Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by CabriniGreen »

stubbs wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:51 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:31 pm
stubbs wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:44 pm Like they say in Sicily, “An account with Cosa Nostra is never closed”.

Dude started a war which led to dozens of people getting killed. Probably not worth the risk to leave a guy like that on the street. I mean, if Scoppa’s book is correct, Steve Sauce had Moreno Gallo clipped all the way in fuckin Mexico. And Raynald had a boss killed.

So, unless Raynald packs his bags and moves to BC or The Yukon or something, I’m sure someone is going to want payback. There’s just too much bad blood between the Rizzutos, Sollecitos, Cuntreras, etc. all who suffered losses due to Raynald.

Just my two cents. Who the hell knows what’ll happen.
He actually didnt. Arcadi actually kicked it all off killing Bertolo. That's what turned Dejardins and Miriarchi. Like why is Miriarchi alive then? Right?

And I take into account motivations. According to Scoppa, Sollecito was vindictive and petty. He wasnt REALLY that loyal to Vito, he was very political. He hit Gallo cause Gallo told him and his father to leave town.
He had an opportunity to squash it, didnt want to.

I mean, it took em like 6 or 7 years to hit Joseph. I'm just wondering if Dejardins can be useful to SOMEONE....
Not doubting you, and I know you clearly know your stuff bro... but I take Scoppa's opinion with a grain of salt.

Scoppa seems bitter about his life choices lol.. and super jealous of Sollecito. That doesn't mean his opinion of Sollecito is wrong, but reading all of the book excerpts you posted in that other thread, Scoppa seems like he's jealous Sollecito took control of everything and was close to Vito, as opposed to Scoppa doing it himself. So he seems bitter Sollecito out-maneuvered him on the street.

But, that's probably a longer discussion for the other thread.
Actually Stubbs, there is a little more to it....

Scoppa was the one who hid the Sauces from attack. He paid for it out of his own pocket. He said to date, ( a little before he was murdered..) that Steve Sauce owed him 4.4 MILLION dollars. In the mob, the street, that alone can get you killed. You saw what Sammy did to Paul over like 40 grand.

And he said he kissed Whooleys ass, paid the Bikers on time, but " doesnt pay his own guys".... he might have had a legitimate gripe with the guy over money.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

What about Salvatore Scoppa, he actually sounded like the unstable one? Also, the way he was murdered, it was like something out of Gommora!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlrfZTuBX9E
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I swear, I'm gonna finish and upload this shit at some point.... i cant figure out why they keep getting deleted... it's something I'm doing......

From Chapter 15.......

Extract from the article "Mafiosi Vincenzo Spagnolo shot dead in Laval", posted on the Journal de Montréal website on October 15, 2016

Mafioso Vincenzo Spagnolo was shot dead in the Vimont district of Laval late Saturday afternoon, our Bureau of Investigation has learned. He was taken to a hospital in the region where he was pronounced dead. Spagnolo was a very close friend of ex-Montreal Mafia godfather Vito Rizzuto. He was notably Rizzuto's confidant and right-hand man when the latter returned from his imprisonment in Colorado.

October 16, 2016

Andrea Scoppa (Scoppa) and an unknown man (HI)

HI:

Interesting as a weekend.

Scoppa:

Yeah, I know, but, fuck, I hope these guys don't think I was the one who could have done something so stupid. I would never do something like that. I had nothing against that man.

HI:

You told that guy, Steve…

Scoppa:

Yeah, I told him: Look, all I want is to get back what's mine. That's all. I'm not trying to have anyone's skin. I was clear with him on that. He knows what I want.

HI:

Wow!

Scoppa:

I don't know, man. I find it rather strange, this one. Whoever or those who did that are stupid. I don't understand her. Did they want to send them a message? Is it a response to something they've done recently or something that goes back further?

Or because there are some construction guys who wouldn't pay? I have not got the faintest idea. But I would never have done something so stupid, that's for sure.

HI:

No, I know that.

Scoppa:

It's true that I have some against his son and I will go and fix the portrait for him in due course. But I had nothing against his father. In fact, I liked him, his father. He never did anything to me. But that gang, they did so much shit and made so many enemies.

HI:

Well, it shows.

Scoppa:

A lot of people are mad at them. Did Steve call you?

HI:

No. I'll see him later. OKAY. Pay attention to yourself.

Scoppa:

OK. Ciao.

Summary of two phone conversations between Andrea and a travel agent:

Andrea says it's been a long time since they last spoke, he's very busy and it's hard to be a businessman. He would like to know the duration of a flight between Montreal and the Turks and Caicos Islands [British overseas territory in the Caribbean]. She answers half past five.

He inquires about prices at the Beaches Resort in the Turks and Caicos Islands for two weeks starting December 23, for three adults and one child. She warns him that it will cost him dearly and that she will give him the rates later in the day.

Andrea also inquires about a hotel in Saint-Martin. In addition, he asks her if the weather is nice in Argentina at the beginning of November. He specifies that he would like to leave alone for this country next month and would like to have suggestions of hotels and prices in Buenos Aires for ten days.

She recalls it and advises that at Beaches in the Turks and Caicos Islands, it would cost him $ 24,000 for four people. Andrea bursts out laughing. “Wow! he said. That's a lot of money." He'll call her back later.

October 17, 2016

Andrea Scoppa (Scoppa) and Nicola Valiante (NV)

9:28 a.m.

Scoppa:

Look, with what they did, they just put Steve Sollecito up against the wall. What is he going to do now, the Godfather? Well, when you have the money, you take action. You hire one of the "Black guys". They have to kill someone. They just got hit and they have to fight back. If they don't do anything…

NV:

They're going to look stupid.

Scoppa:

Yes. So they're going to want to hit someone. Like the Scoppa, I imagine. My brother better watch his back.

10:15 a.m. (On the radio there's talk of the murder of Vincenzo Spagnolo.)

Scoppa:

This whole thing puts me in a position where I should take action because these guys are probably going to try to try something against me. But I don't intend to do anything right now.

3:43 p.m.

Andrew says the cops are probably watching everyone in case he plans to retaliate. He mentions that he has to undergo his colonoscopy on Friday and he'll have to [be on] a liquid diet all day before.

7:08 p.m.

(Andrew sings New York, New York, by Frank Sinatra.)

NV:

What are you getting so happy about?

Scoppa: I'm happy. [Sighs.] Another ending day in my life.

October 18, 2016

Andrea Scoppa (Scoppa) and Nicola Valiante (NV)

6:16 a.m.

NV:

The cartels shot a judge in Mexico. Scoppa: Not a damn judge? NV: A very famous judge. They shot him right in front of his house.

Scoppa:

No one is safe these days. You know I'm going on a holiday trip because I didn't want to stay here for Christmas. I wasn’t tempted to buy damn gifts for everyone again like I do every year. Merry Christmas, bye! I'm bored, man. I am tired.

NV:

No gift exchange?

Scoppa:

Every year I send gifts to everyone. It costs me thousands of dollars. It's correct. But some of them don't even bother to send me a simple greeting card. Just a damn card that says, "Thank you, have a great holiday season with your family." Huh? A card or a small bottle of wine.

But no. What do you want me to tell you? Look, Nick, the last six years have been grueling. I am losing my mind. It seems that I spend my time putting obstacles in the wheels of lots of people. I cause problems with lots of people. I am the problem, apparently. I am going crazy. […] I hope it rains on Friday.

NV:

For your colonoscopy?

Scoppa:

Yeah, but after that I'm gonna go eat a good lunch, then go spend the rest of the day at the spa. I'm going to book a facial and a body scrub to get rid of all the dead skin. I'm going to get a makeover. […] Hey, how do you think […] is feeling this morning?

NV:

Probably like an earthworm that you just cut in half before you stuck it on a fishing hook ...

Scoppa:

It's a drain. This guy sucked my cock for two years, like a real little bitch. Then as soon as Vito [Rizzuto] came back here, he and everyone else stabbed me in the back. But when Vito was jailed there, it was "Andrew, you're the best here, and Andrew, you're the best there ..."

12:22 PM

Scoppa:

I think I'm way too nice to that. Now is the time to pay me what he owes me. It's ridiculous. Its debt dates back to 2011. Today it sits at $ 4.4 million
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Thanks for posting, good stuff!
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

antimafia wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:45 pm Major Montreal organized crime figure Raynald Desjardins to be released soon

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... eased-soon
Did Raynald’s brother Jacques Desjardins ever reappear?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
No.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

antimafia wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:44 pm ^^^^
No.
I didn’t think so, it’s going to be an interesting few months once Raynald is released in a couple of weeks, I will be surprised if he makes it to Xmas
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Dave65827 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:22 am I’m interesting in the Spryfield mob
Here's another article that covers a lot of the same stuff yours just did but touches on a few things your didn't. Mentions some of their HA connections. Not sure how accurate this is but to say the least it's interesting.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bnpa4d/ ... -park-boys
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

John W wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:04 pm
antimafia wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:44 pm ^^^^
No.
I didn’t think so, it’s going to be an interesting few months once Raynald is released in a couple of weeks, I will be surprised if he makes it to Xmas
On these types of forums, I was one of the first to parrot, as well as agree with, what organized-crime writer James Dubro wrote about Vito Rizzuto the day after Joe Di Maulo was killed on November 4, 2012: that Rizzuto was a "dead man walking." Lee Lamothe, co-author of The Sixth Family..., said the same when he was quoted in a newspaper article published November 11, 2010, which was the day after Nick Rizzuto Sr. was murdered.

Look how wrong I turned out to be.

Desjardins could be killed anytime, but the longer he lives, the more time he has to avenge murders of people who were very close to him -- not just his brother, but also Gaétan Gosselin, for example.

I'm not sure how Desjardins feels about the murder of his brother-in-law Di Maulo, who according to Andrew Scoppa was killed by Tonino Callocchia (himself murdered). Does Desjardins feel guilty because Di Maulo's neutrality in the mob war cost Di Maulo his life? Does Desjardins feel angry instead?

Because Callocchia was already killed, maybe Di Maulo's murder has already been avenged -- and regardless of whether it has or hasn't been avenged, who avenged it or will do so? Individuals who at one time were part of Di Maulo's cell? The NYC Bonannos, which theoretically were supposed to avenge the murders of Montagna, Di Maulo, and Moreno Gallo? The hesitation faced by the NYC Bonannos in avenging the murders of the two Canadians is a result of Di Maulo's brother-in-law planning and executing the murder of onetime acting boss Montagna and of Gallo turning over the Livre to the Calabrians in the Greater Toronto Area (which Rizzuto got back at a certain point after his release) -- according to Scoppa, Desjardins pressed Montagna a number of times to get control of the Livre.

The individuals who were charged alongside Desjardins for the murder of Sal Montagna were deferential to Desjardins, even the Italian-Canadian ones. Even during the court proceedings.

Who will try to guarantee Desjardins' safety upon his release from prison? Haitian-Canadian gangster Gregory Woolley did that for Rizzuto before Rizzuto returned to Montreal a few weeks after being released. Does Desjardins have anyone like that?

What support, if any, will Desjardins receive from individuals who at one time were part of Di Maulo's cell? If a likely made Bonanno such as Tony Mucci supports Desjardins, Mucci risks the wrath of the NYC Bonannos. Which could mean that Mucci will be targeted for murder yet again.

What support, if any, might Desjardins receive from the leadership of the Buffalo Family and from Buffalo Family made members and associates in Ontario? Or did Desjardins have a falling out with Domenico Violi too?
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Great post anti!

Can you explain the Livre part? Or is there an article on that? I’m not sure what that is.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

stubbs wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:34 am Great post anti!

Can you explain the Livre part? Or is there an article on that? I’m not sure what that is.
I think it's the Platinum book, that's probably what they call it up there....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@antimafia

I was looking for any support for Dejardins like that to possibly come from a reconciliation with the Hells. Is that out of the question you think?
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:10 am

Probably, Livre means Book
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:10 am

Platinum Sports Book=digital. (Vito Rizzuto sat atop the pyramid, but the Hells Angels, Figliomenis in the GTA, and numerous other actors were also very important players.)

Livre=hard copy. (The handwritten book of loansharking debts owed, which also contains personal and financial details about the individuals who owe money--any mafioso with the book could go after the bettors for regular payments, the vig, etc.)
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:12 am @antimafia

I was looking for any support for Dejardins like that to possibly come from a reconciliation with the Hells. Is that out of the question you think?
Drug trafficking is another one of those criminal activities Desjardins is really good at.

The Hells are now the top organized-crime group in Quebec, and I'm not sure whether partnering with Desjardins would bring more instability to the underworld in general and to the Italian underworld in the Montreal area in particular.

As much as it seems on the surface that Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito are "in charge," I don't think they're friendly with the NYC Bonannos. But although Montreal's ties to the NYC Bonannos become weaker every year, the ties don't just evaporate after being there for close to 100 years (I'm including the early associations that Calogero Renda Sr. and Vito Rizzuto Sr. had with Nick Alfano in New York).

Montreal's Italian underworld appears to be stable for now, but I think it can easily become quite unstable because of all that's happened in the past 20 years, not to mention the release of Desjardins. (Look at what happened after Vito Rizzuto was released.)

The Italian underworld in the Hamilton area is particularly unstable, and Stephen Metelsky will be the first person to tell you that; he's even tweeted about it, as well as tweeting about the stigma surrounding Domenico and Giuseppe Violi's association with CW-1, i.e., Vincenzo Morena.