Peter Gotti is dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AnIrishGuy
Straightened out

Re: Peter Gotti is dead

Post by AnIrishGuy »

Realistically who wants the official title? Does anyone in the administration of the Gambinos really have an ego that needs the validation of that title? Maybe Marino? Probably too old and who knows if guys like him and Di Maria are even still active.

They might not name anybody.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

JohnnyS wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:13 am all signs point to Mannino. Lets not forget felice's info as well about Cefalu wanting to step down but Cali didnt want the position.
Paradiso will serve alongside two powerful members of the family's Sicilian faction, Domenico (Italian Dom) Cefalu, 72, and Lorenzo Mannino, 60. Gang Land's sources waffle on the specific ranks of Cefalu, whom the FBI has carried as the family's acting boss since 2011, and Mannino, who has been identified by the feds in recent court filings only as a "powerful capo." Some law enforcers say Cefalu is still the boss, but others say Mannino is the real leader right now, even if he doesn't have the official title.
In 2011, Domenico, now 73, was named acting boss, a position that some sources say is now held by fellow Sicilian-faction wiseguy, Lorenzo Mannino.
The info about Cefalu wanted to step down was ran by one of the new York papers years ago wasn't it
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Also, didn't PG renounce the life? If and when that happened could be when he stopped holding the position. For all we know, his death had no impact on the hierarchy.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:26 am
JohnnyS wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:13 am all signs point to Mannino. Lets not forget felice's info as well about Cefalu wanting to step down but Cali didnt want the position.
Paradiso will serve alongside two powerful members of the family's Sicilian faction, Domenico (Italian Dom) Cefalu, 72, and Lorenzo Mannino, 60. Gang Land's sources waffle on the specific ranks of Cefalu, whom the FBI has carried as the family's acting boss since 2011, and Mannino, who has been identified by the feds in recent court filings only as a "powerful capo." Some law enforcers say Cefalu is still the boss, but others say Mannino is the real leader right now, even if he doesn't have the official title.
In 2011, Domenico, now 73, was named acting boss, a position that some sources say is now held by fellow Sicilian-faction wiseguy, Lorenzo Mannino.
The info about Cefalu wanted to step down was ran by one of the new York papers years ago wasn't it
Yeah you're right it was in the daily news in 2013.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Don't see how it's all signs point to Mannino, Capeci is 50/50 with his sources
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

JohnnyS wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:31 am
Just kept on as acting boss for another 8 years, I call bullshit. Think they just ran with Cali being the rising star in the family tbh
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:10 am
Not to quibble but ALL signs DONT point to Mannino. "Some" sources said Mannino, "some" sources say Cefalu. It appears the speculation is quite even on both sides with LE. Not at all a clear point to Mannino.
This is true but my personal view of it is Cali was always supposed to take over. I never believed Cefalu was a front boss but I do think he was only meant to be temporary boss. I dont see why Cefalu would want to the official title now if he's been looking to step down for years.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:37 am
Just kept on as acting boss for another 8 years, I call bullshit. Think they just ran with Cali being the rising star in the family tbh
I think he kept it because Cali never wanted it. I think Cali turning it down led to them pushing Mannino.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

JohnnyS wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:38 am
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:37 am
I think he kept it because Cali never wanted it. I think Cali turning it down led to them pushing Mannino.
Could just have been a good headline also. He's probably loaded and should put his support to Mannino but none of us know his mindset
jimmi_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmi_beans8 »

pretty sure they had it figured out bfor pg passed
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

As Chris stated this doesnt change anything. PG was a figurehead. The current dynamic is the same dynamic it has been. Cefalu/Mannino top two, Paradiso Consig. If Mannino's no.1 It happened before PG left.
I dont think anyone's getting crowned because of the new vacancy.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Straightened out

Post by 100100 »

I figured this doesn't change much. Just the fbi is going to update their charts. I'm sure the rest of the Gambinos this is nothing at all or even a blimp on the radar. By all accounts he was boss in name and nothing else and had no pull since he "denounced ", the mob.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

He denounced the Life 2 years ago. But became a figurehead when the panel of Gambino, Vernace and Marino replaced the indicted Administration that was led by Acting Boss Jackie DAmico. Stefanelli said the panel was put in place despite objection by Pete Gotti. He could have been replaced 2 years ago when he denounced the life, but I didnt see what he was trying to do any differant than what others have done to get out of prison. We still dont know who replaced Cali. Also there was 2 times that it was rumoured that Cali had replaced Cefalu. First in 2013 and than again in 2015. It has never been confirmed that Cefalu even wanted to step down, both times. I would think he would have already stepped down if he really wanted to step down 8 years ago.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Gene might want it but he has to turn it down. He has fifteen (15) years left on federal parole. He may have to get permission to attend the wake and/or funeral or else send word out to the other families don't come. He is seen anywhere near a a made guy - it's back to a federal prison in Louisiana until he's 90 - which was when Peter would have been released if he had made it.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

The Sicilians (when I use that term, I'm not just referring to those born on the island but those born here with extensive ties and family background- like Cali) don't see The Boss position like Sopranos s1e3 where the FBI gets everything on tape and they become a lightning rod. They believe that if they "do things right" they can avoid scrutiny. It's not about dressing down like Barney Bellomo but more about not giving the FBI what it needs to indict. We, as outsiders can see this as an impossible measure but the same could be said for joining overall. You can't get away with crime like you could 70 years ago.

The surnames of Mannino, Cali, Gambino, Inzerillo have factored into the Palermitan mafia since the 1870's within a 15 mile radius. They're not in the mafia, they are the mafia. This is a century-old tradition to them.