Guys that never got made that should have been made ?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Manhattan_
Straightened out

Guys that never got made that should have been made ?

Post by Manhattan_ »

Let’s see if we can put together a decent list ?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: Guys that never got made that should have been made ?

Post by Shellackhead »

Gene Borello
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

John Nardi
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Alite lol
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Joe the German Watts and John Nardi.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Freddy Geas guy was more stand up and willing to do work more than half the Italians in his crew. Guys have flipped over less for double homicide too
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Unclear what the prompt is — guys who coulda shoulda been made, or guys who shoulda but couldn’t have been made?

In the first category, Buddy Ciotti (though maybe he was proposed and just didn’t want it).

In the second, Jake Guzik, Gus Alex, Sam Alex, Murray Humphreys, Joe Arnold, Harry Aleman, Ralph Pierce, Lenny Patrick, Davey Yaras, Lenny Yaras, the Bravos bros, Frankie Schweihs, Ronnie Jarrett...

It’s hard with Chicago as the criteria for making a guy seem to have been different than New York, and far fewer guys relative to the size and reach of the “syndicate” were inducted LCN members. So it’s often unclear who was made in many cases and we have examples of guys who one would be sure were made (who would have been made guys and even capos in NYC) and then CIs claimed that they weren’t made. The above list are guys that we know weren’t made as they were not Italian, or just “menzas” (half Italian) on the wrong said of the family (I.e., not their patriline).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:17 pm John Nardi
Why didnt Scalish or Jack Licavoli make Nardi? Wasnt he related to Milano, the former consigliere?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Browniety86 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:52 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:17 pm John Nardi
Why didnt Scalish or Jack Licavoli make Nardi? Wasnt he related to Milano, the former consigliere?
Scalish hardly made anyone and I think by the time Licavoli came to power Nardi was extremely resentful and had thrown in with Greene.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Always surprised Buddy Sciandra was never made. Carlo Gambino's closest aide, and his son would become a Gambino capodecina taking over the Tommy Gambino crew. For whatever reason Sciandra didn't qualify or didn't want it. Family heritage from Montedoro, where the Bufalino Sciandras were from so I've wondered about a relation.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

They Recently sold the Top Tomatoes on Staten island all but one I believe. He has his own store out in Manalapan New Jersey now.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

While I think it's kind of silly for a guy like me to say that someone should or shouldn't have been made, I'm surprised that Pete Savino didn't get his button. You have a guy who is committed to a criminal life, capable of murder, savvy businessman/big earner who by all accounts had a close personal relationship with the Chin himself. To the point that the normally shrewd and cold-hearted boss refused to believe that Savino was cooperating even when given a tip from a law enforcement source. Maybe there's something I don't know about that would disqualify him or maybe he turned it down because all the info I've read about him would suggest that he would be a prime candidate for membership in the Genovese family.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:24 pm While I think it's kind of silly for a guy like me to say that someone should or shouldn't have been made, I'm surprised that Pete Savino didn't get his button. You have a guy who is committed to a criminal life, capable of murder, savvy businessman/big earner who by all accounts had a close personal relationship with the Chin himself. To the point that the normally shrewd and cold-hearted boss refused to believe that Savino was cooperating even when given a tip from a law enforcement source. Maybe there's something I don't know about that would disqualify him or maybe he turned it down because all the info I've read about him would suggest that he would be a prime candidate for membership in the Genovese family.
I assume that if he hadn't cooperated he would have been made at some point.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Garbageman
Straightened out

Post by Garbageman »

davidf1989 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:43 pm Joe the German Watts and John Nardi.
I think Joe preferred not having come from the genetic stock to be made. He was too close to wealthy legit people and the dirt would've destroyed that. I don't think guys like him should be protected from being associated and let em make money. The problem then becomes, where'd the money go?
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

Hootie LMAO
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest