Suspected/possible Chicago Hits

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: Suspected/possible Chicago Hits

Post by Patrickgold »

Here is an article that Kass wrote about Outfit murders that were never listed as that

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicag ... y,amp.html
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 am Also, the Dhamer killing happened around the same time of the Zizzo disappeared. We all know Sal Cataudello was a Sarno loyalist. I wonder if this was an attempted retaliation for Zizzo being killed that obviously went wrong.
This is my suspicion as well. Dahmer was killed about 3 months after Zizzo disappeared.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

What is the source for LaValley being dead? I've heard that multiple times but was told he was shot - never knew if it was BS or not.

I believe Dhamer was living in Park Ridge a few years after Cuatadella had moved out of Park Ridge down to westchester. These guys also wouldn't do a hit in front of a house that wouldn't fit the profile of an Outfit hit since the 1970s - but that said, you never know they are criminals.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Just remembered Senese was also shot in front of his house in the early 90s I believe - so maybe I'm wrong about Dhamer.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:05 am What is the source for LaValley being dead? I've heard that multiple times but was told he was shot - never knew if it was BS or not.

I believe Dhamer was living in Park Ridge a few years after Cuatadella had moved out of Park Ridge down to westchester. These guys also wouldn't do a hit in front of a house that wouldn't fit the profile of an Outfit hit since the 1970s - but that said, you never know they are criminals.
I think Fosco mentioned something about LaValley being killed. LaValley did seem like the type of scumbag that would renege on agreements and go back to crime in a different city and wind up getting killed. I haven't seen anything else about it but maybe he was under an assumed name. Fosco knows enough people in the area that it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for word to get back through family or something that LaValley was dead. Maybe Antilliar has seen something?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 am
SolarSolano wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:05 am What is the source for LaValley being dead? I've heard that multiple times but was told he was shot - never knew if it was BS or not.

I think Fosco mentioned something about LaValley being killed. LaValley did seem like the type of scumbag that would renege on agreements and go back to crime in a different city and wind up getting killed. I haven't seen anything else about it but maybe he was under an assumed name. Fosco knows enough people in the area that it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for word to get back through family or something that LaValley was dead. Maybe Antilliar has seen something?
Fosco claimed in 2010 that LaValley had been murdered in 2009 but didn't go into further detail. Not sure if he mentioned this at another time or elaborated on it.

Also, anyone know if LaValley was Italian at all? Fosco believed that he was French/Irish, but I once met a LaValley in Chicago who claimed to be Sicilian (and I suspect was related to Jimmy), so I wonder if the surname was Anglicized from the original Italian. Having said that, my impression is that it's not unusual for some of these guys who hang around Outfit circles to claim to be Italian or at least "menzas".
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:20 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 am

Fosco claimed in 2010 that LaValley had been murdered in 2009 but didn't go into further detail. Not sure if he mentioned this at another time or elaborated on it.

Also, anyone know if LaValley was Italian at all? Fosco believed that he was French/Irish, but I once met a LaValley in Chicago who claimed to be Sicilian (and I suspect was related to Jimmy), so I wonder if the surname was Anglicized from the original Italian. Having said that, my impression is that it's not unusual for some of these guys who hang around Outfit circles to claim to be Italian or at least "menzas".
I'm not sure if he was or not. "Lavalle" is French so perhaps he stylized the spelling to make it sound Italian?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Always thought he was Italian with anglicized name. According to Herion's book one his nicknames or aliases was "Angelo", obviously doesn't prove much. I knew a guy who was 100 percent italian who anglicized his name to LaSaker...so certainly possible.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Looks like the Catalano and DeFilippis families have continued to actively pursue justice for their sons, to no avail. Just looking through some of the rumored connections that surfaced, according to friends and family of these guys. There was a claim that Tony Catalano was associated with "Jason and Nicky from Desplaines" before his disappearance. I wonder if these would've been brothers Jason and Nick Nitti, as I see that they have a bunch of apparent family connections in Desplaines. Other names that have surfaced as rumored connections are Joe Messino, Tony DeMonte (said to have been a drug dealer), Nick Rada, and Mike Bertucci. Allegations that Catalano and DeFilippis were involved in several criminal rings, including drugs, fencing stolen goods, bookmaking, poker games, and robberies. Like I said, rumors, but just thought it was worth reporting for consideration.

Some people definitely seem to believe that the Catalano and DeFilippis hits were connected somehow (something about poker game or bookie robberies) to the 2011 double murder at the Horseshoe Inn in Schiller Park (owner George Markopoulos and employee Wendy Bonder, mentioned in earlier posts here). Given that the Feds seem to have believed that Steve Mandell was involved in the apparent Giacomo Ruggirello murder in 2012, which involved a fire, I've wondered if he may have done the Horsehoe Inn thing as well, as the bar was torched after the victims were beaten to death.