Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by Antiliar »

Just brought it up for further research. I haven't read much about Merlo (the Mafia boss) for years, so forgot the name of his wife. Pecoraro, if I recall, was a popular name in Piana dei Greci. There was also a Merlo and a couple others in Los Angeles in the 1940s/50s involved in narcotics.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Ed wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:28 pm I love discovering the familial relationships between different Outfit members and associates. I'm researching Outfit informer Louis Bombacino who died in 1975. His brother, Anthony Bombacino, married the daughter of the owner of Albano Bakery. Anthony's son, also named Louis Bombacino, was active in the Outfit.

Anthony's brother-in-law was Eugene Albano. Albano was Paul Ricca's associate and testified in his defense at his perjury trial.

Albano was reportedly Joseph Amabile's cousin.

Villian mentioned that John Cerone had to bite the bullet and go to prison when Ricca testified against him because he promoted Bombacino. I agree with that, but I wonder if Ricca is more responsible for Bombacino's promotion within the organization than has been previously believed. As others have noted, Ricca reportedly enjoyed the special diabetic bread baked at Albano's and would have been friendly with Louis's brother.

Bombacino's original connection to the Outfit was through his childhood friend Frank Aureli (and maybe Joe Ferriola, the article is imprecise).
I always wondered why Ricca felt comfortable around Bombacino and it seems this was the case.

Regarding Joe the Freak Amabile...he operated around the west side and its suburbs, the same faction that was one time controlled by Ricca, Giancana and Battaglia. In fact Amabile was under Battaglia and was allegedly one of the shooters in the Roe hit, which in fact was favor done for Giancana, the Outfits underboss at the time.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Doesn't look like he'll do too much time.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Looks like Boka is back on Reddit under a new alias. Posted a pic of Toots Caruso in church next to Danny Davis and Susana Mendoza lol.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

PolackTony wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:40 pm Looks like Boka is back on Reddit under a new alias. Posted a pic of Toots Caruso in church next to Danny Davis and Susana Mendoza lol.
I saw that post and thought the same thing! Lol
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

givememysocks wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:51 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:40 pm Looks like Boka is back on Reddit under a new alias. Posted a pic of Toots Caruso in church next to Danny Davis and Susana Mendoza lol.
I saw that post and thought the same thing! Lol
Well, the obvious sign, apart from the pic and the new Reddit account, was that he referred to the Chinatown crew as the most violent group in LCN today lol.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Is he posting under multiple accounts? Seems like his style, but not many comments to really say for sure.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:22 pm Is he posting under multiple accounts? Seems like his style, but not many comments to really say for sure.
He’s already done it a few times and got his alt accounts banned. I’m pretty sure this is him again.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Honestly I fell for his thing until he became more and more unhinged. Like being all aggressive and claiming there was a commission meeting in 2017 with Frank Cali lol.

Never understood what the dudes problem was. Could’ve just posted without making all this schizophrenic claims
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Dave65827 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:42 pm Honestly I fell for his thing until he became more and more unhinged. Like being all aggressive and claiming there was a commission meeting in 2017 with Frank Cali lol.

Never understood what the dudes problem was. Could’ve just posted without making all this schizophrenic claims
Pennisi claimed they meet once in a while. He said its rare but they still do. But i took it as maybe one or two bosses meet at a time. Not all 5 families at once.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I was personally always under that impression as well

A meeting with all the head of the five families would be a wet dream for the FBI and every rat in the city of New York
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:57 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:42 pm Honestly I fell for his thing until he became more and more unhinged. Like being all aggressive and claiming there was a commission meeting in 2017 with Frank Cali lol.

Pennisi claimed they meet once in a while. He said its rare but they still do. But i took it as maybe one or two bosses meet at a time. Not all 5 families at once.
Yeah, Boka explicitly claimed that all 5 fams, Chicago, Philly, and NE (maybe Detroit, I forget) all meet simultaneously for official Commission meetings in Fl.

I used to communicate directly with him. He ghosted me once I challenged him on some erroneous info that he stated.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Ya boka is a bit of a nut, but I believe there’s shreds of truth behind what he says, mind you a lot of it is probably fabricated/exaggerated.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Much of what he’s claimed is just recycled directly from the old ANP comments section. I don’t believe that he’s one of the posters from there, however.