Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Moscone65 »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:47 am Doubt moving 2 hours away will save him😂
Different criminal landscape. Where’s he gonna go, Halifax with the Spyfield mob dicks? He would wanna stay with his own kind most likely. Regardless there is a much better chance to live than staying in montreal
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

AntComello wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:42 am You gotta give it to Desjardins, the guy has fuckin balls. I hope for entertainment purposes he gets released cuz I really want to see how this all plays out. Does anyone know if he is still allied with Mirarchi?
I doubt it since mirarchi made up with the Rizzuto guys at this point. I don’t think he would outright send people after him but low chances of him backing him again.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:56 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:47 am Doubt moving 2 hours away will save him😂
Different criminal landscape. Where’s he gonna go, Halifax with the Spyfield mob dicks? He would wanna stay with his own kind most likely. Regardless there is a much better chance to live than staying in montreal
Wouldn't really say it's a different landscape since the Riszutos have guys there.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:58 pm
AntComello wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:42 am You gotta give it to Desjardins, the guy has fuckin balls. I hope for entertainment purposes he gets released cuz I really want to see how this all plays out. Does anyone know if he is still allied with Mirarchi?
I doubt it since mirarchi made up with the Rizzuto guys at this point. I don’t think he would outright send people after him but low chances of him backing him again.
Thanks
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Crime organisé: la chaleur grimpe autour de Jarrod Bacon | JDM

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/ ... rrod-bacon
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:18 pm
Wouldn't really say it's a different landscape since the Riszutos have guys there.
DelBalso was there with some associates but he has since returned to montreal, don’t know if he still has people there, but it’s still safer than montreal for him.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Moscone65 wrote:The odds are seriously against him. If I were desjardins I would move far away from all that. Atleast go to Quebec City and try something there, montreal is packed with guys that want him dead.
Agreed. He has nothing to lose and has no change but to fight back. I don't think he'll last.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Moscone65 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:16 am
OcSleeper wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:18 pm
DelBalso was there with some associates but he has since returned to montreal, don’t know if he still has people there, but it’s still safer than montreal for him.
I wouldn't doubt there's guys there, along with others outside eof Del Balso. But my point being is Quebec City is so close to Montreal, I wouldn't even consider it a safe haven. If Desjardins wants to be safe he'd have to disappear far away. Anywhere in Quebec wouldnt be safe.
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

I wonder where his current shooters come from...he doesn't have an organization behind him, seems like he can still pay guys who will take the job but that his real fortunes lie with how popular he is with the French mob/HA....he doesn't seem to be out of resources yet, he was TIGHT with Mirarchi and its hard to imagine him in continued operations or warfare without Mirarchi. If he was able to pull off successful hits on 2 guys - Rizzuto and Solecito - what other man would still be trying to kill him? I guess maybe someone, but if he got both those guys somehow me might be able to live to old age in Montréal.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

mr white wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:06 pm I wonder where his current shooters come from...he doesn't have an organization behind him, seems like he can still pay guys who will take the job but that his real fortunes lie with how popular he is with the French mob/HA....he doesn't seem to be out of resources yet, he was TIGHT with Mirarchi and its hard to imagine him in continued operations or warfare without Mirarchi. If he was able to pull off successful hits on 2 guys - Rizzuto and Solecito - what other man would still be trying to kill him? I guess maybe someone, but if he got both those guys somehow me might be able to live to old age in Montréal.
Highly doubted it, he’s been targeted out of Sicily (specifically after Bravo running his mouth) and all of the relatives all over the world, these ones that are like the ones in Sicily, kill women, children, everyone with him or has been. I was in Sicily in 2019, observing all this, last people you want a blood enemies with.

I don’t know if those guys play on that level, but those that do have already been put in motion, so who knows what can happen, but when people are put on a list to be killed by Sicilians, they never forget or forgive.

Think about the Gallo that Vito killed in Mexico, the 🐒 in 2014, Tony Magi, etc.
Heck there’s probably Sicilians already breeding Sicilians for this or those that will in the future, it’s a Blood Vendetta, one blood needs to be exterminated in the pure interpretation IMO

But that’s no just reserved for Desjardins, I been able to source a bunch of information about his network in Ontario, specifically related to what’s occurred in Hamilton, so it should get interesting lol
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

It truly amazes me Canada doesn’t have a RICO like law yet. I know they have that gangsterism law but it’s clearly not effective. You’d think after 60 something murders they’d have enacted stricter laws

Wonder how many bodies will get dropped and if any high level guys get whacked besides Desjardins. If desjardins pulls it off it’s going to be some real godfather baptism shit
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Going back to the discussion about membership for a bit. I've been trying to catch up on my reading re. Montreal recently and this is one aspect that has fascinated me in particular. If I'm understanding what other posters have written here correctly then I'm in agreement that possibly the most reliable way to identify Montreal members over the past roughly 20 years is to go by whoever Renaud identifies as an homme d'honneur (based on how he conveys his understanding of the term relating to Lorenzo Giordano going through an initiation rite in 2004).

I've also been looking through some old Gang Lands to see whenever Capeci refers to Montreal figures as wiseguys. It seems to me at least that (like Massino in his testimony) Capeci reserves the term wiseguy for inducted members. For instance, he might refer to "wiseguys and associates" as if they are two separate groups, and I also cannot find any examples of him referring to any non-members as wiseguys (if anyone does have any examples please correct me, I don't want to be working off a faulty assumption).

With that in mind, I've found examples of Capeci referring to both Mucci and Ragusa as wiseguys:
On the night of the [three captains murders], said another source, Goldie drove Sciascia and two other Sicilian wiseguys imported from Canada as shooters, Vito Rizzuto and Emanuel Ragusa, to the murder site.
"Feds Waiting For Goldie", 01 July 2004.
Last week, Montreal police arrested and jailed a wiseguy [Mucci] with close ties to the leaders of the Bonanno family's Canada-based crew for being loaded for bear while he was in a car. That is the literal, official charge: Possession of a "prohibited weapon designed to repel bears." We kid you not.
"Loaded For Bear In Montreal", 02 September 2010.

In another article published on 30 September 2010, Capeci refers to Mucci in a headline as a "pepper spray wiseguy".
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great post, Chin.

Would be good to know if Capeci has hard evidence Ragusa and Mucci were inducted into the Bonannos. Both are strong candidates.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Jerry Capeci is very much respected by Canadian organized-crime reporters Adrian Humphreys and Peter Edwards. Capeci in turn very much respects them.

Capeci is knowledgeable about the Caruana-Cuntrera Organization (CCO), as are Lee Lamothe and Humphreys. If Capeci has had access to the same comprehensive US intelligence reports about the CCO that Lamothe and Humphreys do, Capeci would be a third writer who may be able to confirm whether Emanuele Ragusa, now deceased, was in fact a Quebec-based member of either the CCO or the Siculiana family. No one is more of a mob groupie than Lamothe; so he might have found out Ragusa’s formal affiliation from any one of the numerous underworld sources that were cultivated over the decades as a crime reporter and then as a true-crime writer.

Personally, I don’t think Ragusa was a Bonanno, either as an inductee or as a transfer — this is why I specifically didn’t list him among the 18 made Bonannos I speculated were at the two meetings in Montreal with Sal Vitale in 1999.

Tony Mucci has long been considered by Canadian law-enforcement agencies to be a made man, and the only crime group he could have been made into is the Bonannos. But made men in Quebec with ancestry from Siculiana, Montallegro, and Cattolica Eraclea no longer seemed, by all appearances, to be given an ultimatum by the New York Bonannos to pack up and leave. This so-called “Siculiana Crime Group” that was dubbed in the 1970s may still be around today.