General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

If people haven't already seen this, an excellent older Chicago Reader piece on former Cook County investigator Paul Newey and Richard Cain:

https://m.chicagoreader.com/chicago/bac ... oid=905119
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:19 pm If people haven't already seen this, an excellent older Chicago Reader piece on former Cook County investigator Paul Newey and Richard Cain:

https://m.chicagoreader.com/chicago/bac ... oid=905119
Thanks Tony. I remember when Cain was killed. Hearing it on the news. Even then the guy seemed very complicated.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thanks Polack. Cain was a multi-talented individual with many connections and he also had a very shrewd mentor (Marcy) but in the end he made the wrong choices.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Btw heres one funny statement made by Mike The Pike Heitler in 1917 when he was sentenced to 1 year in prison on prostitution charges...

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Sarno must be pretty bad as they have moved him to MCFP (Medical Center for Federal Prisoners) in Springfield, Missouri.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Came across some info in a 1993 file which indicated that the Chicago field office of the FBI had identified those individuals involved in the Dorfman murder and that all were deceased. This would seem to be at odds with other sources which indicate Frank Schweihs and Albert Vena as being the shooters, although it doesn't exclude either of those being involved in the planning in some form or fashion (driver, lookout, etc.). They also believed they had identified the individual responsible for Sam Giancana's murder and that that individual (note the "singular" reference) was also dead. If they are referring to Butch Blasi, he died in 1993, prior to the date of the memo in question.
Last edited by Snakes on Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:56 am Sarno must be pretty bad as they have moved him to MCFP (Medical Center for Federal Prisoners) in Springfield, Missouri.
Really? When did that happen? Wonder if he caught covid.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:47 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:56 am Sarno must be pretty bad as they have moved him to MCFP (Medical Center for Federal Prisoners) in Springfield, Missouri.
Really? When did that happen? Wonder if he caught covid.
I like to check in on he and Marcello every once in a while to (a) see if they are still alive and (b) see if they have been moved. I can't remember the last time I checked for Sarno but he was previously in FCI Petersburg (Virginia). I remember his daughter saying that he was in very poor health. It is possible that they moved him closer to home because he has gotten worse. It should be noted that Genovese, Gotti, Gigante, Fat Tony Salerno, Tony Ducks Corallo, and Jerry Langella all died at this particular facility, so I can't imagine it being "good" that he was moved here.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Yeah I just assumed his daughter was talking up his sickness to get him out, guess not.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Guys like Lombardo and Marcello being in supermax in Colorado is crazy to me. Bad dudes for sure, but needing to lock them up in the most secure and restrictive prison in the U.S? With the planners of September 11th and the Unabomber? Seems excessive.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Some interesting info on Giancana and Caifanos wife and please, pay attention on the last sentence or info lol....

Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Villain wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:08 pm Some interesting info on Giancana and Caifanos wife and please, pay attention on the last sentence or info lol....

Great read brother. Giancana was a a chronic womanizer.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Nick Prango wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:17 am
Villain wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:08 pm Some interesting info on Giancana and Caifanos wife and please, pay attention on the last sentence or info lol....

Great read brother. Giancana was a a chronic womanizer.
....and he also managed to breach all CN rules lol all kidding aside, the guy made a lot of money for the organization but he was also known for mentally torturing his members
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

It's kind of hard to make out with all the redactions but it appears that Donald Angelini was made in "1956 or 1957." That may seem young but Joe Ferriola was around the same age and both were under Fifi so it isn't too surprising, if true. Ferriola was a killer but Angelini was already a big moneymaker by that point.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Remember that Marshall Caifano was by an extension, Mooney's younger brother given he was so close with Lenny Caifano and the older brother whose name escapes me. I believe there was probably more to the story - point being, Caifano and Momo went way back and were exceptionally close.