General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Dave65827 »

Does anybody have a link to the Penninsi testimony ?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Anyone think the Colombos will ever be absorbed into another family, or will they just die out eventually?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:11 pm Anyone think the Colombos will ever be absorbed into another family, or will they just die out eventually?
Of course the Colombos being absorbed was a topic of discussion at the 2000 meeting. They decided against it because, among other reasons, they felt it would be disrespectful to Carmine Persico.

I'm inclined to think families will just die out. At least it seems more likely than a family wanting to absorb a floundering one with all the risk and problems that could bring. Things would have to deteriorate to an extreme level before we'd see NY families merging.
All roads lead to New York.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:06 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:11 pm Anyone think the Colombos will ever be absorbed into another family, or will they just die out eventually?
Of course the Colombos being absorbed was a topic of discussion at the 2000 meeting. They decided against it because, among other reasons, they felt it would be disrespectful to Carmine Persico.

I'm inclined to think families will just die out. At least it seems more likely than a family wanting to absorb a floundering one with all the risk and problems that could bring. Things would have to deteriorate to an extreme level before we'd see NY families merging.
I think the Five Families will always be around; they'll just eventually mutate into something unrecognizable around 2050 or so.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

The recent indictment showed there’s still Italian American kids dumb enough to join LCN today and at that the Colombo’s I think they’d be around for a much longer time than say Philly or New England
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:25 pm
The recent indictment showed there’s still Italian American kids dumb enough to join LCN today and at that the Colombo’s I think they’d be around for a much longer time than say Philly or New England
Absolutely. The 5 NY families will be the last left after everyone else is gone.
All roads lead to New York.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

It's only a matter of time until Cosa Nostra is a faded memory, but it won't happen soon. I expect that eventually there'll be only one large crime family in the New York metropolitan area that will absorb all the remnants. From our current perspective, it looks like that will be the Genovese family.

One thing's for certain, unless a miracle happens, the Colombos are the first to go based on the information we have. It seems made men from the other New York families look down on them. It's a miracle they're a functional organization and dare I say it, even consolidating their positions in the last decade.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I think LCN will always exist in some form of in the United States but will we recognize it I don’t think so. Either way I doubt I’ll be paying attention as a mob watcher for that long so I’ll probably not know when it happens
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:06 pm

Another reason they decided against it was because the other families didn't want to take in guys that they didn't know. I suspect that was the real reason. In the era of paranoia of informants and LE infiltration I'm sure the last thing the top guys wanted is to take in dozens of strangers into their ranks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
MSFRD
Straightened out

Post by MSFRD »

It was always inevitable with hindsight that the Italian-American Mafia would eventually cease to grow and diminish without the pressure of law enforcement. Without constant migration from the ‘motherland’, the effects of generational assimilation are almost impossible to halt. White America, is obviously European Christian at its core, and over successive generations the Italians have blended in to White America and become part of the status quo.
It‘s not like Italy is at America’s doorstep with hundreds of millions of potential migrants like Latin America ready to continue refreshing the bloodlines and ensuring assimilation is never quite complete for the entire group.
One day not long away, we will be talking about La Cosa Nostra as we talk about the gangs and gunslingers of the Wild West or the Highwaymen of rural England. Something confined to a particular time at a particular place.
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

Anybody have or know where to find info on the Marcianise Clan of the Camorra?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Did Greg DePalma take over an established crew after he was released from prison, or did they pull soldiers from other crews and cobble together a new crew for him? Considering how quickly he was promoted after his release, it seems like breaking a captain and giving their crew to DePalma could have caused issues.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was promoted to Acting Capo after his release. He had been Acting Capo over a portion of the Louie Ricco Crew in the 1990s and seemed to operate separate before he was busted. So he was probably given new guys when he got out since it doesn't appear he was Acting for any particular Capo.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Sorry if this is not the place but where can I find the “mugshot section”
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Is Terrence Caldwell being held in state prison? Because I can't find him on BOP anymore. The only Terrence Caldwell that comes up when I search was released in 1999 and is the wrong age
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'