General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by SolarSolano »

There was a rumor that Sal Titone the father of Robert paid the Outfit off prior to even getting access to pay the judge. Francisco "Frank" Infelise used to own an auto garage on Grand Avenue between Damen and Western and a bunch of those guys would hang out at Caffe Capuccino right there next to Burger Baron.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:00 am There was a rumor that Sal Titone the father of Robert paid the Outfit off prior to even getting access to pay the judge. Francisco "Frank" Infelise used to own an auto garage on Grand Avenue between Damen and Western and a bunch of those guys would hang out at Caffe Capuccino right there next to Burger Baron.
Was that cafe cappuccino related to the one on Harlem and Addison?
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Yes same chain.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:00 am There was a rumor that Sal Titone the father of Robert paid the Outfit off prior to even getting access to pay the judge. Francisco "Frank" Infelise used to own an auto garage on Grand Avenue between Damen and Western and a bunch of those guys would hang out at Caffe Capuccino right there next to Burger Baron.
I don't remember it, was it where the cleaners is now?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:25 pm
Wait, I don't remember Cafe Cappuccino being next to Burger Baron. It was at Grand and May (across from Bari and Damato's -- since the cafe closed Damato's expanded with their wholesale bakery service in the storefront). I remember that back in the '90s/early 2000's there was another Italian cafe somewhere closer to Grand and Noble. I went there a bunch of times but do not recall the name or exact address anymore.

Incidentally, the license for Cafe Cappucino on Grand seems to have been held by a Francesco Lappo, who I think was related to a guy named Nicola Lappo. These Lappos are very likely from Taranto, Puglia. This is worth noting, as Aldo Cardellicchio (Pugliese OC figure on the lam in Chicago for narcotics and murder charges in Italy) was from Taranto and worked at the Harlem Ave location.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:03 pm
Wait, I don't remember Cafe Cappuccino being next to Burger Baron. It was at Grand and May (across from Bari and Damato's -- since the cafe closed Damato's expanded with their wholesale bakery service in the storefront). I remember that back in the '90s/early 2000's there was another Italian cafe somewhere closer to Grand and Noble. I went there a bunch of times but do not recall the name or exact address anymore.

Incidentally, the license for Cafe Cappucino on Grand seems to have been held by a Francesco Lappo, who I think was related to a guy named Nicola Lappo. These Lappos are very likely from Taranto, Puglia. This is worth noting, as Aldo Cardellicchio (Pugliese OC figure on the lam in Chicago for narcotics and murder charges in Italy) was from Taranto and worked at the Harlem Ave location.
Also, BTW, there are Lappos who are friends with Vito Salamone on FB.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

According to his FB, Tullio Infelise's son grew up in Cicero. He's friends with Turk Torello's son.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:33 pm According to his FB, Tullio Infelise's son grew up in Cicero. He's friends with Turk Torello's son.
Lol those family connections always continue don't they?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:02 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:33 pm According to his FB, Tullio Infelise's son grew up in Cicero. He's friends with Turk Torello's son.
Oh yes, lol. It’s fascinating to try and trace these networks via social media. The DiFronzo, Gagliano, and Cerone kids are friends. But then all of them are also friends with people with connected surnames from other crews.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:16 pm
Oh yes, lol. It’s fascinating to try and trace these networks via social media. The DiFronzo, Gagliano, and Cerone kids are friends. But then all of them are also friends with people with connected surnames from other crews.
Even guys like John Fecarotta's kid, who looks EXACTLY like him, which is just wild to me given the circumstances.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:16 pm
Check out the Pudgie's kids on Facebook - shows you how many businesses these guys have ownership interests nowadays.

Here is a story I've told previously but the owner of Baci's pizza in Chicago - infamous in Wrigleyville - was a major gambler. About 10 years ago there is this article about the Salamone kids at Bradley University down in Peoria opening the first Baci's in a new location outside the city - and it was a hit. You wonder - did these guys basically move in and give these businesses to their kids or what is going on there? You can find the articles on the internet.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

There is a book about this on Amazon by Christine Infelise - the wife of Ross Infelise, the middle brother who later got arrested for cocaine.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Your right - it was next to the Cozzo's sandwich shop where Richard Cain was killed. They used to sit on the sidewalk outside there - if you read the Stier Malone Anderson report it says Vena and Spina were holding court there as recently as 2000. That entire neighborhood I think is changing rapidly but there are massage parlors up and down that strip of Grand Avenue and if you read Panozzo's indictment, it sounds like these guys still had control of a lot of these.

If any of you guys live in the neighborhood - the Salvation Army there on Grand under the train tracks just before Milwaukee has a plaque to Joe and Andrew Lombardo for donations just inside the front entrance - and they used to hold horseshoe tournaments and bacci ball outside in that yard. Card games in the basement.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:34 pm
There is a book about this on Amazon by Christine Infelise - the wife of Ross Infelise, the middle brother who later got arrested for cocaine.
Rosario Infelise may now be living in Catania, Sicily. He seems to be close to Camillo Gigliotti (another Chicago Calabrese guy).
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:42 pm

Your right - it was next to the Cozzo's sandwich shop where Richard Cain was killed. They used to sit on the sidewalk outside there - if you read the Stier Malone Anderson report it says Vena and Spina were holding court there as recently as 2000. That entire neighborhood I think is changing rapidly but there are massage parlors up and down that strip of Grand Avenue and if you read Panozzo's indictment, it sounds like these guys still had control of a lot of these.

If any of you guys live in the neighborhood - the Salvation Army there on Grand under the train tracks just before Milwaukee has a plaque to Joe and Andrew Lombardo for donations just inside the front entrance - and they used to hold horseshoe tournaments and bacci ball outside in that yard. Card games in the basement.
I have bad memories of being forced to spend half the day shopping in that damn Salvation Army with my mother. There was no bocce involved, sadly.