Scott - Tension in Philly Mob

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: Scott - Tension in Philly Mob

Post by Lupara »

I don't think a movie on Philadelphia would ever come to fruition, let alone a mini series. Hollywood and the general public are only interested in New York and Chicago. I doubt the average American would even know there is a Mafia family in Philly.
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

Lupara wrote:I don't think a movie on Philadelphia would ever come to fruition, let alone a mini series. Hollywood and the general public are only interested in New York and Chicago. I doubt the average American would even know there is a Mafia family in Philly.
I agree. Although I would love to see it. How ever anything they put out would be better then Amc's making of the mob that shit was unwatchable, and they are making another one next year about the making of the Chicago mob and al Capone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

Put it's a well known fact the public responds more to well known figures. Chances are a common guy living in Iowa had heard of John gotti But haven't heard of Joey merlino

Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

phatmatress wrote:Put it's a well known fact the public responds more to well known figures. Chances are a common guy living in Iowa had heard of John gotti But haven't heard of Joey merlino

True but remember no one had heard of Henry hill before goodfellas. If the story is good they could make anything. Guaranteed if Scorsese did a philly movie they would all become household names
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

Pete wrote:
phatmatress wrote:Put it's a well known fact the public responds more to well known figures. Chances are a common guy living in Iowa had heard of John gotti But haven't heard of Joey merlino

True but remember no one had heard of Henry hill before goodfellas. If the story is good they could make anything. Guaranteed if Scorsese did a philly movie they would all become household names
yep totally agree... Although the Lufthansa heist was huge, and hill became a snitch at a time when it was very very uncommon. When wise guy and goodfellas came out in 85 and 90 we didn't have tons of books made by informers. But goodfellas did turn hill Into a semi celebrity. I want a philly movie prob more then anyone. They are a favorite family of mine to follow. I know the geneovese for example are a 100 times more sophisticated then Philly and powerful and rich, to me philly is more entertaining and easier to follow.

Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pete wrote:

Very true but keep in mind Marty read the book first which lead him to make the movie. Big difference there. Leonetti l'm sure hoped Marty would read his book mafia Prince. Lol
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

Rocco wrote:
Pete wrote:

Very true but keep in mind Marty read the book first which lead him to make the movie. Big difference there. Leonetti l'm sure hoped Marty would read his book mafia Prince. Lol
blood and honor or mafia prince would be the two best bets for any production of philly. Both well written and very interesting.

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pistons wrote a movie called 10th and wolf that is loosely based on stanfa times. The group was even called young turks vs Sicilians.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

Pete wrote:

Goodfella's the book was almost like made for Scorsese to make into a film. The guy being from NY, grew up in that same era, knowing some characters and not to mention having made the per-cursor to Goodfellas in the movie called Mean Streets. It's like he was meant to make that book into a movie.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

phatmatress wrote:I want a philly movie prob more then anyone. They are a favorite family of mine to follow. I know the geneovese for example are a 100 times more sophisticated then Philly and powerful and rich, to me philly is more entertaining and easier to follow.
It's because of the crazy cast of colorful characters. Most of them are as interesting as characters from a really colorful crime movie, like a Tarantino movie or something. A lot of time when reading about them I end up thinking "I can't believe these people really existed".

You know, they should make Philly mob collectible trading cards. Or Philly mob action figures.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

phatmatress wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Pete wrote:

blood and honor or mafia prince would be the two best bets for any production of philly. Both well written and very interesting.

Mafia Prince has a much better story line then blood and honor. At least one you can make a movie about.
Borelli
Associate

Post by Borelli »

My thoughts exactly. Stats on the back of the cards. Nicky Scarfo woul definitely be an MVP.

[quote="Ivan]
You know, they should make Philly mob collectible trading cards. Or Philly mob action figures.[/quote]
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Borelli wrote:My thoughts exactly. Stats on the back of the cards. Nicky Scarfo woul definitely be an MVP.
"I'll trade you my Ignazio Denaro and Frankie Flowers for your mint-condition Chicken Man"

Speaking of potential mob movies, wouldn't a Tarantino movie about the Stanfa era be awesome? Think about it: Veasey and Colletti's wife and the rest of those freaks would be perfect material for the guy who brought us Pulp Fiction.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

A series on Philly structured like The Wire would be the best way to go.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

I think a series on the L.A. Family circa late 40's early 50's would be good. A small time mafia family in the big city and the constant intrustion from eastern families who are more adbpt to exploit the potential. Also werent Dragna and Adamo depression cases?