New Orleans.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: New Orleans.

Post by Wiseguy »

Nick Prango wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:35 am He said there are still things going on in New Orleans
Here we go again.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Nick Prango wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:35 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:17 am
Nick Prango wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:09 am In this video John Pennisi says that there is still Italian organized crime activity in New Orleans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNr20Zo ... astNetwork

He doesn't actually say that. Unless I missed it all he said was that Jimmy Burke's daughter told him that her father had a lot of friends in New Orleans. Burke has been dead for 25 years.

Pogo
He said "there are still things going on down there in New Orleans"
Just like in CA, I’m sure some NY crews have gambling customers / machines down there. I would be shocked if it’s anything more then that but what do I know
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

TommyNoto wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Nick Prango wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:35 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:17 am
Nick Prango wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:09 am In this video John Pennisi says that there is still Italian organized crime activity in New Orleans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNr20Zo ... astNetwork

He doesn't actually say that. Unless I missed it all he said was that Jimmy Burke's daughter told him that her father had a lot of friends in New Orleans. Burke has been dead for 25 years.

Pogo
He said "there are still things going on down there in New Orleans"
Just like in CA, I’m sure some NY crews have gambling customers / machines down there. I would be shocked if it’s anything more then that but what do I know
I haven't seen the linked interview yet, but if Pennisi is just saying "there's things going on in New Orleans" that doesn't tell us anything.

There's a big difference if there's a few unaffiliated bookmakers, like in Pittsburgh, or if there's actual made members.

Specifics would be helpful. Who is in New Orleans? Made members? Just associates? Affiliated guys from New York who've relocated to New Orleans? Are there made members in the Gambinos, for example, operating in New Orleans?

Given the fact there hasn't been any busts in New Orleans since the 90s is very telling. Not even any small time bookmaking busts of loosely affiliated guys.
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

Was the 2011 metro crime commission stuff floating around years back someone’s pipe dream? I could never find it, but it’s been stated that there are like 14 made members and 30 associates and they are active. I believe the guy that people pushed as the boss years back (younger guy) actually passed away of a heart attack a couple years ago, Michael Tufaro, who was one of two brothers busted back in the 90s
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

New Orleans Has a New Boss

Michael Tufaro seems to have taken control of the New Orleans Mafia along with his brother Joseph "Joey" Tufaro. The Tufaro brothers have a five decade family history in the New Orleans Mob. They also have family ties to the New York Colombo Family that go back to the 80's. Here are a few links and some other information that supports this line of thinking.
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009 ... s_mis.html
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 292,360689

Michael Tufaro reputed "Capo/Street Boss" of the New Orleans Mafia was arrested on 06-19-2010 for aggravated battery.
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

http://neworleansmafia.blogspot.com/201 ... s.html?m=1

Apparently tufaros relatives of Colombo members. I mean there’s LCN remnants all over the place and I wouldn’t doubt there are still guys flying the flag and maybe networking with other families. We won’t ever know unless a case is made and even then we will never know the reality
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

So to Pogo or Wiseguy or one of my buddies who was around back then, was this just bullshit promoted on the old boards? Or was their truly NO LCN mentioned in the MCC annual report?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It is simply made up. The supposed "excerpt" even reads like it is fake.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

Another case of a real guy dragged into someone’s fantasy. Tufaro most probably was an inducted LCN member as well as his brother , and they were pretty young when they were inducted. Doesn’t matter anyway because both Michael tufaros and both Joey TufaroS are all dead. Junior died at 49 in 2016. Was married to gaglianos.

I would love to argue for New Orleans with the same passion I would for Kansas City or Detroit but they are deader then San Jose or possibly the most genius arch criminal secret society that belongs to Cosa Nostra nation wide. Tufaro jr faked his death
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Timmoffat wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:24 pm New Orleans Has a New Boss

Michael Tufaro seems to have taken control of the New Orleans Mafia along with his brother Joseph "Joey" Tufaro. The Tufaro brothers have a five decade family history in the New Orleans Mob. They also have family ties to the New York Colombo Family that go back to the 80's. Here are a few links and some other information that supports this line of thinking.
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009 ... s_mis.html
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 292,360689

Michael Tufaro reputed "Capo/Street Boss" of the New Orleans Mafia was arrested on 06-19-2010 for aggravated battery.
That first link is about a lawsuit brought by homeowners against Joseph Tufaro who was the real estate developer of the neighborhood. Not exactly OC, nor a federal or even a state case.

The second link is about someone who was merely an associate of the Colombos in the 80s. So, it would be a Grand Canyon sized leap to think an associate of the Colombos would have enough juice to control all of New Orleans on behalf of the entire Colombo family.

Not to mention, the Colombos can barely control their own fuckin family. They can barely handle what they got now, I doubt they’re looking past Staten Island.

Either way, New Orleans has historically been independent of the Commission due to their status of being the first mafia family in the US.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Timmoffat wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:26 pm http://neworleansmafia.blogspot.com/201 ... s.html?m=1

Apparently tufaros relatives of Colombo members. I mean there’s LCN remnants all over the place and I wouldn’t doubt there are still guys flying the flag and maybe networking with other families. We won’t ever know unless a case is made and even then we will never know the reality
If you notice, whoever wrote that blog post mentions a New Orleans Metropolitan Crime Commission report. Yet, they conveniently never bothered to include a link to the report. So, I call bullshit and think that they just made it all up and pulled some random names together for their shitty blog post.

If the MCC really did find all of that out and write up a report, it would’ve been in the newspapers. And law enforcement in New Orleans would be talking about what they’re doing to combat organized crime. And yet, silence.

Either way, most of the people on that list are now dead. And a few don’t even live in New Orleans anymore.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Timmoffat wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:26 pm http://neworleansmafia.blogspot.com/201 ... s.html?m=1

Like Pecoraro, but his name is misspelled in that blog. His dad Pecoraro Sr was a guy connected with Marcello per govt records. And Pecoraro jr i remember he went on the lam and ran a bar/restaurant in London and came back in the mid 2000s to face fraud charges. He should be in his early 70s if hes still alive. And there is a Brocato-not how he spells it there. Which i only know of bc when i used to be in the military I had a friend i served with and everytime on leave during mardi gras we would go and it was his family. Maybe there is more misspellings...
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

For what it's worth the last definitive information I have concerning any kind of meeting or communication between Tampa and NOLA, was from close to 20 years ago. From the Tampa perspective, the close ties between Joe Marcelo and LoScalzo/Raffa obviously ended when Joe died in 1999.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Timmoffat wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:15 pm Another case of a real guy dragged into someone’s fantasy. Tufaro most probably was an inducted LCN member as well as his brother , and they were pretty young when they were inducted. Doesn’t matter anyway because both Michael tufaros and both Joey TufaroS are all dead. Junior died at 49 in 2016. Was married to gaglianos.

I would love to argue for New Orleans with the same passion I would for Kansas City or Detroit but they are deader then San Jose or possibly the most genius arch criminal secret society that belongs to Cosa Nostra nation wide. Tufaro jr faked his death
Those are the most convincing lies - some truth mixed with falsehood. The biggest forum bullshitters back in the day got the most traction with this approach.

A 1990 article said the family was down to 12 members. And that was over 30 years ago.

Members Dead Since 2000:

1. Anthony Carolla (2007)
2. Frank Gagliano (2006)
3. Anthony Marcello (2000)
4. Pasquale Marcello (2001)
5. Salvatore Marcello (2003)
6. Vincent Marcello (2003)

The only known member left is Joseph Gagliano.
All roads lead to New York.