John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by chin_gigante »

In the latest podcast Pennisi says Paolo LoDuca was used as liaison between the Lucchese family and the Sicilian Gambinos. Would make sense. Could also explain why they made him a captain without a crew.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Im sick of this correlation that Tom L on New Theory does with trying to relate Cosa Nostra to business. They all do it-Sammy, Franzese... no one can admit that people just to want to hear Cosa Nostra related discussions. Its like taboo. Similar to how they come up with different terminology on how they ratted. Just admit who you are and what people want to hear.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

And if you are employed and go into work thinking your going to use what was said on a mob yt channel your an idiot.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:34 am Im sick of this correlation that Tom L on New Theory does with trying to relate Cosa Nostra to business. They all do it-Sammy, Franzese... no one can admit that people just to want to hear Cosa Nostra related discussions. Its like taboo. Similar to how they come up with different terminology on how they ratted. Just admit who you are and what people want to hear.
:lol: I was about to write the same thing. "John, this is like when I worked in corporate" :roll:
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

JohnnyS wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:29 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:34 am Im sick of this correlation that Tom L on New Theory does with trying to relate Cosa Nostra to business. They all do it-Sammy, Franzese... no one can admit that people just to want to hear Cosa Nostra related discussions. Its like taboo. Similar to how they come up with different terminology on how they ratted. Just admit who you are and what people want to hear.
:lol: I was about to write the same thing. "John, this is like when I worked in corporate" :roll:
Haha its so true, sir. Im surprised no one said it month(s) ago.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Tom doesn't bother me as much as he does some on here, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Having said that, i can't help but roll my eyes every time he refers to himself as the business guy or talks about his MBA. Dude, you have a podcast you're not Jamie Dimon.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Also that bullshit theory that these guys would of been successful in the corporate world.Guys at the top of fortune 500 companies usually come from old money families and then went to Harvard they deal with much higher quality competition than sal from the bronx whos in a beef over who gets a bigger cut of the rims they just stole.Lets see how far myer lansky would of gotten if bugsy and charlie wernt killing for him
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:35 am And if you are employed and go into work thinking your going to use what was said on a mob yt channel your an idiot.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In the real world theres no sit down or plead your case if your working for someone your boss decides what happens to you.Its not like the street were you can maneuver around and somehow make side deals with people
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

The podcast is riding high right now in popularity, and they are obviously trying to maintain that by churning out regular material, but one wonders how long that can go on. Sooner or later, Pennisi has got to run out of stories.
All roads lead to New York.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

bluehouse wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:47 pm
Also that bullshit theory that these guys would of been successful in the corporate world.Guys at the top of fortune 500 companies usually come from old money families and then went to Harvard they deal with much higher quality competition than sal from the bronx whos in a beef over who gets a bigger cut of the rims they just stole.Lets see how far myer lansky would of gotten if bugsy and charlie wernt killing for him
As someone that grew up around a lot of old money kids who had every single advantage in the world handed to them on a silver spoon, I can assure you they aren’t any smarter than these super successful street guys. They might handle being rich better than a street guy because that’s all they know. But a **large** number of those people are coasting on family money and status. They are born on 3rd base and act like they hit a triple.

Don’t get me wrong, I definitely think LaVecchia overstates the “business lessons“ aspect of Cosa Nostra—but if you are someone like Anthony Arilotta, who ran a large successful drug operation for several years, that takes more skill and smarts than a lot of people realize. Your talking logistics, payroll, transportation, inventory, etc. Those skills *could* serve Arilotta well if he started a trucking company, or a night club or something like that.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:03 pm The podcast is riding high right now in popularity, and they are obviously trying to maintain that by churning out regular material, but one wonders how long that can go on. Sooner or later, Pennisi has got to run out of stories.
Im with you in spirit there. Technically the stories have to run out. But Tom and Pennisi have both alluded to and even said to Pennisi having countless stories and him being open to sharing them all; they are just trying to strategically drop them.

Maybe I'm biased because I like Pennisi and Tom so much... much more than the others, but I think they're at their best when they're just riffing and John tells a random anecdotal story or two, not even a big story with an arc or some crazy thing... but the random sitdowns, interactions with other guys, just the minutia of modern mob life. He was doing that daily for years, and if he's serious about being open to sharing it all, they should be around for a while (unless they fuck it up by stooping to the grifter and boldfaced lying level that some of the others have done)

If the show continues to revolve around random stories and continues to give us an inside look at the regular drudgery of the life of a regular solider, instead of going for tall tales and sensational stuff, i think that they're on to something. I'd like to see them do well and if they're goin to try to make money on it, I'd be happy to support them on Patreon if the show kinda remained as it is now versus going sensational / generic
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:41 pm
bluehouse wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:47 pm
As someone that grew up around a lot of old money kids who had every single advantage in the world handed to them on a silver spoon, I can assure you they aren’t any smarter than these super successful street guys. They might handle being rich better than a street guy because that’s all they know. But a **large** number of those people are coasting on family money and status. They are born on 3rd base and act like they hit a triple.

Don’t get me wrong, I definitely think LaVecchia overstates the “business lessons“ aspect of Cosa Nostra—but if you are someone like Anthony Arilotta, who ran a large successful drug operation for several years, that takes more skill and smarts than a lot of people realize. Your talking logistics, payroll, transportation, inventory, etc. Those skills *could* serve Arilotta well if he started a trucking company, or a night club or something like that.
I understand that but theres a difference between someone whos family is from park avenue and someone who Has a mansion in staten island.Arilotta would probably be succesfull but he would never be anywhere close to being a ceo of google or at&t .
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

funkster wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:20 pm
Tom doesn't bother me as much as he does some on here, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Having said that, i can't help but roll my eyes every time he refers to himself as the business guy or talks about his MBA. Dude, you have a podcast you're not Jamie Dimon.
Its just you want to talk about mob stuff, so lets stop all this indirect business lessons from a "sitdown" and discuss mob stuff. I mean he can separate himself from the bullshit artists such as Franzese has a religous agenda, Alite has a for the kids agenda/second chance criminals...
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

He just said Pete Tuccio would never be made because Joe Cafe found out he took a police department test to be a cop

Also says Joe cafe said to John Perna to not come to him with a beard and he was pissed off
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Did anyone catch the Sit Down News where he said it was confirmed D'Arco was gonna get hit that day in the Kimberly Hotel...he said an old timer told him this...this was the first I ever heard of it being a reality and not just paranoia on D'Arcos part...