Lucchese’s Brooklyn

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Lucchese’s Brooklyn

Post by johnny_scootch »

Mason76 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:15 am
I don't know maybe when Lubrano was a capo he was doing a favor for capo Dom Cutaia and looking out for Cutaia's grandsons between 2009-2010. This is the same time Dom Cutaia was retiring because of health issues and repeat indictments . Maybe Joe Lubrano was running his own "farm team" and his recruits were Dom Cutaia's grandsons (Joseph, Salvatore Jr and Anthony) making Lubrano responsible for the Cutaia's grandsons actions.

I found these court documents.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/43 ... -john-doe/

- In particular, Joseph Lubrano is accused of being a captain of the Luchese organized crime family of La Cosa Nostra and was charged with predicate acts of state and federal robbery conspiracy.
- Joseph Lubrano runs a social club located at Cambreleng Avenue and East 1885n Street in the Bronx, New York.
- On July 29, 2010 an individual matching Lubrano’s description had stopped by and asked for the Cutaia family. Joseph Cutaia, Salvatore Cutaia, Salvatore Cutaia Jr,, Anthony Cutaia and Domenico Cutaia are Lubrano's co~defendants, and their family members previously lived on Charleston street in Staten Island.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/43 ... -bernardo/

- defendant (Lubrano) was a captain who required that Joseph Cutai report to him, provide him a portion of the proceeds of Joseph Cutaia’s criminal activities.

https://www.silive.com/news/2017/10/sou ... ect_h.html

- Anthony Cutaia, 29, is the grandson of Luchese crime capo Domenico Cutaia and the son of reputed soldier Salvatore Cutaia, according to federal court documents. His half-brothers Joseph Cutaia and Salvatore Cutaia Jr. also have ties to the Lucchese family as well, authorities allege.

In 2010, the Cutaia clan was indicted on several racketeering, criminal enterprise and robbery charges stemming from a federal investigation that spanned from 2001 to 2009.

According to federal court records, Anthony Cutaia was the driver in an attempted robbery of a Brooklyn electronics store in late 2009. His half-brothers, his lawyer said in court papers, asked him to fill in last minute.

Cutaia pleaded guilty to robbery conspiracy and was sentenced to 33 months in prison in March 2012. His brothers also took plea deals. Joseph was sentenced to 10 years and Salvatore Jr. got 35 months.

In 2016, he was sentenced to another two years for violating the conditions of his supervised release, authorities said. Cutaia pleaded guilty to the violations, which included drug use and conspiring to obstruct drug testing, according to court records.
These kids aren't gangsters by any stretch of the imagination. They' were just wild animals running around Staten Island robbing anything not nailed down. These are the type of kids who are your 'friends' but will rob your house while you're on vacation. Joey is a fighter tho that's for sure. When I met him his name was Joey Degerolamo.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Yeah they seem to be addicted to opiates when carrying out these robberies. Imo that changes what type person you are and will become if you cant stop abusing that shit.
AnIrishGuy
Straightened out

Post by AnIrishGuy »

Ever so slightly off-topic, but do the Lucchese's still have a Manhatten crew?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

AnIrishGuy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:16 am Ever so slightly off-topic, but do the Lucchese's still have a Manhatten crew?
Joe Cafe
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Joe Cafe seems to be the most known under the radar guys that hasnt taken big pinch in a long time.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:48 am
AnIrishGuy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:16 am Ever so slightly off-topic, but do the Lucchese's still have a Manhatten crew?
Joe Cafe
Joe Cafe is captain of one of the Long Island crews according to Pennisi. He owns the cafe in Manhattan lives in Queens but his crew is considered a Long Island crew. Dom Truscello was the Manhattan crew captain with Tino Corso as his acting.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

These were the captains when Pennisi got made

Joe DeSena- Long Island
Carmine Avellino- Long Island
Richie DeLuca- New Jersey
Dom Truscello- Manhattan
John Castellucci- Staten Island/Brooklyn
Stevie Crea Jr- Bronx
Anthony Santorelli- Bronx
Paolo LoDuca- Long Island (No crew)
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Yeah Joe Cafe is based out of Caffe Napoli but his crew is a Long Island crew. Thanks for the info Johnny, I didn't know he owned that place. I forgot that Corso was acting for Truscello I wonder who has that crew now.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:24 am These were the captains when Pennisi got made

Joe DeSena- Long Island
Carmine Avellino- Long Island
Richie DeLuca- New Jersey
Dom Truscello- Manhattan
John Castellucci- Staten Island/Brooklyn
Stevie Crea Jr- Bronx
Anthony Santorelli- Bronx
Paolo LoDuca- Long Island (No crew)
I never understood how a capo can have no crew. I wonder if LoDuca had any associates under him.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 amI never understood how a capo can have no crew. I wonder if LoDuca had any associates under him.
I seem to recall Pennisi saying something about sometimes the families will do it if they're planning on bumping the guy up to the administration later on.
All roads lead to New York.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

In his testimony, Pennisi also has Sally Bo DiSimone as a captain before he died. Would be interesting to find out when exactly that was.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Good thread.

The three Bensonhurst area crews were Bobby Amuso, Chiodo, and Lastorino, then the D'Arco/Cutaia crew in Canarsie. So four Brooklyn crews at one point in the early 1990s.

Paolo LoDuca's promotion is interesting considering it's around the time the Sicilians were taking back power in the Gambino family and he has ties to them. LoDuca had been very close to Rosario Naimo as well, described by Sicilian pentito Calogero Ganci as Naimo's "compare". Ganci, son of the Noce boss, met with LoDuca when Ganci visited NYC. Italian LE identified LoDuca as a Sicilian man of honor at one point. LoDuca has brothers who were associated with him, so they would be at least associates in his crew if they were still alive.

The old Lucchese Queens crews had roots in Manhattan/Prince Street and East Harlem, so doesn't seem they ever connected to the Brooklyn faction. I'm guessing the Long Island group has roots in those old crews.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Pennisi doesn’t ever bring up George Conte and or Froggy Galione? Two powerhouses in Brooklyn in the 90’s......
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I think he's said he never met Conte cause he's out in Vegas or somewhere like that
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

tangora was a captain in bensonhurst, conte, papagani,daidone,and a few more