. Maybe it's just Sicilians now running everything super low key. The old Italian-American mob empire as we knew it must be just about defunct. If clowns like this can go around calling themselves bosses.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:44 am
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:31 pm How can you 'not or get the Franzese hate' he's a fraud, dunno how anyone can like him tbh
Forgive me, but that strikes as an emotional response, and why the fuck would anyone FEEL anything that strongly about the guy just baffles me.

He wasnt a wanton killer, didnt rip off regular people, didnt push drugs, didnt ruin any neighborhoods. I read hes trying to start a nationwide pizza chain. He has real business acumen from what I can see. I mean, if he ratted on someone you know....ok.

Yall are too naive, all that Church stuff is just image makeover for him. Its spin, to satisfy the media and cops. Dudes a born hustler, that doesnt stop cause he quit the streets. Stop treating the guy like hes an ACTUAL Reverend or whatever, hes a Christian in Armani, lol. I'll never forget visiting a friend of mines home in high school. Huge place, I'm like, " Bro, yall slanging that good?". He said, " Nah, slinging that God.."

It's just odd to me. I know hes a rat, but yall watch every rat channel anyway. And hes about the most classy and successful of all the rats. Arrilotta had a lot on the ball, but lower ranked and a lesser earner. Pennisi didnt have the rank or rackets, and really was embroiled in a lot of petty shit. Franzese has a kind of polish that I think will allow him to transition away from exclusively discussing crime. You see this as he expands his audience, interviewing an Ed O'Neal.

Understand guys, I've never felt even the slightest urge to watch Franzeses channel ONCE. Like..... for what? I read the book..... Same with Sammy......
An emotional response? :lol: 99% of what comes out of his mouth is lies, that's the issue. Don't dislike him because he ratted, I couldn't care less, I just can't see what's likeable about him. I don't watch all the rats videos like you say, probably watched a handful combined. It's the same with all of them, I gave that Jimmy Calandria one a go the other day and he was saying he pushed and threatened to kill gene gptti in jail lol, turned it straight off.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

TommyGambino wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:16 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:44 am

An emotional response? :lol: 99% of what comes out of his mouth is lies, that's the issue. Don't dislike him because he ratted, I couldn't care less, I just can't see what's likeable about him. I don't watch all the rats videos like you say, probably watched a handful combined. It's the same with all of them, I gave that Jimmy Calandria one a go the other day and he was saying he pushed and threatened to kill gene gptti in jail lol, turned it straight off.

What does he lie about other than his convoluted definition of informant?
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

nizarsoccer wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:27 pm

He allows interviewers to refer to him as a boss. Is that not at a minimum perpetuating a lie?
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

bluehouse wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:44 pm I beleive MF never met Gotti in his life just like he never met fat tony
I think he met both. Despite being shady and dishonest about his cooperation, Franzese was one of the biggest earners in NYC while Gotti and Fat Tony were on the street. He was a freaking captain. Odds are pretty decent on him interacting with both. *And* Franzese was off the street by the time Gotti became boss.
Franzese was really close with Fritzy Giovanelli, who was one of Chin’s guys. I don’t know what evidence is out there that he’s making these interactions up. Lying about the nature of his cooperation is not evidence.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:55 pm

He allows interviewers to refer to him as a boss. Is that not at a minimum perpetuating a lie?
It seems like a lot of these ex-wiseguys use the term “boss” to describe captains in certain instances. I think I’ve seen them all do it. I don’t think Franzese is actually trying to pass off that he was head of a borgata.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:45 pm

It seems like a lot of these ex-wiseguys use the term “boss” to describe captains in certain instances. I think I’ve seen them all do it. I don’t think Franzese is actually trying to pass off that he was head of a borgata.
These ex wiseguys know exactly what it means to pass yourself as a boss when you're not. Sure, casual observers use the term "mob boss" to describe a low ranking person all the time, but the guys who've been there know better. I bet he'd correct an interviewer if he said something emasculating about him, or got his politics wrong. But boss? "sure, I was a boss". Like I said, they only do it because the real bosses of yesteryear are dead. Then again they only come out in public in the first place for this reason.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I don’t think he’s intentionally trying to be deceptive. Whereas I do think he’s intentionally lying when he describes his cooperation.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:08 pm I don’t think he’s intentionally trying to be deceptive. Whereas I do think he’s intentionally lying when he describes his cooperation.
I think he's doing both. Both fit his character.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Why stop there? Why not assume he’s lying about being a made guy? Why not assume he’s lying about growing up in Brooklyn?
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:55 pm

He has no control over buzzfeed or VladTV titling his videos as a mob boss. In all his interviews/videos he makes is crystal clear that he was a Capo with the Colombo's and that his boss was Junior.