Northwest Indiana / Chicago Heights Mafia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Baseball22
Prospect

Northwest Indiana / Chicago Heights Mafia

Post by Baseball22 »

Does anyone happen to know the extent of the mafia control over Northwest Indiana and the Chicago Heights area? Many were arrested in the early 90’s but I find it hard to believe that it is completely gone.
southside tony
Prospect

Re: Northwest Indiana / Chicago Heights Mafia

Post by southside tony »

Pretty much I think it's gone. There may an independent operator or two left but once they put Albert Tocco away in 1990. The Heights crew was pretty much gone and what was left got absorbed my the 26th st crew of the Chicago Outfit. There are still operations running out of Cal City and Thornton Township and they still have 2 pols in their pocket, Bob Rita being one of them and the other one's name escapes me.The Heights crew itself may very well be dead but there are still areas down that way that the Outfit is not about to give up. As far as NW Indiana, I have no clue what is happening out there or if there is even anything going on out that way
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

I believe Bernard Morgano (Tommy's boy) might've been the last high ranking Outfit guy in Indiana...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Baseball22 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:22 pm Does anyone happen to know the extent of the mafia control over Northwest Indiana and the Chicago Heights area? Many were arrested in the early 90’s but I find it hard to believe that it is completely gone.
There's not even a crew in Chicago Heights, much less NW Indiana.
All roads lead to New York.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:47 am
Baseball22 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:22 pm Does anyone happen to know the extent of the mafia control over Northwest Indiana and the Chicago Heights area? Many were arrested in the early 90’s but I find it hard to believe that it is completely gone.
There's not even a crew in Chicago Heights, much less NW Indiana.
Interesting to note is that later the old Cicero-Chinatown crews aka the Ferriola-LaPietra- Infelise-Monteleone-Spano- Sarno group took over the Chi Heights area, and possibly nw Indiana...their former boss Fifi Buccieri always wanted to achieve that lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

The FBI eventually reached the conclusion that there was no longer a viable crew after Dominick Palermo was imprisoned. Here's a snippet from a memo released in 1993:

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

There are some major bookies down there like Nuzzo who are probably still active...but they are not families or crews - I would assume they still kick up to the Outfit mainly to get their layoff action, not necessarily out of fear anymore. I also know Anthony Calabrese lived in the Region for a time and was well-known in some of those areas. The Outfit definitely has some gambling in Indiana just not on a large-scale.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

That's the way I see it, too. They don't have anyone down there cracking heads if someone isn't kicking up but I'm sure those that already were received instructions on who to give cuts too after those Heights crews went down.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

The FBI was struggling to even find Outfit-connected guys down there in the mid-90s. Two names they mentioned were Jack LePore and Antonio Stabile, whom I'm not familiar with, but they didn't seem to think they were major players, let alone ones able to run a territory for the Outfit.

Edit: Stabile was involved in moving some coke in the Heights during the mid-80s. He died in 2013. Can't find much on LePore.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Barbaro or Giorango?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:13 pm Barbaro or Giorango?
Dominic Barbaro? He died last year.
Baseball22
Prospect

Post by Baseball22 »

Seems like something fishy has been going on. Word on the street is restaurant owners in the northwest Indiana area have been targeted with car explosions to send a message. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Baseball22 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:31 pm Seems like something fishy has been going on. Word on the street is restaurant owners in the northwest Indiana area have been targeted with car explosions to send a message. Can anyone confirm this?

If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to come back and admit it, but I can almost assuredly say that those aren't Outfit sanctioned bombings.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Baseball22 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:31 pm Seems like something fishy has been going on. Word on the street is restaurant owners in the northwest Indiana area have been targeted with car explosions to send a message. Can anyone confirm this?

Which restaurants were firebombed? Some of the strip clubs in NW Indiana are Outfit connected like Polekatz and Fantasy. The Owner of Fantasy was found dead in his garage over a year ago. There was talk that it was a hit but from what I’m hearing LE said it was a drug overdose. Supposedly there some people that were invested. He had a lot of enemies. It has been very quiet about his death.!!it was never in the news. He was also part owner of Oceans and Club O. He was under indictment at the time for extortion I believe.
Baseball22
Prospect

Post by Baseball22 »

Patrickgold wrote:

Which restaurants were firebombed? Some of the strip clubs in NW Indiana are Outfit connected like Polekatz and Fantasy. The Owner of Fantasy was found dead in his garage over a year ago. There was talk that it was a hit but from what I’m hearing LE said it was a drug overdose. Supposedly there some people that were invested. He had a lot of enemies. It has been very quiet about his death.!!it was never in the news. He was also part owner of Oceans and Club O. He was under indictment at the time for extortion I believe.
I’ve heard about that as well. It seems there continues to be a few Greeks involved as well. I remember in the 1993 trials forced many to testify due to illegal gambling taking place in their restaurants.