General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by antimafia »

Momo wrote:
Dave65827 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:15 am How did Vincenzo Morena immigrate to Canada after being deported to Italy and also with a criminal history ?
He might have gotten an investor visa.
From Capeci's _Gang Land_ article published on, or a short time before, November 16, 2017:

Sources say Morena's trip from Bayside, Queens to Hamilton, Ontario, was a circuitous one that began with his Brooklyn Federal Court indictment along with Bonanno soldier Baldassare (Baldo) Amato and 20 other Giannini Crew members who were vying for big time roles with the Bonanno, Colombo and Gambino families.

After doing time for armed-robbery conspiracies of a bank and a bar, he was deported to Italy where he lived with his wife and son until 2011 when sources say he decided it would be easier for him to sneak back into Canada than the U.S., and he did so after his wife and son entered legally as visitors.

To make his detection as a convicted U.S. felon a trifle harder to spot, he became Vincenzo Morena, instead of the Americanized version he used growing up in Brooklyn. Sources say he flipped and began cooperating with the RCMP after he was arrested in August of 2014 in a suburb of Montreal as part of a coke smuggling ring.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:56 am Question to Solei (or the board if they have the answer):

Why are links to Scott Burnstein articles banned? I was unaware, as it also appears, is Scott.

Thanks.
They have been for quite a while. At the time, I believe Solai explained that he either didn't credit the board for information gathered from members here or did not link or credit the board for some other reason. I can't remember for certain as it was some time ago.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Snakes wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:23 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:56 am Question to Solei (or the board if they have the answer):

Why are links to Scott Burnstein articles banned? I was unaware, as it also appears, is Scott.

Thanks.
They have been for quite a while. At the time, I believe Solai explained that he either didn't credit the board for information gathered from members here or did not link or credit the board for some other reason. I can't remember for certain as it was some time ago.
Makes sense. Cheers snakes. Stay well.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Momo
Straightened out

Post by Momo »

Why don't stupid low level associates kill famous rats to get respect from other stupid members?
“It’s easy to kill somebody,” - Joey Merlino
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Momo wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:18 am Why don't stupid low level associates kill famous rats to get respect from other stupid members?
Because you have to be John Pappa levels of manic to do it. Nobody is risking a life sentence for some street cred. Plus, I suspect the crime families discourage a retaliation against rats because that would bring a ton of heat on them.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Momo wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:18 am Why don't stupid low level associates kill famous rats to get respect from other stupid members?
Because that would attract a lot of attention and these associates could be arrested and turned into rats as well.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I think arillotta said in his old interview is if you kill a federal informant you aren’t getting any plea deals and your gonna get a life or death penalty case

There’s no Benifit to that. The last guy to be blasted post testifying was technically Gino DiPietro but he was supposedly killed for a separate reason. And before that it was Mario Riccobone from Philly 93 and they probably would’ve left him alone if he didn’t try to insert himself back into Philly
Momo
Straightened out

Post by Momo »

eboli wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:39 am
Because you have to be John Pappa levels of manic to do it. Nobody is risking a life sentence for some street cred. Plus, I suspect the crime families discourage a retaliation against rats because that would bring a ton of heat on them.
Don't you think there are wannabes who wants to join mob or hang out with them? I doubt they'd would kill a person but it can happen.
:
I'm sure Philly would accept a man that killed a rat to join them. They don't look soo bright.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Momo wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:31 am
Don't you think there are wannabes who wants to join mob or hang out with them? I doubt they'd would kill a person but it can happen.
:
I'm sure Philly would accept a man that killed a rat to join them. They don't look soo bright.
They won't. The Philly organization might be out there compared to the Genovese or Gambino, but they're not morons. What good he'll do them when this hypothetical rat killer is inactive because he's serving a life sentence? Not to mention the law enforcement pressure the murder will generate for everybody. It's just bad optics and bad for business in this day and age.
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

eboli wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:26 am
Momo wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:31 am
:
They won't. The Philly organization might be out there compared to the Genovese or Gambino, but they're not morons. What good he'll do them when this hypothetical rat killer is inactive because he's serving a life sentence? Not to mention the law enforcement pressure the murder will generate for everybody. It's just bad optics and bad for business in this day and age.
Yep and also the media attention of a rat being killed. When mob boss Frank Cali was killed, the story was all on national news. He wasn't even an informant. Be same unwanted ordeal if a wannabe killed a prolific rat. It is unneeded attention.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The heat, the publicity, is what makes it worth doing. The law of Omertà, the vow of silence cannot be broken.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Momo
Straightened out

Post by Momo »

Man I should think again before asking questiones because everytime I read my questiones after posting I relaize it's a stupid question :D
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Can someone please link me to the cammarano jr indictment memo from this thread viewtopic.php?t=4137
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:08 pm Can someone please link me to the cammarano jr indictment memo from this thread viewtopic.php?t=4137
Sure, here you go.
https://mega.nz/file/j6xWkKTA#-9Ltxo_-V ... JPjPLNmleg
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

eboli wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:16 am
Dave65827 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:08 pm Can someone please link me to the cammarano jr indictment memo from this thread viewtopic.php?t=4137
Sure, here you go.
https://mega.nz/file/j6xWkKTA#-9Ltxo_-V ... JPjPLNmleg
Thank you