John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by TommyNoto »

Chris Christie wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:59 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:42 am
Chris Christie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:41 pm Maybe one day La Vecchia/Pennisi can get Merlino on the podcast and they can ask him. Who knows where we'll be in five years with this stuff.
Somewhat related to that last comment, this is from the newest Mob Talk Sitdown GA and DS put up today.
GA: Once [Merlino] comes off [supervised release] there's a rumour circulating he's gonna become part of the blogosphere or whatever, he's gonna get involved in something.
DS: Yeah, very prominent site, in fact. We won't talk about it because we have not had anything confirmed, but the rumours are after he's off supervised release he's gonna do something with them.
GA: You know and I think, you know, one: I'll be surprised if he does it because it's contrary to his nature to do something on a regular basis, "look at me", that kind of stuff.
DS: Yeah.
GA: On the other hand, I think he sits there and sees other guys doing it and supposedly making money.
DS: Mm-hm.
GA: Talking about a guy like Gravano, like Franzese, like John Alite, and Joey's sitting there saying, you know, "I got as much to say as they."
DS: Yeah.
GA: We'll see. I mean, it would be difficult for me to see Joey being as frank and open as those guys are. I don't think it's his nature.
DS: Yeah, and the transition from being super quiet the last 12 months to going onto a blog or a podcast or whatever is a complete change for Joey but -
GA: It would get a following.
DS: Yes, he will.
GA: It will get a following if that happens. So, that's something to watch. But again, that's not gonna happen until after he gets off supervised release, and given his character, his whole nature, it's kind of contrary to what he's always been. We'll see.
When he got out of prison the first time he was trying to float the idea of a movie or book deal, which led me to believe that he was retired. He keeps things interesting, I'll give him that.
He might just be taking people’s $ these days and preaching this life is done to w everyone ( as he knows someone is wearing a wire ) except for a few of his close admin friends where he might give a nod on important matters.

It’s hard to figure out what Philly has left. If they have a big Philly / S NJ / Delaware sports book like Luchesse NJ / Perna then he is going to have to make some decisions given how busy that biz is. However if their sports biz flamed out then I’m not sure what’s left to make big decisions on as I doubt these guys are doing big Contractors loans like Westside. Some small time loansharking, random scores , mid level drug dealing, extortion with some successful quasi legit co. That crew should have one of biggest sports books in country but I don’t get that sense like you do with NJ / NY books

I would love to learn more about that Safety Group thing with Westside. In NJ the highway / construction safety industry is a HUGE biz right now run predominantly by convicts who get paid $40-$60 p / hr to just stand there ( beyond boring my tho ) . A bunch of my friends are now in it and quit their old jobs to run these Co’s, all have done state time for large coke dealing but now they are all doing this lol .

I
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TommyNoto wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:52 pmHe might just be taking people’s $ these days and preaching this life is done to w everyone ( as he knows someone is wearing a wire ) except for a few of his close admin friends where he might give a nod on important matters.

It’s hard to figure out what Philly has left. If they have a big Philly / S NJ / Delaware sports book like Luchesse NJ / Perna then he is going to have to make some decisions given how busy that biz is. However if their sports biz flamed out then I’m not sure what’s left to make big decisions on as I doubt these guys are doing big Contractors loans like Westside. Some small time loansharking, random scores , mid level drug dealing, extortion with some successful quasi legit co. That crew should have one of biggest sports books in country but I don’t get that sense like you do with NJ / NY books

I would love to learn more about that Safety Group thing with Westside. In NJ the highway / construction safety industry is a HUGE biz right now run predominantly by convicts who get paid $40-$60 p / hr to just stand there ( beyond boring my tho ) . A bunch of my friends are now in it and quit their old jobs to run these Co’s, all have done state time for large coke dealing but now they are all doing this lol .
You don't see anything LCN-related elsewhere approaching the NY books in terms of size. For comparison purposes, the 2007 Lucchese had $2.2 billion in bets over 16 months. The 2009 Lucchese case had $400 million in bets over 2 years. The biggest bookmaking case in Philadelphia over the past 20 years was the 2008 Borgata case, which involved $60 million in bets over 20 months.

You about summed up Philly. Bookmaking is their mainstay. Their video poker took some big hits and was supposedly in decline anyway. Some loansharking. Some drug distribution. Some random scores. You'll see some dabbling in legit businesses but not exactly the major leagues. A restaurant or nightclub here. A scrapyard or small construction company there.

The move to extort some unaffiliated bookmakers in AC was an interesting twist in the latest case.
All roads lead to New York.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

elasticman wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:16 pm
As has been discussed, Gravano is at the point of running out of stories and heavily embellishing things/making things up.
Thats why he has to hurry up and finish his podcast life stories before people tune out and he doesnt get as much views which will effect a netflix deal.He should only do 4 seasons he is now upto his 3rd that should be him taking out PC and becoming UB and him then ratting on gotti and the 4th season should be him in jail then in arizona.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

bluehouse wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:42 pm
As has been discussed, Gravano is at the point of running out of stories and heavily embellishing things/making things up.
Thats why he has to hurry up and finish his podcast life stories before people tune out and he doesnt get as much views which will effect a netflix deal.He should only do 4 seasons he is now upto his 3rd that should be him taking out PC and becoming UB and him then ratting on gotti and the 4th season should be him in jail then in arizona.
It's been over a month between his "podcast episodes" and all his stories are reciting historical events from his "underboss" book "murder machine" or various other publications that most people have no idea they exist, hence all the views imo. Similar to Michael Franzese.
We know who and what he is. They don't.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

There’s mad fucking Ads in his sitdownnews page holy shit
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:08 am
bluehouse wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:42 pm
It's been over a month between his "podcast episodes" and all his stories are reciting historical events from his "underboss" book "murder machine" or various other publications that most people have no idea they exist, hence all the views imo. Similar to Michael Franzese.
We know who and what he is. They don't.
i see what your saying but if someone is interested in sammy maybe they might start finding other lcn related subjects interesting too and might start doing more research.His latest story about Roy taking out ninos bullet and replacing it was bullshit.In murder machine the bullet was lodged in his body and came out a year later while he was in jail and he flushed it down the toilet then got someone in his crew to bring him a different bullet
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

Will he tell all the Arizona stuff? Or is that a no no as it will make him look bad.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

John Pennisi wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:49 am Babania

Salvatore “Sal the Sphinx” Ruggiero the younger brother of, Angelo “Quack-Quack” and was an associate with the Gambino family. Also known as, Sally around his neighborhood of the East New York section of Brooklyn. Inferior to his boisterous older brother, Sal used brains in place of brawn. His business was drug trafficking, which he developed into a large stream of steady revenue. In fact, Sal became one of New York’s wealthiest narcotics dealers, moving marijuana, cocaine and, [Babania] heroin. One of his suppliers was, Gerlando Sciascia a major narcotics trafficker from Canada. Over a certain period of time, Sciascia became a caporegime with the Bonnano family who ultimately murdered him..

Is he saying George Sciascia killed Sal?? Didn't he die in a plane crash?

He even doubles down on this in his SitdownNews video on youtube titled Brains behind the Gotti Crew @ 3:05.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnMBV0dLwJg
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:37 pm
John Pennisi wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:49 am Babania

Salvatore “Sal the Sphinx” Ruggiero the younger brother of, Angelo “Quack-Quack” and was an associate with the Gambino family. Also known as, Sally around his neighborhood of the East New York section of Brooklyn. Inferior to his boisterous older brother, Sal used brains in place of brawn. His business was drug trafficking, which he developed into a large stream of steady revenue. In fact, Sal became one of New York’s wealthiest narcotics dealers, moving marijuana, cocaine and, [Babania] heroin. One of his suppliers was, Gerlando Sciascia a major narcotics trafficker from Canada. Over a certain period of time, Sciascia became a caporegime with the Bonnano family who ultimately murdered him..

Is he saying George Sciascia killed Sal?? Didn't he die in a plane crash?

He even doubles down on this in his SitdownNews video on youtube titled Brains behind the Gotti Crew @ 3:05.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnMBV0dLwJg
Hes saying the Bonnano family ultimately murdered Sciascia.....
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

I did think the Sitdown video he did about Johnny Santori was very interesting. Especially the part about Santori basically punking out Pete Gotti and Tommy Sneakers
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Browniety86 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:32 pm I did think the Sitdown video he did about Johnny Santori was very interesting. Especially the part about Santori basically punking out Pete Gotti and Tommy Sneakers
I dont know if i beleive that pete was a made guy and also his brother was the boss
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Has the woman in question surrounding all this Pennisi drama ever been identified?
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

funkster wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:15 pm Has the woman in question surrounding all this Pennisi drama ever been identified?
Wait, she'll eventually make her own channel telling her side.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

That last episode was interesting. You really see him kinda come out of his shell. He's been pretty cool and collected , but this episode he snaps out of that. I guess this really wasn't that long ago and frankly sounds pretty traumatic

Short of him killing the girl (like Ralphie and Tracee on the Sopranos) , whatever happened between them should have never been brought into LCN. I'm sure he's leaving some stuff out, and that's the stuff that may have gotten him ostracized initially - but unless she was related to somebody it shouldn't have mattered. It's crazy that they chased an objectively smart and capable guy over a girl
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

newera_212 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:47 pm That last episode was interesting. You really see him kinda come out of his shell. He's been pretty cool and collected , but this episode he snaps out of that. I guess this really wasn't that long ago and frankly sounds pretty traumatic

Short of him killing the girl (like Ralphie and Tracee on the Sopranos) , whatever happened between them should have never been brought into LCN. I'm sure he's leaving some stuff out, and that's the stuff that may have gotten him ostracized initially - but unless she was related to somebody it shouldn't have mattered. It's crazy that they chased an objectively smart and capable guy over a girl
Exactly HOW HOT was this woman?