5 Families and the control on NY/NJ prisons

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Gabagool718
Straightened out

Re: 5 Families and the control on NY/NJ prisons

Post by Gabagool718 »

Nick Prango wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:05 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:36 am
Nick Prango wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:31 am
newera_212 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 pm
furiofromnaples wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:00 am
Orzan wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:01 am I remember reading somewhere that the "wiseguys" are respected within the prisons by the gangs, but that they do not exercise any type of control.
Maybe not in NJ but even in NY city prisons the wiseguys have some control?
Absolutely not. The city jails don't really have any structure or control. It's a cluster fuck of every type of person under the sun passing through, with a very very small percentage of them being white (nevertheless Italian and being a connected Italian), for everything ranging from premeditated murder to DUI to vandalism. It's complete chaos. The Bloods make up the biggest 'group' but at the same time, in the more 'longer term' jails like The Tombs and Rikers, they keep the gangs housed separately... and on top of that, when a "little" gang member hits the city jail, they are usually from smaller gangs and don't get brought under the Blood banner until they make their way Upstate to the actual prisons.

I have a family member through marriage who is a guard at Rikers, and a good friend who was a guard at Brooklyn House. The stuff that someone like Gene Borrello says about having to fight every single day in Rikers isn't an understatement. It's filled with wild ass kids who are trying to make a name for themselves before they get shipped off to a real prison, combined with people who really do not have any business living in free, functional society. There are bloods and crips, but in NYC there are also Gangster Disciples (which branched out from literally one apartment building in Brooklyn in the late 90s), and homegrown Brooklyn gangs that have gotten very big and popular. Allegiances change with the wind and they are constantly fighting one another. If they're not fighting one another they are shaking down everything that walks and trying to attack the guards. Slashings for no reason, 8-on-1 fights, setting shit on fire, flooding the cells constantly, etc. It's not an easy place for anyone, LCN connected or not.

i'd guess that if you were to ask any made guy if they'd rather do a full 12 months in a Fed facility or 6 months on Rikers I'd bet a million bucks they'd all take the Feds
I have read on gangsterbb that Ronnie one Arm Trucchio had just about anything he wanted while he was awaiting sentencing in Rikers in 2003 including protection and all the unwanted attention from every inmate on the block/house, Including the CO'S. Like the biggest celebrity on planet earth was there . They all went way out of there way to make sure he was as comfortable,accomodated,protected as humanly possible. He would sit in the day room every once n a while and tell stories, no one made noise , It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. This guy on gangster bb says that mob guys who are being held at rikers usually live like kings, The more known ones ! Especially if they are in the News .CO's supply and snuggle them everything under the sun and give them tons of privileges and access to whatever.
I wonder how true that is. No doubt that him and most made guys carry themselves in a way that says they're letting anyone get over on them, ever. That's second nature to them. But Ronnie One Arm...literally with one functioning arm... running a Rikers facility like that? I have to doubt that and take those stories with a grain of salt. Not saying he wasn't respected or maybe feared by some but I have a hard time believing any white guy is going to be living in there like it was Goodfellas. I could be wrong, but the place is way too chaotic and transitional
This guy was locked up with Anthony "Tony Roach" J. Rampino in Clinton Correctional Facility/New York in the 90s. On December 16, 1985, Rampino allegedly participated in the assassinations of Gambino boss Paul Castellano and underboss Thomas Bilotti outside Sparks Steak House. Tony Roach beat up a young guy half to death with a rock over a drug debt in the Clinton prison yard. Tony Roach was in his 60s at the time. In this video this guy speaks about that at 26:07 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3wPTB18E8I&t=556s
Roach beat up Larry Davis also Tony was a dope fiend but definitely no joke dude was a beast
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: 5 Families and the control on NY/NJ prisons

Post by Nick Prango »

Gabagool718 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:12 am
Nick Prango wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:05 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:36 am
Nick Prango wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:31 am
newera_212 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 pm
furiofromnaples wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:00 am
Orzan wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:01 am I remember reading somewhere that the "wiseguys" are respected within the prisons by the gangs, but that they do not exercise any type of control.
Maybe not in NJ but even in NY city prisons the wiseguys have some control?
Absolutely not. The city jails don't really have any structure or control. It's a cluster fuck of every type of person under the sun passing through, with a very very small percentage of them being white (nevertheless Italian and being a connected Italian), for everything ranging from premeditated murder to DUI to vandalism. It's complete chaos. The Bloods make up the biggest 'group' but at the same time, in the more 'longer term' jails like The Tombs and Rikers, they keep the gangs housed separately... and on top of that, when a "little" gang member hits the city jail, they are usually from smaller gangs and don't get brought under the Blood banner until they make their way Upstate to the actual prisons.

I have a family member through marriage who is a guard at Rikers, and a good friend who was a guard at Brooklyn House. The stuff that someone like Gene Borrello says about having to fight every single day in Rikers isn't an understatement. It's filled with wild ass kids who are trying to make a name for themselves before they get shipped off to a real prison, combined with people who really do not have any business living in free, functional society. There are bloods and crips, but in NYC there are also Gangster Disciples (which branched out from literally one apartment building in Brooklyn in the late 90s), and homegrown Brooklyn gangs that have gotten very big and popular. Allegiances change with the wind and they are constantly fighting one another. If they're not fighting one another they are shaking down everything that walks and trying to attack the guards. Slashings for no reason, 8-on-1 fights, setting shit on fire, flooding the cells constantly, etc. It's not an easy place for anyone, LCN connected or not.

i'd guess that if you were to ask any made guy if they'd rather do a full 12 months in a Fed facility or 6 months on Rikers I'd bet a million bucks they'd all take the Feds
I have read on gangsterbb that Ronnie one Arm Trucchio had just about anything he wanted while he was awaiting sentencing in Rikers in 2003 including protection and all the unwanted attention from every inmate on the block/house, Including the CO'S. Like the biggest celebrity on planet earth was there . They all went way out of there way to make sure he was as comfortable,accomodated,protected as humanly possible. He would sit in the day room every once n a while and tell stories, no one made noise , It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. This guy on gangster bb says that mob guys who are being held at rikers usually live like kings, The more known ones ! Especially if they are in the News .CO's supply and snuggle them everything under the sun and give them tons of privileges and access to whatever.
I wonder how true that is. No doubt that him and most made guys carry themselves in a way that says they're letting anyone get over on them, ever. That's second nature to them. But Ronnie One Arm...literally with one functioning arm... running a Rikers facility like that? I have to doubt that and take those stories with a grain of salt. Not saying he wasn't respected or maybe feared by some but I have a hard time believing any white guy is going to be living in there like it was Goodfellas. I could be wrong, but the place is way too chaotic and transitional
This guy was locked up with Anthony "Tony Roach" J. Rampino in Clinton Correctional Facility/New York in the 90s. On December 16, 1985, Rampino allegedly participated in the assassinations of Gambino boss Paul Castellano and underboss Thomas Bilotti outside Sparks Steak House. Tony Roach beat up a young guy half to death with a rock over a drug debt in the Clinton prison yard. Tony Roach was in his 60s at the time. In this video this guy speaks about that at 26:07 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3wPTB18E8I&t=556s
Roach beat up Larry Davis also Tony was a dope fiend but definitely no joke dude was a beast
Who is Larry Davis. Why did Roach beat him? Over a drug debt?