Gene Borello Arrested - No Bail

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Gene Borello Arrested - No Bail

Post by bluehouse »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:01 am
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:44 am The last podcast I watched with John Alite was very interesting about Joey Scopo and the Colombo war...but he says Barney sat down with John Jr, Scars and him? Uhm something abt that scenario doesnt seem right to me...
He wasn’t there, he’s lying. But I think there’s sources that John Jr. Did deal with Barney & the west side
Of course alite was there how else would he have given Barney and john jr their orders
JesusMalverde
On Record

Post by JesusMalverde »

Don’t believe alite was there at the sitdown but john jr dealt with barney the whole time. Michael dileonardo even said so in one of his testimonies. Meetings where mike himself couldn’t even be present
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Barney and Gotti Jr. also met to discuss Preston Geritano and Bobby Boriello a couple times, IIRC - anyone know the details of this one too?
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

From wiki:

"The Genovese family was so unimpressed with Gotti (jr) that it refused to deal with him at all." Raab, p. 458

am sure somebody here can see what the context of this was about...
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I don't think they're mutually exclusive. The Genovese family, including Bellomo, initially does meet with Junior. But at some point they decide he's no longer worth dealing with and refuse to meet with him anymore.
All roads lead to New York.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

They stopped dealing with him entirely after the Gambinos set up the panel that had Junior., Peter, Nicky Corozzo and Grammauta in it. So that has to be mid to late 1990s. This was a couple of years after the Boriello-Garitano meetings because the feds were already deep in their wiretapping of Ida. He was recorded referring to Junior as a 'jerkoff' at some point. It seems they didn't like Junior right off the bat, and at some point completely ignored him and dealt with Corozzo, Grammauta and other veterans.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Cheech wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:59 pm
chubby wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:43 pm
Cheech wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:19 am I dont listen to Alite. I find myself more drawn to Pennissi even though he had 0 rackets going on which boggles my mind. he just comes off more secure and honest.
Same here. Would much rather listen to him than alive. But for the life of me I still can’t even grasp why he was ever even made, pennisi that is... like you said he didn’t even earn when he had a button, let alone as an associate. Fuck, he didn’t even seem like he ever was an associate he just got put on record after that incident so someone could sit for him at the sit down... crazy to me that he had a button and literally wasn’t trying to get involved in anything... guy provsbly wouldn’t even loan a family member money at 1 point.
ya man I just dont get it. he had like 2 people on a half sheet. my neighbors a cop and got more people on a sheet :lol: :lol: :lol:
That’s what I’m saying bro. Your average teenager was doing more ..
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Since gene has been locked up Alites channel has gotten way more views and subscribers.I guarantee you when gene gets out hes going to want to go back in but alite wont let him and they will start trashing each other
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Gene’s been sentenced to four months
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

John W wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:49 pm Gene’s been sentenced to four months
Wow that’s it? If Gene goes crazy and does something to that girl or her husband, this judge should get his nuts clipped.

I saw Hootie say on his IG the other day that Gene would be home soon but I thought he was just trying to be positive. I’m guessing he has to stay away from Alite and the show though.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Wonder who's on that sealed list?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

^^could they have at least spelled internet correctly
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

What a fuckin loser
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

It specifically says the defendant shall refrain from consuming any kind of prescription medication.

Doesn’t mention drugs or alcohol, although I’m sure that’s implied. Wonder if Gene told them he was popping pills and that’s what led to his psychosis.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Gene is a fucking loose cannon but I legit don’t understand how Rubeo can get busted for running his mouth on their podcast, and like 6-7 months go by before the Feds decide they have a problem with Gene doing the podcast. If it’s that big of a deal, how does he not get violated right away?

And just for kicks I re-listened to that Rubeo interview, and for like 97% of the interview he is absolutely emphatic about how the life is no good and how he’ll never commit crime again. I mean he almost sounded like he was gonna cry. But for just a *little* bit, he bragged about making the prosecution’s job harder than it should’ve been. He talked about fucking up their case. Erasing cell phones and shit. And they tried to drill him for it.