Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by NickleCity »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:56 am
NickleCity wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:15 am Congratulations. You're the ScottB of Buffalo.
Well that is quite the compliment, to be compared to a well know OC expert. Thank you! I just hope Scott isn’t out off by his being compared to me.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:10 pm I can't believe this is still ongoing.
My OCD is undefeated.
All roads lead to New York.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

ICE does not understand organised crime let alone the mafia guys, these arrests in Buffalo were made by ICE/HS and yes, they are profiling Italians and assuming that any organised criminal who is Italian must be LCN. A different thing is the FBI (NY and Washington including Buffalo office) that says that LCN activities are still happening in Buffalo. Those might have nothing to do with Bongiovanni, Masecchia etc, probably they have nothing to do with this low level criminality at all. If what is happening in Ontario and in Upstate NY is connected then we will see something more substantial, perhaps a RICO operation, soon enough - without the ICE bullshit.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

Scale and previous status aside, Buffalo and Detroit LCN are both functioning entities. The people on here who constantly argue "the mob is dead and you are a fan boy if you believe anything else," have literally never spoken to a single FBI agent, US Atty. or actual wiseguy in their lives. You do the math.

SMB
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

So? The FBI and US Att have openly said both are gone so whatever point you are trying to make is moot.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

the FBI in 2017 said they are gone in Buffalo, but have effectively restarted looking at them in 2020 - new team, new office, new International cooperations - and essentially said 'sorry, we don't know what we were saying a few years ago, mafia is alive'.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

But knowing of animosities across institutions, I don't think they can possibly mean the ICE operations against the Italians that we saw, that is too bullshit - that cannot be what they meant.
elasticman
On Record

Post by elasticman »

calabrianwatch wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:09 pm the FBI in 2017 said they are gone in Buffalo, but have effectively restarted looking at them in 2020 - new team, new office, new International cooperations - and essentially said 'sorry, we don't know what we were saying a few years ago, mafia is alive'.
When did the feds say they didn't know what they were saying.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

calabrianwatch wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:09 pm the FBI in 2017 said they are gone in Buffalo, but have effectively restarted looking at them in 2020 - new team, new office, new International cooperations - and essentially said 'sorry, we don't know what we were saying a few years ago, mafia is alive'.
The FBI never said anything of the sort. That's nothing more than wet dream of a few posters here.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Oh I know they did (not in those words of course) - plus they also semi-officially did in a meeting in Washington I was told about, (even if they didn't comment publicly it also says it between the lines here -https://www.officer.com/investigations/ ... l-but-dead (which was on buffalonews too)- whichever way, it's not really about these latest arrests and we will wait and see if anything gets out.
ng
On Record

Post by ng »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:32 pm
Lupara wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:10 pm I can't believe this is still ongoing.
My OCD is undefeated.
Your ego is undefeated
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

calabrianwatch wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:18 am Oh I know they did (not in those words of course) - plus they also semi-officially did in a meeting in Washington I was told about, (even if they didn't comment publicly it also says it between the lines here -https://www.officer.com/investigations/ ... l-but-dead (which was on buffalonews too)- whichever way, it's not really about these latest arrests and we will wait and see if anything gets out.

So now the FBI is having meetings in Washington about the resurging Buffalo family? Lucky for us you were told about it so you can come on here to tell us.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

sorry, but have you got any idea of how FBI works right? Washington is where the Transnational Organised Crime unit is located, from where the local units, field office, start, including NYC and Buffalo, so yeah, what is the problem in them talking about this in Washington, excuse me? Plus, you keep talking about the buffalo family, I never said anything about a Buffalo Family - look at my name - I am interested in the Calabrian groups and mostly their business around, including niagara and Ontario, so maybe just maybe understand that this might be a different thing from good old LCN as well?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Actually you did say Buffalo.

the FBI in 2017 said they are gone in Buffalo, but have effectively restarted looking at them in 2020 - new team, new office, new International cooperations - and essentially said 'sorry, we don't know what we were saying a few years ago, mafia is alive'.

So we are to believe that the FBI is holding meetings in Washington to discuss Buffalo, that at said meeting they said they didn't know what they were talking about in the past and that in fact Buffalo is alive and somehow you were told all about it (maybe on What's app again). Hmmm, somehow this is not passing the smell test.

Pogo
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

calabrianwatch wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:58 am sorry, but have you got any idea of how FBI works right? Washington is where the Transnational Organised Crime unit is located, from where the local units, field office, start, including NYC and Buffalo, so yeah, what is the problem in them talking about this in Washington, excuse me? Plus, you keep talking about the buffalo family, I never said anything about a Buffalo Family - look at my name - I am interested in the Calabrian groups and mostly their business around, including niagara and Ontario, so maybe just maybe understand that this might be a different thing from good old LCN as well?
There's no Washington DC-based "Transnational Organized Crime Unit," per se.

Under the Executive Branch of the U.S. government, you have several agencies, one of which is the Department of Justice (overseen by the U.S. Attorney General). Within the Justice Department are several divisions, one of which is the Criminal Division. Within that division are several sections, one of which is the Organized Crime & Gang Section. It handles case coordination, investigative support, prosecutions, etc. involving organized crime (including transnational organized crime).

Another division within the Justice Department is the Federal Bureau of Investigation. And within the FBI there are several branches, one of which is the Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch. Within that is the Criminal Investigative Division which, among other things, investigates organized crime (including transnational organized crime).

Like the FBI, within the Justice Department there is the Drug Enforcement Administration. It, of course, targets organizations mainly or solely involved in drug trafficking. It is the lead agency in the Special Operations Division (SOD) which targets international trafficking organizations.

The closest to any such thing you're talking about is the Attorney General's Organized Crime Council, which is made up of the FBI, DEA, ATF, ICE, IRS, Coast Guard, and Marshal's Service. It was what made the official determination back in 2009 to consider the threat from international organized crime, rather than the Italian-American Mafia, as the primary organized crime threat facing the United States. This led to a reprioritization of resources based on the following -

•Groups that are designated to the Top International Criminal Organizations Target (TICOT) List
•Families of La Cosa Nostra
•Organized crime groups in regard to cases coordinated by the International Organized Crime Intelligence and Operations Center (IOC-2)
•Any other organized crime group that OCGS, in consultation with any affected USAO, has designated a High Priority Organized Crime Group