Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Post by johnny_scootch »

BeatiPaoli wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:34 pm To Everyone:
Respectfully, could someone here identify the book that has been referenced on this thread, and perhaps provide a little detail, e.g. title, author, genesis of the contents, etc.? Thank you in advance!

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
It's called Giovanni's Ring: My Life Inside the Real Sopranos by Giovanni Rocco who was an undercover agent that infiltrated the DeCavs. It's release has been pushed back twice already we suspect because some of the info it contains is still considered sensitive to LE. Current release date is June 1.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:31 am Prior to the Stango bust (2014) when we were still on the old board I had Majuri as boss Nigro as Underboss and John LaBarbara as Consigliere. Once the indictment comes in with Nigro as Consigliere I realized this person I was hearing this from was obviously not getting full picture and probably misinterpreting things but just having Nigro in the administration at all gave me confidence he wasn’t totally bullshitting because at that time Nigro name was not in the conversation at all. He said they had 70+ soldiers (which was most likely an overstatement) and told me the captains or at least who he thought were the captains at that point in 2014. Guys like Joe Sclafani, Russ Cocchiaro, 2 of the Merlo’s, Frank Aiosa and a few other guys I can’t recall right now. He had a few things wrong a few things right but most of it has yet to be proven or disproven.

I spoke about this with a few people thru DM but I believe when Riggi got out there was friction between him and Majuri. Riggi tried to take the family back. Yes he was official boss but over the years had lost all of his actual power and most captains went with Charlie. It’s at this point when the factions were lining up against each other when riggi inducts oliveri. That’s why stango called his induction invalid. Riggi dies and the possible conflict is avoided. Majuri took back all the guys who went against him with no problems and even recognized oliveri as a friend.

Disclaimer is dont take this all as gospel its what I THINK happened from hearing shit on the street.
I’ve read somewhere that when Philip Abramo got out of jail he was slotted as the underboss. Who knows
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:07 am The DeCavs really give you a hard on , don’t they?

Just move here to Jersey already or rewatch The Sopranos again (which the Decavs are absolutely nothing like, only similarity is that they’re both Jersey based LCN families) .

-Dante
nice never saw all the sopranos but legit post!
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Were they ever major players in north jersey? Was under the impression they were always well below the NYC families as far as influence in north jersey.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

So the really only up to date chart would be:

Boss-Unknown
Street Boss-Milk(one of the Merlos)
Underboss-unknown
Consigliere-Frank Nigro

Capo-Louis Consalvo
Capo-Charles Stango

Pretty tight group it seems
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Did Beeps have any made guys under him, or were his son and the other associates his entire crew?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

TallGuy19 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:06 am Did Beeps have any made guys under him, or were his son and the other associates his entire crew?
I think Paul “Knuckles” Colella was or is a soldier but I’m not entirely sure don’t take my word for it
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To Johnny_Scootch: Once again, thank you for your assistance! Looking forward to reading it!

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

joerock wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:52 am So the really only up to date chart would be:

Boss-Unknown
Underboss-unknown
Consigliere-Frank Nigro

Capo-Louis Consalvo
Capo-Charles Stango

Plus whoever 'Big Head' is. It also hasn't been confirmed that Consalvo is a Captain.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:58 am
joerock wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:52 am So the really only up to date chart would be:

Boss-Unknown
Underboss-unknown
Consigliere-Frank Nigro

Capo-Louis Consalvo
Capo-Charles Stango

Plus whoever 'Big Head' is. It also hasn't been confirmed that Consalvo is a Captain.

Pogo
It hasn’t been confirmed? I thought it was thanks for the update
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:58 am

Boss-Unknown
Underboss-unknown
Consigliere-Frank Nigro

Capo-Louis Consalvo
Capo-Charles Stango

Pogo
Also any idea who “chops” is? In the Stango indictment he said “chops is coming down” or something like that
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:13 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:07 am The DeCavs really give you a hard on , don’t they?

Just move here to Jersey already or rewatch The Sopranos again (which the Decavs are absolutely nothing like, only similarity is that they’re both Jersey based LCN families) .

-Dante
JoeRock I was just busting your balls, btw
I’m in a fucking terrible mood today
What about the Jonah Hill lookalike Gallo? Who couldnt stop selling coke
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:31 pm

-Dante
That clown just sold drugs here at the Shore, I would use the term Associate here very loosely. He got out of the can and was working at a car dealership on Rt 37 in Toms River and went right back to selling Coke, gets popped again within a month with another moron by the local PD in Toms River. At least this second time he got the job at the car dealership and at least tried.

-Dante
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:58 pm

-Dante
That clown just sold drugs here at the Shore, I would use the term Associate here very loosely. He got out of the can and was working at a car dealership on Rt 37 in Toms River and went right back to selling Coke, gets popped again within a month with another moron by the local PD in Toms River. At least this second time he got the job at the car dealership and at least tried.

-Dante
I found that dudes Instagram and he follows wiseguy channel and Philly LCN lmao
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:58 pm

-Dante

-Dante
Got ya. So who was he associated with. Is this a Brendan Filone scenario like the sopranos?