John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Wiseguy »

Interesting part in the latest video where Tom presents the question, "Why you?" As in, why was Pennisi made? Pennisi, as usual, is pretty straightforward about there not exactly being a abundance of potential recruits to begin with, which he admitted says something about him.

Having listened to him, I think a huge key to him getting his button was his friendship with DiBenedetto. Without that relationship with the boss' son in law, I don't see a reason why it happens.

His story about why DiBenedetto didn't want to go see Amuso in prison shows Little Joe has some brains in his head.
All roads lead to New York.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

That explains why DiBenedetto has been more lowkey in recent years and why he isn't a captain despite what Capeci reported a few years ago. Interesting that he doesnt even visit Amuso, we know that DeSantis and Dellorusso originally tried to send messages to Amuso through Joe and he turned them down. Smart guy.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:44 am Interesting part in the latest video where Tom presents the question, "Why you?" As in, why was Pennisi made? Pennisi, as usual, is pretty straightforward about there not exactly being a abundance of potential recruits to begin with, which he admitted says something about him.

Having listened to him, I think a huge key to him getting his button was his friendship with DiBenedetto. Without that relationship with the boss' son in law, I don't see a reason why it happens.

His story about why DiBenedetto didn't want to go see Amuso in prison shows Little Joe has some brains in his head.
Yeah Pennisi urging DiBenedetto to get bumped to skipper so they could have their own crew in Queens was interesting. It’s clear he was never really comfortable with the Brooklyn guys in Staten Island.

Pennisi acknowledging the recruiting pool being significantly more shallow than it was 30 years ago, and even making fun of himself in the process, is a level of self awareness you typically don’t see from these ex wiseguys.

I also thought it was interesting that Pennisi felt like they “tested” him more after he got made, which he thought was strange. He thought the testing and measuring to see if he was worthy of a button should’ve happened before he got made. Instead a lot of it happened after.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

John Pennisi's other stuff is a lot better than this Vlad interview. Vlad is a terrible interviewer.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:52 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:44 am Interesting part in the latest video where Tom presents the question, "Why you?" As in, why was Pennisi made? Pennisi, as usual, is pretty straightforward about there not exactly being a abundance of potential recruits to begin with, which he admitted says something about him.

Yeah Pennisi urging DiBenedetto to get bumped to skipper so they could have their own crew in Queens was interesting. It’s clear he was never really comfortable with the Brooklyn guys in Staten Island.

Pennisi acknowledging the recruiting pool being significantly more shallow than it was 30 years ago, and even making fun of himself in the process, is a level of self awareness you typically don’t see from these ex wiseguys.

I also thought it was interesting that Pennisi felt like they “tested” him more after he got made, which he thought was strange. He thought the testing and measuring to see if he was worthy of a button should’ve happened before he got made. Instead a lot of it happened after.
I agree. That is why i enjoy Pennisi's stuff on youtube. He seems genuinely honest in his approach to interviews. It's a nice change from the usual ex LCN loud mouth braggers who need to be seen as tough guys!
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Vlad should be a drug dealer the way he cuts up these interviews my god
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Dave65827 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:10 pm Vlad should be a drug dealer the way he cuts up these interviews my god
There is countless reasons why no one likes DJVlad
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Nick Prango wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:56 pm That is why i enjoy Pennisi's stuff on youtube. He seems genuinely honest in his approach to interviews. It's a nice change from the usual ex LCN loud mouth braggers who need to be seen as tough guys!
This guy Pennisi did nothing in LCN history, Just a fucking enigma , he ran to Georgia told the lukes he quit , LMFAO
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

joeycigars wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:55 pm
Nick Prango wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:56 pm That is why i enjoy Pennisi's stuff on youtube. He seems genuinely honest in his approach to interviews. It's a nice change from the usual ex LCN loud mouth braggers who need to be seen as tough guys!
This guy Pennisi did nothing in LCN history, Just a fucking enigma , he ran to Georgia told the lukes he quit , LMFAO
More of a selective honesty.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Honesty being in quotes I should say...so let me revise...

More of a selective "honesty."
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

https://sitdownnews.com/catholic-church ... sa-nostra/

Latest sit down news.

Discusses the church, religion and the mafia.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

mafiastudent wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:20 pm Honesty being in quotes I should say...so let me revise...

I usually agree with you on 3/4 of the material you post on here if you see my feedback when you post. But im not exactley sure I understand your context here... yeah he didnt do much when he was in the life. He says that. Not, directly. But indirectly speaking about the course of event(s) throughout his CN career. But if im being selective on what informant I listen to... hes #1 imo despite his very mundane career being made.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:07 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:20 pm Honesty being in quotes I should say...so let me revise...

I usually agree with you on 3/4 of the material you post on here if you see my feedback when you post. But im not exactley sure I understand your context here... yeah he didnt do much when he was in the life. He says that. Not, directly. But indirectly speaking about the course of event(s) throughout his CN career. But if im being selective on what informant I listen to... hes #1 imo despite his very mundane career being made.
You'll see....
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

mafiastudent wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:18 pm
joeycigars wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:55 pm
More of a selective honesty.
What has Pennisi said where he has been dishonest or what has he said that you consider as ‘selective’ honesty?
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Yeah I couldnt care less whether Pennisi had rackets and was a big earner or not. He’s a straight shooter. He has been on like 40 hours worth of podcasts/YT shows and I’ve heard him brag exactly one time. And that was when LaVecchia asked him about the recruiting process. And Pennisi said he was in a social club one day with a bunch of made guys—DeSantis was there—and they were ruminating over the fact that the family had such a small recruiting base. Apparently one of the guys asked “who is the future of this family?”. And Pennisi said that Mikey DeSantis pointed at him and said “he’s part of the future”. Maybe I’m a sucker but I actually believe that story. Because if Pennisi was going to make that up, he’d have made a bunch of other shit up too. And I just don’t think that’s the case. Would I love for an ex wiseguy to come forward that was part of several rackets bringing in millions? Sure. But Pennisi is *super* explicit about when he’s talking about something he knows first hand, and when he’s talking about something he’s heard 2nd or 3rd hand. And nearly every other ex wiseguy doing press doesn’t make that distinction...OR they exaggerate like crazy.