Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

stubbs wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:19 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:07 am
I haven't listened to it but on the point about the Hamilton families being separate mafia families AND under Buffalo, I have heard from a couple of sources something similar. The Hamilton families, being Calabrian and coming from a 'ndrangheta area in Calabria, started differently on their own in Hamilton, but they had to associate themselves with whoever was more powerful around them to have business. This association - it was never clear whether it amounted to being subjected to them or not essentially because they had to run with different horses depending on the moment - Luppino/Violi for example, linked more formally to Buffalo but also the Siderno GTA families, being originally 'ndrangheta. So the general working hypothesis of law enforcement (whether true or not of course that is another story) is that their relationship to buffalo was not one of subjection but one of collaboration...Indeed, Musitano was in good relation with Buffalo, so was Luppino Violi, but between the two there wasn't much good cooperation...so that means they weren't really a whole big happy group
You could be right, and I was a little too hard on Metelsky in my post, as B alluded to. I need to breathe sometimes for hitting “submit”! It was a good presentation. It’s likely he knows a lot more than he mentioned and is simply unable to disclose a lot of the info publicly.

And that makes it so much more interesting (and complicated), if the Musitanos are both under the Buffalo LCN family as well as their own independent Ndrangheta family. I’m sure that gets messy in terms of loyalty, but maybe makes more sense as to why the Musitanos allied with the Sicilian Rizzuto faction, if they were already used to dealing with the Sicilian Todaros.

Can Nickle or someone in Buffalo head over to La Nova and ask Joe Jr to clear some of this shit up for us? Tell him we’re already 300+ pages deep in our Buffalo thread and we’re no closer to getting this resolved.
Lmao... This has been suggested many times, cold water always gets thrown on it. I've been wondering this for years now...
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:17 pmAny more relative stuff from the book you want to share?
Rooster,

I don't understand your question. Could you rephrase it?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

antimafia wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:31 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:17 pmAny more relative stuff from the book you want to share?
Rooster,

I don't understand your question. Could you rephrase it?
From the book you just got. When you read it or if you have can you share some more of it with us
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Isn’t the Bongiovanni case one of the most recent cases of LCN corruption of federal agents? I know there have been cases of ex cops after they had retired but Bongiovanni is the first case in a while of helping LCN guys while being active right?

Not to mention that judge looking like trying to kill himself suspicious asfk
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

antimafia wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:37 pm As to what Stephen Metelsky is permitted to say or write in public, he has to refrain from discussing certain topics and from going into details about any individuals who are informants and police agents. I received today my autographed copy of his new book, which I've quickly skimmed through. In the excerpt below, "He" refers to Todd Moore of the Peel Regional Police Service, who interviewed Vito Rizzuto when the latter landed at Lester B. Pearson International Airport, which is located west of Toronto, on October 5, 2012.
I know a cop that worked with Todd Moore, the cop’s name is John Paul Belisle, I even believe he was from Montreal. He had a story about being a door man in Montreal and having a contract put out on him. Fast forward, either Rizzuto or Mom Boucher got the contract taken off or him, interesting that his buddy is the one interviewing Rizzuto.

I also believe JP was undercover with the Peel Cops, as well. Pretty sure he teaches at Colleges as well, maybe even be the same one as Metelsky.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:37 pm
One of these days I'd like to go into more detail here about Platinum because it was such a complicated operation involving numerous actors that took me a very long time to understand -- it wasn't just a mafia-81s collaboration. Even though Platinum was set up as early as 2004, the name of the sports book, previously unknown to the public, wasn't revealed to us till 2012. I know for certain that Rizzuto and the Figliomenis in the GTA were in it from the start. Rizzuto was very tight with Hells Angel Billy Miller, who found himself in Montreal quite a bit.
Indeed, and if and when you do, I'm am all ears. The Platinum Book is another strange thing, reading the Scoppa book, you have to wonder, WHO has the book?

Its fascinating you say how complicated it was, and how it had many actors, the Montreal book seems similarly complicated, so the underlying structure could be related.

Was it the Figliomenis toes that Panepinto stepped on in Ontario?

The Hells are said to have shares in the Montreal book as well. In fact, ( I'm still typing up Chapter.... 14? I think, lol) in the Scoppa book, at one point Scoppa says Sollecito refused to give up control of the book, seems like it was to be a concession for peace between the factions. But Sollecito refused to relinquish it, as it was funding his war efforts. I couldnt help but wonder, if HES in charge, WHO would he be surrendering the book TO?

The Hells? I wasnt clear, but Scoppa did say" Sollecito pays the bicycle guys, but not his own men", also that he leaned heavily on Greg Whooley to get the street under control for the mafia.
i think the question isnt who but what
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s HA’s that have returned to Ontario, like Stadnik and Stockford, specifically related to Ontario. I don’t think they went to prison until 2003 or 2004.

As far as 1% goes you couldn’t do much with out those guys involved, as well as both being from Hamilton and being out of Montreal via the Nomad Charter with Mom Boucher.

I just read an article stating that both Stockford and Stadnik are off parole and back with the HA, Stockford seems to be Sherbrooke and Stadnik, Niagara Falls.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/ ... e-epingles

The Hells Nomads 95 were like Southern Italians on motorcycles, ruthless, they attacked the State.

I don’t think either will become HA Hamilton, for all the bad blood still related to the OLMC path over, as well as the HA involvement in the mob related killings recently. Not to mention the Hells Angels open association with the police in Ontario, guys like them, the type that will kill prison guards, ain’t down with the cops 👮.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I think they are over asserting the hells a bit here. There is always a bigger badder group that is supposed to have surpassed the mafia, blah blah blah. I think the bikers have more substance to their argument than the Russians or triads or whatever had, but I still don’t think they are quite on the same level as the Canadian mob. For sure closer than before, and the war certainly helped them out. I can’t speak for Quebec, but in Toronto the hells angels are scared of the ndrangheta. Most people are scared of the commissos and the commissos use that to their advantage to scare people and take what they want. A few years back I went to a viewing and at the same funeral parlour (in Woodbridge, I forgot if it was vescio or di Marco), there was a funeral for a relative of the commissos. Believe me there were the greasiest looking guys there, three of them looked almost identical. They were very dark, over 6 feet tall (strange for calabrese) with blue eyes and they had thinning euro style mullets. They gave me looks like they wanted to murder me, one of the few times I genuinely felt uncomfortable just by a look. They were well kept and clean shaven and everything, they just didn’t look right. All I know is that these clans definitely have some bad people that work for them, very scary guys.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

If it was Vescio they got arrested for mafia association from Italy with the figliomeni...
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:18 am
Nickle, do you have that copy of the list of names that's on record with law enforcement that contained Nicoletti, Bifuclo, the Violis? and I believe Musitano was also on it. Gasparani...it was a simple list name after name, about 15 guys
I believe you are referring to one of the documents tweeted by Derrick Snowdy that Antimafia alerted the posters of GBB to on 11/17/17. Here is a link the document I believe you are referencing that Antimafia provided: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOXpj0JWAAY492g.jpg:large
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

The Buffalo News Chronicles: The Buffalo, NY Italian Organization, 1963
Steve Chichon
April 1, 2021

"The Buffalo FBI Office declared the area’s mob organization dead in 2017, but as Dan Herbeck has reported extensively in The News, federal law enforcement agencies have redoubled their efforts against what they call the "Italian organized crime" family of Western New York.

Those who are accused of being tied to organized crime today continue a long tradition of denying both involvement in and the existence of any sort of underworld mob, mafia or Costa Nostra..."

Also some pretty cool pictures in this article.... Here is the link: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/bn-c ... 53a09.html
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:34 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:18 am
Nickle, do you have that copy of the list of names that's on record with law enforcement that contained Nicoletti, Bifuclo, the Violis? and I believe Musitano was also on it. Gasparani...it was a simple list name after name, about 15 guys
I believe you are referring to one of the documents tweeted by Derrick Snowdy that Antimafia alerted the posters of GBB to on 11/17/17. Here is a link the document I believe you are referencing that Antimafia provided: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOXpj0JWAAY492g.jpg:large
Rooster, no need for you to go to Twitter. I posted the report pages on this forum as well on November 17, 2017.

Go to the link below -- make sure you're not on a mobile device -- and then scroll down a bit.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3002&start=165
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

And there is the RCMP chart showing exactly what I wrote.

Thanks Nickle/Anti
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Interesting Pat's guy Clary is on that list but not Pat
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:57 am And there is the RCMP chart showing exactly what I wrote.

Thanks Nickle/Anti
"Interconnections"
All roads lead to New York.