Scott- chicago

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Scott- chicago

Post by Pete »

Some good articles lately by Scott on chicago and specifically albie vena. He confirms what has becoming obvious lately that the Feds have a huge hard on for albie and have been trying to make cases against him like the panozzo thing. Seems like Albies time may be running out soon last few guys the Feds had a hard on for are doing big time like mike sarno. Some of the more interesting tidbits though we're surveillance logs showing albie meeting with sarno before he was locked up as well as guys like John difronzo including a meeting between vena difronzo and zizzo shortly before zizzo disappeared. Absent from the meeting was sarno who was then spotted meeting those guys after zizzo was gone.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
cavita
Full Patched

Re: Scott- chicago

Post by cavita »

If Vena was meeting with DiFronzo and Zizzo that long ago, more than ten years now, then that would mean Vena was pretty high up at that time, correct?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

cavita wrote:If Vena was meeting with DiFronzo and Zizzo that long ago, more than ten years now, then that would mean Vena was pretty high up at that time, correct?
Yeah just about 10 years ago which makes sense as vena took over for the clown around 05
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I think he actually took over in 2007 when Jimmy Cozzo died, although he may have been acting earlier than that depending on how bad Jimmy's cancer was.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Pete, where are these articles from Scott you refer to?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

cavita wrote:Pete, where are these articles from Scott you refer to?
Just go to Scott's site gangsterreport.com under the chicago tab there's like 3-4 recent articles about vena and the grand avenue crew
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote:I think he actually took over in 2007 when Jimmy Cozzo died, although he may have been acting earlier than that depending on how bad Jimmy's cancer was.
Yeah that's probably right but as you said jimmy boy had been sick for a few years at that point but I'm sure albie was still answering to him to some extent
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Yeah, they're all up on Gangster Report, Scott's blog. FWIW, I'd like him to talk even just a little bit more this/these "sources". I'm not saying I write Bernstein off completely, he's a talented writer, but as has been brought up umpteenth times on these boards, he would seem to enjoy creating titles and over-hyping nothing into 500+ word articles. He's working with what he has, I guess. But what is "that"? Does a Jewish dude from Detroit have street contacts in Chicago, Philly and wherever? Or does he have a "mob group" on facebook like some window-licker on GBB said recently?
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Just sayin'. Like I said, he's a talented writer. Fuck, I even bought his book. Even if I'd did turn out to be a bunch of fucking pictures with extended captions.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Don't forget that in one of the Family Secrets transcripts that his book was discussed. Scott can speak for himself, but he is in contact with the former head of the Chicago FBI.
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Antiliar wrote:Don't forget that in one of the Family Secrets transcripts that his book was discussed. Scott can speak for himself, but he is in contact with the former head of the Chicago FBI.
Okay. See, that's a fair point. Thank you for the valid response to my question.

I read Bernsteins blog. Of course, he'd give little fucks over what some random Aussie cunt thinks of him, but this is the first response I've gotten to this question that actually has me checking facts and not simply either aggrandising or dismissing him according to my own views.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

MickeyMeatballs wrote:
Antiliar wrote:Don't forget that in one of the Family Secrets transcripts that his book was discussed. Scott can speak for himself, but he is in contact with the former head of the Chicago FBI.
Okay. See, that's a fair point. Thank you for the valid response to my question.

I read Bernsteins blog. Of course, he'd give little fucks over what some random Aussie cunt thinks of him, but this is the first response I've gotten to this question that actually has me checking facts and not simply either aggrandising or dismissing him according to my own views.
In the articles he speaks specifically of surveillance logs which is more concrete than rumors and innuendo. I know nothing about philly so I can't speak to those articles but I find most of his chicago stuff pretty on the money
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

MickeyMeatballs wrote:
Yeah, they're all up on Gangster Report, Scott's blog. FWIW, I'd like him to talk even just a little bit more this/these "sources". I'm not saying I write Bernstein off completely, he's a talented writer, but as has been brought up umpteenth times on these boards, he would seem to enjoy creating titles and over-hyping nothing into 500+ word articles. He's working with what he has, I guess. But what is "that"? Does a Jewish dude from Detroit have street contacts in Chicago, Philly and wherever? Or does he have a "mob group" on facebook like some window-licker on GBB said recently?

Okay... first off, I like Scott. Me and him use to meet up once or twice a week before he got big. Anyways... no disrespect to him.. but I dont know where he gets this info because I litterally just spent time with a handful of guys that he has written about and a lot of them laugh at whats being wirrten about them. They love when theyr dads are the "top enforcer" and "street lieutenant" and other variouse titles..its just funny because i know most of the offspring of the guys here in Detroit and for the most part they all know whats going on and all say how much they are being glorified and made to look more important then they really are... but hey, it sells. not going to knock the hustle. just really makes me wonder how much other stuff is exagerated.

And also... what exactly are you talking about when his book was discussed about the Family Secrets case? There was another Family Secrets book that wernt way in depth and i can possibly see that one being mentioned but i dont see what his book really having any significance to actually being talked about...

once again though...
i like scott...
has anastaisa or capeci ever mentioned or given him any credit yet? seeing how he is now reporting on some of the same things as anastasia if he mentioned him id respect his research a little more.. but i just dont really see much credit being given outside these forums... and i think that if what he is reporting really is real credit would be given more then just here..
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i never wanted to post that stuff about him because like i said we use to meet up and hang out back in the day. but once i really started getting to know a lot of the guys being written about and hearing what they had to say... i think it should be noted that even they think its kind of phony. and these are guys who get off on being written about how tough and important they are. yet some are almost embarrased on how redicules it sounds when they are being called "top liutenant" to so and so. and so forth.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Dellacroce
Straightened out

Post by Dellacroce »

JeremyTheJew wrote:
MickeyMeatballs wrote:

Okay... first off, I like Scott. Me and him use to meet up once or twice a week before he got big. Anyways... no disrespect to him.. but I dont know where he gets this info because I litterally just spent time with a handful of guys that he has written about and a lot of them laugh at whats being wirrten about them. They love when theyr dads are the "top enforcer" and "street lieutenant" and other variouse titles..its just funny because i know most of the offspring of the guys here in Detroit and for the most part they all know whats going on and all say how much they are being glorified and made to look more important then they really are... but hey, it sells. not going to knock the hustle. just really makes me wonder how much other stuff is exagerated.

And also... what exactly are you talking about when his book was discussed about the Family Secrets case? There was another Family Secrets book that wernt way in depth and i can possibly see that one being mentioned but i dont see what his book really having any significance to actually being talked about...

once again though...
i like scott...
has anastaisa or capeci ever mentioned or given him any credit yet? seeing how he is now reporting on some of the same things as anastasia if he mentioned him id respect his research a little more.. but i just dont really see much credit being given outside these forums... and i think that if what he is reporting really is real credit would be given more then just here..
Fwiw before scott had his gangsterreport site up and running scott would guest write on capecis gangland news site every once in awhile. The only other person to guest write for capeci in recent times has been anastashia. So i doubt capeci would let scott write for his site if he thought he was a fugazy, for instance i doubt we will ever see ed scarpo/lieber as a guest writer on gangland.