Louis Mannochio (informant?)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Louis Mannochio (informant?)

Post by Browniety86 »

How was Frank Sr viewed by the other families being of half Irish decent. I believe I read the Gambinos sent capo Big Chris Richichi to meet with him in 91, so they must have recognized him as boss.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I think he hid it from guys. Think flemmi was the one who told guys after the fact when he got made. Ray jr made him in July 1987 like 4 months after he got home from 15yrs in prison. Flemmi grew up with him since they were kids. Some places saying gotti picked him out but jimmy ida was picked up on a wire saying the genovese picked out the whole administration in 1991
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Wasn't Jackie Salemme inducted into the Mafia despite opposition from Gerry Angiulo and Zannino? I wonder why they were opposed to the idea of him being inducted.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Extortion wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:26 pm I was readinf Rifleman by Howie Carr, the book on Steve Flemmi which is essentially a bunch of FBI files on Flemmi...At one point in this book it alleges that there is a high ranking RI mobster who is an informant and was for many years but stopped cooperating at some point...From what I remember; there was strong reason to believe this was Louis Manocchio and Id have to go through the book again and look for the specific mention but I did a lot of research...times, dates and names and it all pointed to him...

Then there was that interview with Frank Salemme Sr though vague he mentioned “there are guys cooperating that would make your head spin in new england” to that decree or something. Which was right around the time louis was boss I believe.

Has anyone heard anything relevant to this? I will go through Rifleman again and try to find the passages which backup my claims.
If Manocchio had been an informant would the feds have kept it a secret for all these years? Especially when he was indicted as a fugitive in a case involving Carlo Gambino who was one of the major targets of the feds in the robbery of an armored car in the 1970's. Which is in the article below

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/9441901 ... -sentinel/

What could he have provided information about to avoid prosecution until he became the boss after Salemme apart from being indicted for receiving stolen washing machines and being cleared of the Marfeo hit?

https://apnews.com/article/58aaa142b0d6 ... 3a6b120495
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

davidf1989 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:35 pm Wasn't Jackie Salemme inducted into the Mafia despite opposition from Gerry Angiulo and Zannino? I wonder why they were opposed to the idea of him being inducted.
I never heard that Gerry and Larry were opposed to Jackie getting made. I did not think they were even around when Jackie got made. Everything I've ever heard about Jackie is he never would have had any recognition if it wasn't for his brother frank. But who knows
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:36 am
davidf1989 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:35 pm Wasn't Jackie Salemme inducted into the Mafia despite opposition from Gerry Angiulo and Zannino? I wonder why they were opposed to the idea of him being inducted.
I never heard that Gerry and Larry were opposed to Jackie getting made. I did not think they were even around when Jackie got made. Everything I've ever heard about Jackie is he never would have had any recognition if it wasn't for his brother frank. But who knows
Thanks for your message Jake and according to Flemmi's informant file from the Howie Carr's site they were reluctant to make Jackie. Here is the link below if you are interested.

https://howiecarrshow.com/potential-que ... der-trial/
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Thats interesting, The document says 9/11/80 but Frank wasn't out of prison til 89' Im pretty sure. So how was he getting made by Ray Sr? I always thought Frank is who made his brother, not Ray Sr. But maybe Ray did make Jackie. But I am confused about the date because Frank was still in Walpole during that time. The doc says Vinny F was made after he got out of Deer Island, wouldn't they have waited for Frank to get out before making him? Am I missing something?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:35 am Thats interesting, The document says 9/11/80 but Frank wasn't out of prison til 89' Im pretty sure. So how was he getting made by Ray Sr? I always thought Frank is who made his brother, not Ray Sr. But maybe Ray did make Jackie. But I am confused about the date because Frank was still in Walpole during that time. The doc says Vinny F was made after he got out of Deer Island, wouldn't they have waited for Frank to get out before making him? Am I missing something?

thanks for your message but I don't think that Flemmi is the most reliable of sources.

Maybe Frank got made during a prison furlough.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:35 am Thats interesting, The document says 9/11/80 but Frank wasn't out of prison til 89' Im pretty sure. So how was he getting made by Ray Sr? I always thought Frank is who made his brother, not Ray Sr. But maybe Ray did make Jackie. But I am confused about the date because Frank was still in Walpole during that time. The doc says Vinny F was made after he got out of Deer Island, wouldn't they have waited for Frank to get out before making him? Am I missing something?

Hi Jake and thanks for your response.

According to Scott Burnstein in the article which I have posted the link below about the Limoli murder. Both Frank Salemme and Peter Limone had received prison furloughs by 1985. He also said in the article that Vinny F's mentor in the mob was Danny Angiulo.

https://gangsterreport.com/boston-mafia ... der-in-85/
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Browniety86 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:23 am How was Frank Sr viewed by the other families being of half Irish decent. I believe I read the Gambinos sent capo Big Chris Richichi to meet with him in 91, so they must have recognized him as boss.
Well his father was Italian so it doesn’t matter much since you have the surname. That’s almost always what matters in the end.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Frank testified in front of congress he was made in summer 1987 by ray jr 3 months after his release from jail and reported direct to ray jr piss off the boston guys russo and ferrerra.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Ray jr should have made a boston guy his underboss the min he took over in 84 he would have had a better run
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:22 am Frank testified in front of congress he was made in summer 1987 by ray jr 3 months after his release from jail and reported direct to ray jr piss off the boston guys russo and ferrerra.
Thanks Pmac and was Salemme the connection between Patriarca Jr and the Winter Hill Gang?
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

A few weeks ago I stumbled into the Facebook New England Organized Crime group...anyone can go there right now and see certain made-guy's kids calling Mannochio a rat, an informer, and a known cross-dresser who got laughed at by his made guys for wearing women's underwear. Who knows. But the guys posting, and there are apparently a few of them, hate his fucking guts. And they aren't giving a fuck whatsoever who reads what they post and seem to know some of what they're talking about at least, who knows if there's any truth to what they are posting there lately. Seems like the biggest beef is Baby Shacks admitting that he was the boss of a crime family. Fair enough if it had ramifications for their fathers.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

gotta ask who's kid? i dont want to join another group. from reading rays fbi files there was a made guy in his office every day in the 60tys. who it is im sure his son ray jr could figure out.