The Gambinos place in LCN

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: The Gambinos place in LCN

Post by CabriniGreen »

I guess I had to talk myself through it. I get the grape thing now. The Sicilians in Agrigento have this fabulous grape business, doing huge volumes of money, legit contracts.

The Gambinos in NY, apparently, have possibly millions, if not tens of millions, maybe hundreds (?) of millions in dirty money that needs to be laundered. Apparently they dont have a corporate structure/ business in NY large enough, in terms of volumes of cash, and legit enough to wash it all quickly. So they ask their Sicilian cousins to put their multimillion dollar grape business up as the vehicle to launder this dirty money. In exchange for a split in profits, I guess.

If I'm the Sicilians, I dont want to offend, so I find a reason why it wont work.

After the Campos 2 billion dollar construction fiasco, Why are the Gambinos suddenly into fucking up multimillion dollar semilegit enterprises? Maybe I'm too hard on em, lol..
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

L'ultimo mistero di Messina Denaro. "Una donna, il tramite con il boss"

https://palermo.repubblica.it/cronaca/2 ... 287716659/

From the article:

Il 2 maggio 2019, due mafiosi stanno parlando di una proposta d’affari arrivata da un emissario del clan Gambino di New York. All’improvviso, restano in silenzio per venti secondi. I carabinieri del Ros sentono il rumore leggero di una penna che scivola su un foglio. Poi, uno dei mafiosi sussurra il nome del fantasma: «Messina Denaro»....
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

- Gambino soldier Paul Semplice's family is from Porto Empedocle and he visits there, as evidenced in photos I've seen. He said on tape he has a "special relationship" with Lorenzo Mannino and implied he would report direct to him no matter Mannino's position. Doesn't mean Semplice is conducting mafia business on trips to Agrigento, but he's a member of the Gambino Sicilian faction and the possibility is there given his relatives and travels. The mafia takes advantage of possibilities, even just to keep communication alive.

- Given how Accursio Dimino's contact with the Bonannos and his associates in NYC, plus his knowledge of Canada, it wouldn't surprise me if has maintained similar ties to the Gambinos. He mentioned putting gambling machines in California and if so, you have to wonder if he would contact Tommy Gambino of LA whose father is a Sicilian mafia member and uncle is an NYC Gambino figure, among other relatives on both sides of the ocean.

- Not that it would mean anything today, but the question also remains if Accursio Dimino is a distant relative of his namesake, the early Gambino capodecina Accursio Dimino also from Sciacca. The roots of a connection seem to be there, buried by time.

--

- The Gambino family has such a deep, dense history with Agrigento and especially Sciacca, it is hard to believe they didn't maintain stronger connections there like with Palermo. However, over the decades the Gambino Sciacchitani faction become fully Americanized and melted in with the rest of Brooklyn, while even the more Americanized Palermitani kept close ties to Sicily and preserved that part of the network. Nick Gentile transferred membership from Porto Empedocle to the future Gambino family in 1930, but a few decades later Sammy Gravano couldn't point out Porto Empedocle on a map even though his father came from there.

- You have guys like Joe Arcuri who stayed close to Agrigentini mafia figures in New Jersey and Florida, and he obviously knew they shared something in their heritage, but it's surprising we don't hear anything about him having ties to Sicily. The FBI files posted here say that he had Sicilian immigrants in his paver's union but no indication of a mafia connection. His friends in the DeCavalcantes and Trafficantes had "zips" from Agrigento as of just a couple decades ago. Surprising the Gambino family wouldn't have had their own.

- If the Gambino family wants to make the connection to modern Agrigento, it's still there. Early Italian investigators identified Palermo and coastal Agrigento as the most significant historic areas in the development of the Sicilian mafia. This report was from over a century ago. I think they simply didn't know enough about Trapani to include them (though they included a few villages, like Castellammare) but on a map they made of historic mafia strongholds, pretty much all of Palermo and Agrigento provinces were covered. I don't think it's a coincidence we see metro Palermo and coastal Agrigento form the early backbone of the Gambino family. And even today we have Lorenzo Mannino and Paul Semplice as remnants of these places who could very well blow on that ember to keep it going.
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

The Agrigento clan are from Sciacca. The Inzerillos planted their flag over there.
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

Not for nothing they can easily expand their legitimate businesses since they’re still sitting on millions from their trafficking days