General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Antiliar »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:46 pm Supposedly this is his obit

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/ ... ?pid=30089
The obit might be for this person:
Name: Joseph Hansen [J Hansen]
Race: White
Birth Date: 6 Feb 1945
Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois
Death Date: 16 Nov 2000
SSN: 347366952
Death Certificate Number: FIX FOR "01" DOD 03/01
Notes: Feb 1945: Name listed as JOSEPH HANSEN; 19 Apr 2001: Name listed as J HANSEN
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Yea that obit is probably not his. From my sources is that he died in 2003, shortly have the FBI gave him a DNA swab. I’ll keep looking for that article talking about that.

From my sources, Rudy Fratto has passed away. Supposedly he has been sick for a while and almost died last year. Still waiting on confirmation. Someone on here said it was a different Rudy Fratto so will try to get confirmation first before i say it is definite
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

The talk of DiFronzo cooperating started back when he wasnt charged in the Spilotro case and Family Secret 2 didnt come about. Its interesting what Red and Fosco have said and written. Im not saying either one is wrong or lying. I just want more proof before I believe anything. You gotta remember though that this was back when the Outfit was still more dangerous and still whacking. Maybe Mars did get sloppy and accidently left file out. Or he must have really trusted Red, not to say anything. But to put DiFronzos life in danger doesnt add up either. But it wouldnt surprise me if DiFronzo was an informant. As the thought had crossed my mind before. Then you have Marino also not charged in the Spilotro murders. It will be interesting if the whole truth came out.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

With all this said, I'm making a deep dive into digging up information from the late eighties and early nineties. Crew structure, etc. My main point of interest is still mid-70s to mid-80s but I need to take a break from that time period while I decide what I want to do next. I'll either post it here or make a new thread specifically for that time period.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Frank wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:52 am The talk of DiFronzo cooperating started back when he wasnt charged in the Spilotro case and Family Secret 2 didnt come about. Its interesting what Red and Fosco have said and written. Im not saying either one is wrong or lying. I just want more proof before I believe anything. You gotta remember though that this was back when the Outfit was still more dangerous and still whacking. Maybe Mars did get sloppy and accidently left file out. Or he must have really trusted Red, not to say anything. But to put DiFronzos life in danger doesnt add up either. But it wouldnt surprise me if DiFronzo was an informant. As the thought had crossed my mind before. Then you have Marino also not charged in the Spilotro murders. It will be interesting if the whole truth came out.
I always heard that with someone like Marcello in Family Secrets, they had corroborating evidence. In his case it was the phone call he made to spilotros niece or daughter (cant' remember which one), and she then "confirmed" it matched Marcello's voice. (Quite a voice memory if you ask me). This was in addition to Calabrese's 1st hand testimony of seeing Marcello there.

Maybe with Difronzo they felt Calabrese's word vs his was too thin with no other evidence? Maybe it would fuck up the case against the others somehow? Who knows.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:13 pm
Frank wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:52 am The talk of DiFronzo cooperating started back when he wasnt charged in the Spilotro case and Family Secret 2 didnt come about. Its interesting what Red and Fosco have said and written. Im not saying either one is wrong or lying. I just want more proof before I believe anything. You gotta remember though that this was back when the Outfit was still more dangerous and still whacking. Maybe Mars did get sloppy and accidently left file out. Or he must have really trusted Red, not to say anything. But to put DiFronzos life in danger doesnt add up either. But it wouldnt surprise me if DiFronzo was an informant. As the thought had crossed my mind before. Then you have Marino also not charged in the Spilotro murders. It will be interesting if the whole truth came out.
I always heard that with someone like Marcello in Family Secrets, they had corroborating evidence. In his case it was the phone call he made to spilotros niece or daughter (cant' remember which one), and she then "confirmed" it matched Marcello's voice. (Quite a voice memory if you ask me). This was in addition to Calabrese's 1st hand testimony of seeing Marcello there.

Maybe with Difronzo they felt Calabrese's word vs his was too thin with no other evidence? Maybe it would fuck up the case against the others somehow? Who knows.
Yes I agree and I thought thephone call thing with Marcello could definitely not be considered as beyond a shadow of doubt
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Just confirmed that it was NOT Rudy Fratto that died the other day.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:46 am

Notes: Feb 1945: Name listed as JOSEPH HANSEN; 19 Apr 2001: Name listed as J HANSEN
Take it for whats its worth:
I asked Red if he heard the same rumors about Joey Hansen being alive. He told me Mitch Mars told him he was dead. He continues, "if he wasnt he would of been indicted in family secrets trial."
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:27 pm
Antiliar wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:46 am

Take it for whats its worth:
I asked Red if he heard the same rumors about Joey Hansen being alive. He told me Mitch Mars told him he was dead. He continues, "if he wasnt he would of been indicted in family secrets trial."
His son shares his name so that may be where the confusion is coming from. Still odd that he doesn't have a death record somewhere out there. His birth date was 1937 so any obit or SSDI entry would have to match that.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Some interesting info from 1981...

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:34 am Some interesting info from 1981...
Thanks for posting this. I remember reading about the Royal Family a while back and their Outfit connections via contract killings and narcotics ops. These were some very serious guys. IIRC correctly they began as allies of the Black Gangster Disciples based out of the Ickes Homes (the South State street location rhat the article cites as Collins's drug operation) on the Southside and the ABLA Homes on the Westside. Collins's drug ops led to tension with the BGDs and these Royal Family guys then split to found the Black Gangster Nation (BGs). Though they joined the Folks alliance in the late 70s, tensions with the GDs and BDs broke out into wars in the 80s, and in the 90s the BGs broke away from the Folks and starting calling themselves "New Breed Black Gangsters", reflecting their independence from the Folk and People alliances. The New Breeds were dealt a blow with the demolition of the ABLA Homes (just south of the old Taylor St Little Italy), though they opened up a number of chapters across the Westside and are still a major presence in that part of the city. When I was still on the streets the New Breeds were hated by everyone and considered "renegades".
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:58 am
Thanks for posting this. I remember reading about the Royal Family a while back and their Outfit connections via contract killings and narcotics ops. These were some very serious guys. IIRC correctly they began as allies of the Black Gangster Disciples based out of the Ickes Homes (the South State street location rhat the article cites as Collins's drug operation) on the Southside and the ABLA Homes on the Westside. Collins's drug ops led to tension with the BGDs and these Royal Family guys then split to found the Black Gangster Nation (BGs). Though they joined the Folks alliance in the late 70s, tensions with the GDs and BDs broke out into wars in the 80s, and in the 90s the BGs broke away from the Folks and starting calling themselves "New Breed Black Gangsters", reflecting their independence from the Folk and People alliances. The New Breeds were dealt a blow with the demolition of the ABLA Homes (just south of the old Taylor St Little Italy), though they opened up a number of chapters across the Westside and are still a major presence in that part of the city. When I was still on the streets the New Breeds were hated by everyone and considered "renegades".
Thanks a lot for the great additional info bud. Im finishing the 1980s and so i previously stumbled upon this and thought about posting it.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

A good book was written about this. It’s called false arrest. It talks about the royal family and the outfit. Cruz is a central character. We all know what happened to Cruz.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:59 am A good book was written about this. It’s called false arrest. It talks about the royal family and the outfit. Cruz is a central character. We all know what happened to Cruz.
Thank you also for the additional info bud. Im first time hearing regarding this specific connection, although it seems that the Outfit and the African-American organizations worked together even after the 1970's
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Villain wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:49 am
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:59 am A good book was written about this. It’s called false arrest. It talks about the royal family and the outfit. Cruz is a central character. We all know what happened to Cruz.
Thank you also for the additional info bud. Im first time hearing regarding this specific connection, although it seems that the Outfit and the African-American organizations worked together even after the 1970's
The Royal Family was basically a black gang that was created in prison and then transferred to the street. It’s the same as the Brothers of Struggle. Both those gangs did errands for the Outfit. BOS is suspected in the murder of Milwaukee Associate Max Addonis is late 80s. Both these gangs are largely defunct now from my understanding. BOS might still be active in Milwaukee.