Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Niagarafalls »

I believe John Sacco was made, but he never testified. Just an informer.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:18 pm Looks a bit like Frank Lenti, another woodbridge biker who supposedly was offered to join the mob and has close ties to mobsters.
Yes, and as you already know, Vito Rizzuto would drop in to the strip joint where Lenti used to work.
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:19 pm
SantoClaus wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:51 am Any truth that the shooting of Saverio Serrano and the murder of Cosimo Ernesto Commisso were related, specifically positioning related to the legal marijuana market? Something related to the Loners MC and their friendship with the HA Nomads that ended up getting shot in 2016?

If Serrano was killed, instead of the woman with him, it would of enable a different narrative to be presented in higher level meetings, preventing more violence. Instead, people needed to cover from the mistakes, and thus, the fighting continued.

I’m pretty Comsimo Ernesto Commisso was close with the 1% club in Woodbridge, the Loners? Also, a member of the Loners MC with ties to the Commisso and Joe Violi was killed in 2019, Antonio Fiorda?

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... -etobicoke
Not sure about Serrano but yes the loners are close to commisso but also Sicilians, also I know the vagabonds mc also had ties to people in Woodbridge.
Antonio Fiorda was not an enforcer for Domenico Violi's brother, Joe. Fiorda was an enforcer for someone with a similar-sounding name. This is why reporter Brad Hunter made the mistake. (No, I'm not telling who Joe Violi was mistaken for.)

Incidentally, Mark Peretz -- the brains behind Platinum Sports Book, which is how Rizzuto controlled Internet gambling in Canada -- posted online condolences on the memory wall that is part of Fiorda's obituary. In an in-person talk Peter Edwards gave in December 2019, he said that a senior 'ndrangheta member who was at the visitation asked Bernardo Funeral Homes to provide the video footage of all the mourners who came to pay their respects. One of these days I'd like to go into more detail here about Platinum because it was such a complicated operation involving numerous actors that took me a very long time to understand -- it wasn't just a mafia-81s collaboration. Even though Platinum was set up as early as 2004, the name of the sports book, previously unknown to the public, wasn't revealed to us till 2012. I know for certain that Rizzuto and the Figliomenis in the GTA were in it from the start. Rizzuto was very tight with Hells Angel Billy Miller, who found himself in Montreal quite a bit.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

antimafia wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:12 pm Antonio Fiorda was not an enforcer for Domenico Violi's brother, Joe. Fiorda was an enforcer for someone with a similar-sounding name. This is why reporter Brad Hunter made the mistake. (No, I'm not telling who Joe Violi was mistaken for.)

I'm sorry but why the secrecy?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

One of these days I'd like to go into more detail here about Platinum because it was such a complicated operation involving numerous actors that took me a very long time to understand -- it wasn't just a mafia-81s collaboration. Even though Platinum was set up as early as 2004, the name of the sports book, previously unknown to the public, wasn't revealed to us till 2012. I know for certain that Rizzuto and the Figliomenis in the GTA were in it from the start. Rizzuto was very tight with Hells Angel Billy Miller, who found himself in Montreal quite a bit.
Indeed, and if and when you do, I'm am all ears. The Platinum Book is another strange thing, reading the Scoppa book, you have to wonder, WHO has the book?

Its fascinating you say how complicated it was, and how it had many actors, the Montreal book seems similarly complicated, so the underlying structure could be related.

Was it the Figliomenis toes that Panepinto stepped on in Ontario?

The Hells are said to have shares in the Montreal book as well. In fact, ( I'm still typing up Chapter.... 14? I think, lol) in the Scoppa book, at one point Scoppa says Sollecito refused to give up control of the book, seems like it was to be a concession for peace between the factions. But Sollecito refused to relinquish it, as it was funding his war efforts. I couldnt help but wonder, if HES in charge, WHO would he be surrendering the book TO?

The Hells? I wasnt clear, but Scoppa did say" Sollecito pays the bicycle guys, but not his own men", also that he leaned heavily on Greg Whooley to get the street under control for the mafia.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:28 pm
antimafia wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:12 pm Antonio Fiorda was not an enforcer for Domenico Violi's brother, Joe. Fiorda was an enforcer for someone with a similar-sounding name. This is why reporter Brad Hunter made the mistake. (No, I'm not telling who Joe Violi was mistaken for.)

Discretion is the better part of valour?
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

antimafia wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:12 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:18 pm Looks a bit like Frank Lenti, another woodbridge biker who supposedly was offered to join the mob and has close ties to mobsters.
Yes, and as you already know, Vito Rizzuto would drop in to the strip joint where Lenti used to work.
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:19 pm
SantoClaus wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:51 am Any truth that the shooting of Saverio Serrano and the murder of Cosimo Ernesto Commisso were related, specifically positioning related to the legal marijuana market? Something related to the Loners MC and their friendship with the HA Nomads that ended up getting shot in 2016?

If Serrano was killed, instead of the woman with him, it would of enable a different narrative to be presented in higher level meetings, preventing more violence. Instead, people needed to cover from the mistakes, and thus, the fighting continued.

I’m pretty Comsimo Ernesto Commisso was close with the 1% club in Woodbridge, the Loners? Also, a member of the Loners MC with ties to the Commisso and Joe Violi was killed in 2019, Antonio Fiorda?

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... -etobicoke
Not sure about Serrano but yes the loners are close to commisso but also Sicilians, also I know the vagabonds mc also had ties to people in Woodbridge.
Antonio Fiorda was not an enforcer for Domenico Violi's brother, Joe. Fiorda was an enforcer for someone with a similar-sounding name. This is why reporter Brad Hunter made the mistake. (No, I'm not telling who Joe Violi was mistaken for.)
Thanks, it’s been reported I believe in multiple papers, hopefully they can address that and prevent further confusion.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

antimafia wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:50 am

Not even sure wtf that suppose to mean
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:18 pm
antimafia wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:50 am

Not even sure wtf that suppose to mean
He went Shakespeare on you.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Latest article on judge hit by a train: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/desp ... d5cd8.html
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Judges and agents being bribed, interesting to see it in this day and age. Interesting how the judge is already out of the hospital, maybe he had a change of heart at the last second and was grazed by the train, otherwise he would have been toast.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Does anyone here have access/transcripts to the indictment of Domenico Violi? or anything related to that case beyond what I could find on canlii? I am wondering how to actually see these documents first hand
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

calabrianwatch wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:31 am Does anyone here have access/transcripts to the indictment of Domenico Violi? or anything related to that case beyond what I could find on canlii? I am wondering how to actually see these documents first hand
Journalists Molly Hayes, her colleague Greg McArthur, and Adrian Humphreys are the only journalists who were able to get a transcript of Domenico Violi's 2018 trial.

They had to make an in-person request at the Hamilton courthouse, and I suspect that they were able to obtain a transcript only because they are accredited members of the media. I'm still not clear whether the transcript is a part of the public record. For example, Vincenzo Morena is known to Canadians only as CW-1 because of a publication ban (in Canada, such a ban also refers to an individual's name not being published). His name very likely does not appear anywhere in the trial transcript.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

antimafia wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:57 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:31 am Does anyone here have access/transcripts to the indictment of Domenico Violi? or anything related to that case beyond what I could find on canlii? I am wondering how to actually see these documents first hand
Journalists Molly Hayes, her colleague Greg McArthur, and Adrian Humphreys are the only journalists who were able to get a transcript of Domenico Violi's 2018 trial.

They had to make an in-person request at the Hamilton courthouse, and I suspect that they were able to obtain a transcript only because they are accredited members of the media. I'm still not clear whether the transcript is a part of the public record. For example, Vincenzo Morena is known to Canadians only as CW-1 because of a publication ban (in Canada, such a ban also refers to an individual's name not being published). His name very likely does not appear anywhere in the trial transcript.
Oh thanks! that is interesting...
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:04 am Judges and agents being bribed, interesting to see it in this day and age. Interesting how the judge is already out of the hospital, maybe he had a change of heart at the last second and was grazed by the train, otherwise he would have been toast.
He had a partial leg amputation
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Here’s my beef with that presentation from the Hamilton investigator Metelsky:

His information seems to be limited to Hamilton and also limited to the scope of the Violi investigation. All of his info on New York and Montreal seems to be very superficial, like B said, it’s like he read it on Wikipedia lol.

He does the typical Canadian bullshit of calling the Rizzutos “The Sixth Family”, which has never been proven that they’re even an independent family. They may be independent today, but he had no unique insight to offer up anything different on the Rizzutos other than what we already know. I expect that from authors trying to sell a book, but from law enforcement it’s disappointing.

He also made the error of claiming the Rizzutos are finished in Montreal, when their faction is obviously still in power to this day, albiet much weaker than they were 10-15 years ago.

He also acts like the Luppinos/Violis, Musitanos, and Papalias are separate mafia families, but then says they’re all under Buffalo. Which is it? Are they made members of the Buffalo family, or are they independently recognized families? This is like Mafia 101 stuff, so I’m dissapointed he offered no new insight on how things in Hamilton are structured on the street.

He mentions CeCe Luppino was killed by someone from Quebec, but he didn’t bother to connect any of the dots. Why was he killed? Do the police think the Rizzutos were behind it? Were the Rizzutos helping their allies, the Musitanos, get revenge?

He mentions the Musitanos being killed, again why were they killed? Did the Violis want them out of the way? Do the Violis have backing of one or more Calabrian groups in Toronto? Did they have a falling out with the Rizzutos, leaving them exposed on the street?

Why were the Violis made into the Buffalo family and why now? How did Dom Violi rise to underboss so fast? Was it due to his respect and influence? Is he a master at mafia diplomacy like Vito Rizzuto? Is he just a huge earner?

He also said the Violis had big plans for Montreal before they got locked up. What does that mean? Another war for cotnrol over Montreal? Are they teaming up with the Bonanno family to eventually retake Montreal back for the Bonanno family, with Buffalo’s blessing? Are those old beefs dead and they’re now working together with the remaining guys left in Montreal, and they have big plans to work together?

There was a few tidbits of good info, but so many questions left unanswered. So, I’m very hesitant to take what he said about Buffalo as gospel, given his lack of insight in so many other areas.