General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Nurzhamba »

Hello everyone, do you know what kind of weapons were used by mobsters from the Colombo family during the third war? I know that Grancio was shot with a shotgun, and Joseph Scopo was shot with a MAC-10. Do you know the exact models or at least the type of weapon?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Nurzhamba wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:34 am Hello everyone, do you know what kind of weapons were used by mobsters from the Colombo family during the third war? I know that Grancio was shot with a shotgun, and Joseph Scopo was shot with a MAC-10. Do you know the exact models or at least the type of weapon?
The Grim Reaper was ambushed by three men with shotguns.
Nicky Grancio was shotgunned in the head with a 12-gauge.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Greg Scarpa did a drive-by on Vincent Fusaro with an M52. I would guess he used the same rifle in the accidental killing of Tommy Amato, since that was a drive-by as well.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

eboli wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:30 am
Nurzhamba wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:34 am Hello everyone, do you know what kind of weapons were used by mobsters from the Colombo family during the third war? I know that Grancio was shot with a shotgun, and Joseph Scopo was shot with a MAC-10. Do you know the exact models or at least the type of weapon?
Was the shotgun attack when Cutolo's men pulled up in a van and started shooting, or was it when he was standing at a traffic light in Brooklyn?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Nurzhamba wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:23 am
Was the shotgun attack when Cutolo's men pulled up in a van and started shooting, or was it when he was standing at a traffic light in Brooklyn?
It was the one when he was with his daughter. If I remember correctly, in the other they shot at him with Uzi submachine guns.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

eboli wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:44 am
Nurzhamba wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:23 am
It was the one when he was with his daughter. If I remember correctly, in the other they shot at him with Uzi submachine guns.
Thank you very much. Are the exact names of the attackers who attacked Scarpa in 1991 in early December and on December 30 in Brooklyn known? I read that Grancio sent his men on December 30 to kill Scarpa.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

And how!
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

This is for Carmine.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:38 pm This is for Carmine.
I thought it was "This one's for Carmine!" ?

Looks like the dots below his ear are the shotgun pellets entry wounds and the hamburger where his mouth and nose used to be is the exit wound.

Anyway just now found out that Mazza was the actual shooter because Scarpa's gun jammed. It seems like these guys' guns jam more often than they work. Probably attributable to incompetent firearms handling, I guess?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

If of interest for some of you/us

Michael Franzese, former Mafia Capo & Match-Fixer, speaking
on corrupting sports and America's new gambling regime...
2nd Annual Sports Integrity Presentation
University of New Haven
Wednesday April 21, 17.00 p.m.
(5.00 in the afternoon - New York time)
Zoom - all welcome but please register at adhag1@unh.newhaven.edu
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Nurzhamba wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:51 am Thank you very much. Are the exact names of the attackers who attacked Scarpa in 1991 in early December and on December 30 in Brooklyn known? I read that Grancio sent his men on December 30 to kill Scarpa.
I have seen nothing 100% confirming who the shooters were. The feds suspected Henry Smurra for the assassination attempt against Scarpa on November 18 when three guys with ski masks fired into the wrong car. Smurra was killed less than a week later.

Ivan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:37 pm And how!
Oof, Madone! He looks terrible!
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

NJ bookie busted. This guy connected or kicking up to anyone?

https://nypost.com/2021/04/20/nj-bookie ... tery-feds/
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:21 pm NJ bookie busted. This guy connected or kicking up to anyone?

Don't recognize the name. At least up to now, as far as I'm aware, we haven't seen a lotto/numbers related bust involving the mob since 2013. That year there was a numbers gambling charge involving the Gambinos. And there was a guy charged for being a runner in pick 6 lotto operation said to be tied to the DeCavalcantes.
All roads lead to New York.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:05 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:21 pm NJ bookie busted. This guy connected or kicking up to anyone?

Don't recognize the name. At least up to now, as far as I'm aware, we haven't seen a lotto/numbers related bust involving the mob since 2013. That year there was a numbers gambling charge involving the Gambinos. And there was a guy charged for being a runner in pick 6 lotto operation said to be tied to the DeCavalcantes.
Correction - the Gambino case was 2011. The DeCavalcante case 2013.
All roads lead to New York.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

I think it's the same O'Neill as the one mentioned in the attached file.

3123123.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.