Luisi

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Luisi

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Question,
Something about Luisi just seems off. I think it’s no coincidence that the Patriarcas denied him. If other criminals don’t want you around then there has to be something. Do we think he had anything to do with setting up the 99 massacre? Might be a fucked up question but would love to hear thoughts. Merlin saw a few dollars and let him play wise guy for the family. Also, I keep seeing comments on their YT page about Tanso. Saying he gave a gun to a minor to handle some beef he was involved in, and then that he ratted on everyone else involved. Anyone have more info on this?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
mike68
Straightened out

Re: Luisi

Post by mike68 »

https://casew.findlaw.com/ma-supreme-ju ... 58262.html

The Tanso thing is most likely regarding the attached case.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I don't understand the whole Luisi story of:

"I ratted but it didn't matter and still went away for 20 years so I'm really not a rat "

Doesn't make much sense and once again is another HOOTIE excuse almost....

You know what's funny.... The only rat that felt justified and okay with flipping was Henry Hill it seems.

He's the only one that actually admitted he was a rat and was wrong
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Luisi is off. He was saying how he was doing well in witsec. Married, beautiful wife, mercedes, mansion, all this money, yada, yada yada...and now he doesnt have two nickels too rub together.
greekface
Prospect

Post by greekface »

He seems completely full of shit, like most of these internet rat guys. But the bs detector goes wayyyy off with him.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

probably the sketchiest and most suspect of all the internet celeb rats. just the fact, despite the name of the game being to court attention and clicks at all costs, that he’d feel okay with calling himself a boss and allow himself to be advertised as such, tells me everything I need to know. The only interesting thing about him is that (I think) he hails from the North End which has to be the most interesting Italian enclave the country ever had...feels almost like an old european city within a city. I’d find the average guy talking about what it was like back in the day in the north end more interesting than Luisi’s separate family tall tales.

also, Pennisi and Tom put Hootie on the pay no mind list, but openly promote the fact that you can pay for a one on one session with Luisi?
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

If the point is to get the "truth" out about "the life" then why should anyone have to pay anything?
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:25 am Question,
Something about Luisi just seems off. I think it’s no coincidence that the Patriarcas denied him. If other criminals don’t want you around then there has to be something. Do we think he had anything to do with setting up the 99 massacre? Might be a fucked up question but would love to hear thoughts. Merlin saw a few dollars and let him play wise guy for the family. Also, I keep seeing comments on their YT page about Tanso. Saying he gave a gun to a minor to handle some beef he was involved in, and then that he ratted on everyone else involved. Anyone have more info on this?

I think that Salemme refused to make him despite the fact that he was hanging around with the Rossettis. He did end up testify against Ponzo according to this article.
https://www.casemine.com/judgement/us/5 ... 5d386e28c2

He recanted his testimony against Merlino, Borgesi in the Philly mob and knew Guarente and Gentile.

https://gangsterreport.com/philly-godfa ... ainst-him/
RamshackleMan
Straightened out

Post by RamshackleMan »

I assume the reason Pennisi, et al, continue humouring Luisi’s boss bullshit is because they really believe the bulk of their audience are stupid enough to believe it.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:25 amSomething about Luisi just seems off.
Yeah, he lives in his own fantasy world.
All roads lead to New York.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

https://mycitypaper.com/articles/060701 ... ston.shtml
https://www.phillyvoice.com/former-joey ... -minister/

Luisi said his deal came apart because of problems he was having with a federal prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Boston. Instead, he went to trial. Previte was a key witness against him. Luisi was convicted and ultimately sentenced to 188 months in prison.

“I never liked Ronnie and Ronnie never liked me,” he said. “But today I’d like to thank him. He saved my life.”

Previte, in a phone interview on Monday, said he never disliked Luisi but thought he was too easily manipulated by Merlino and Borgesi.

“I didn’t dislike him, but I thought he was foolish and being used by them,” the onetime wiseguy said.

Luisi didn’t see it that way. He said he sought out the Philadelphia mob in the 1990s because of conflicts he was having with the Boston-based mob family with which he was associated.

At first, he said, he tried to align with the Gambino crime family in New York. But he said Peter Gotti, who was running the family for his jailed brother John at the time, said, “We don’t need any more friends.”

Luisi said he then used an associate who had spent time in jail with Philadelphia mob leader Ralph Natale to arrange a meeting in Philadelphia. Luisi said he first met with Natale at The Pub, a popular bar-restaurant in Pennsauken. He subsequently met with Borgesi and a crew of mob associates at a dinner in Delaware County and then met with Merlino at Gino’s Café, a South Philadelphia corner bar that the mob controlled at the time.

Those meetings led to an affiliation and Luisi’s formal initiation into the Philadelphia crime family. He became a capo with his own crew in Boston. By his estimation, he was generating tens of thousands of dollars a month through gambling, loansharking and drug dealing.

“When I went to jail, I had a million dollars on the street,” Luisi said of the various mob gambits in which he was involved. The feds would later allege that Luisi was sending $10,000 a month to Merlino as tribute and that, in effect, he bought his way into the organization.

“With Joey it was always pride and ego and money,” Luisi said.

Luisi said his goal at the time was to develop his own organization and eventually split off from Philadelphia.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Do people actually pay money for a "one on one session" with Luisi? Jesus Christ. I thought Franzese's "crew" was bad enough but this takes the cake.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

RamshackleMan wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:06 pm I assume the reason Pennisi, et al, continue humouring Luisi’s boss bullshit is because they really believe the bulk of their audience are stupid enough to believe it.
It’s called being a snake oil salesman.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Joey Merlino really deserves the Frank Scalise treatment.
All roads lead to New York.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Anyone who says "its for the kids" etc and tries to sell something on the show ie Alite style is a con artist. Its not about the kids because it doesnt take a genius these days since we have the internet to not get into the life. They want to rehash stories and tell them because it is their way of vicariously living through their past glory days and yes some people want to hear these stories given they are truthful. I hate when they say "in the end its for the kids"...Total bull since no fucking kids watch that shit. I never liked Luisi and his story seems so suspect.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo