Franzese on Hotboxin (Mike Tyson podcast) talking about soldier in his family killing their dad. Story is stolen?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Franzese on Hotboxin (Mike Tyson podcast) talking about soldier in his family killing their dad. Story is stolen?

Post by Tonyd621 »

So on the hotboxin podcast that Mike Tyson operates he had Mike Franzese on. Franzese was telling this story:
How two brothers killed their father. He was saying they were soldiers in his family. He said how everytime the guy went to go into his house he saw the ghost of dad.
Now is this true? Bc this sounds like the recent Zottola hit where his son whacked the dad at McDonald's or ateast had someone do it.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Franzese on Hotboxin (Mike Tyson podcast) talking about soldier in his family killing their dad. Story is stolen?

Post by chin_gigante »

More instances of fathers and sons being on the opposite ends of hits than just Zottola. Dom Cirillo had his estranged son killed. Franzese has talked about how his father didn't do him any favours when they were both taken to a sitdown with Persico. Charlie LoCicero killed his grandson and then one of the stories about LoCicero's murder was that his son Frank (the father of the murdered grandson) killed him in retaliation. I think Frank LoCicero was in Sonny Franzese's crew at one point so it could be a reference to that. If it is indeed referencing Frank LoCicero then no, Franzese didn't make it up.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Franzese on Hotboxin (Mike Tyson podcast) talking about soldier in his family killing their dad. Story is stolen?

Post by Tonyd621 »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:55 am More instances of fathers and sons being on the opposite ends of hits than just Zottola. Dom Cirillo had his estranged son killed. Franzese has talked about how his father didn't do him any favours when they were both taken to a sitdown with Persico. Charlie LoCicero killed his grandson and then one of the stories about LoCicero's murder was that his son Frank (the father of the murdered grandson) killed him in retaliation. I think Frank LoCicero was in Sonny Franzese's crew at one point so it could be a reference to that. If it is indeed referencing Frank LoCicero then no, Franzese didn't make it up.
He said two brothers, one at least he mentioned was a soldier in his family and they had to whack his dad bc he was messing around with someone's wife. Hope that makes easier to shake your memory.
Geordiebutch99
Associate

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

I think Franzese was talking about Benedetto and Vincenzo Aloi. I could be wrong but I think I saw somewhere that their father was killed for messing around with another made guys wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:41 am So on the hotboxin podcast that Mike Tyson operates he had Mike Franzese on. Franzese was telling this story:
How two brothers killed their father. He was saying they were soldiers in his family. He said how everytime the guy went to go into his house he saw the ghost of dad.
Now is this true? Bc this sounds like the recent Zottola hit where his son whacked the dad at McDonald's or ateast had someone do it.
It's supposedly an old story. The guy killed his father 30 years earlier and continued to see the old man's ghost since then. If Franzese knew the guy in the 70s or 80s, that puts the murder in the 40s or 50s.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Sounded eerily familiar haha
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Geordiebutch99 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:09 pm I think Franzese was talking about Benedetto and Vincenzo Aloi. I could be wrong but I think I saw somewhere that their father was killed for messing around with another made guys wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't know their father was killed - thought he died naturally in Florida or something and just kicked down everything he had (re: LCN) to his two Sons?

Would love some more info on the Aloi family. There's been a ton of stuff on the Colombos due to all of the rats, people like Franzese to some degree, and some great digging & writing by one of the posters here. Through all of that we know about all of the usual suspects and major players - but the Aloi's still seem like a mystery in comparison with how much power and money they supposedly had. These Aloi guys were able to stay out of, or remain clean, during the 3rd Colombo war? Supposedly had their hands in some of the bigger, more establishment-type of rackets that the Genovese and Luccheses are more known for,etc. - not much really known about them in comparison with all of the other 'big' Colombo guys from the 2nd half of the 20th century.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:32 pm Would love some more info on the Aloi family.
Seconded.

Gohn.....?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Buster Aloi was underboss of Colombos from 71-73. Never heard of him being killed by his 2 sons. Wasnt the sons on separate sides during the Columbo war??
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

From what I just read Vincent and Bennie Aloi were Orenas underboss and consiglieri. Cant remember which one represented the Orena faction in I want to say a Commision meeting.Barney Bellomo told him and Andy Russo to go into a room and dont come out till you have an agreement.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

From what I just read Vincent and Bennie Aloi were Orenas underboss and consiglieri. Cant remember which one represented the Orena faction in I want to say a Commision meeting.Barney Bellomo told him and Andy Russo to go into a room and dont come out till you have an agreement.
Jim505
On Record

Post by Jim505 »

It's Cologero Locicero. Killed by his son and Benny and other brother named Frank, I think.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Frank wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:01 pm From what I just read Vincent and Bennie Aloi were Orenas underboss and consiglieri. Cant remember which one represented the Orena faction in I want to say a Commision meeting.Barney Bellomo told him and Andy Russo to go into a room and dont come out till you have an agreement.
What were you reading? Sounds interesting do you have a link?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:30 am
Frank wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:01 pm From what I just read Vincent and Bennie Aloi were Orenas underboss and consiglieri. Cant remember which one represented the Orena faction in I want to say a Commision meeting.Barney Bellomo told him and Andy Russo to go into a room and dont come out till you have an agreement.
What were you reading? Sounds interesting do you have a link?
I'll look for it, its from thread on here from a year or 2 ago. Sal Vitales testimony.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Unrelated but I remember reading one of Villain’s profiles about how a teenage boy who later became a heavyweight in the Outfit (Nicoletti maybe?) killed his father at the age of 14 (give or take)