Pippo Bono wedding

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Pippo Bono wedding

Post by felice »

perfect :D
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

felice wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:50 pm great work B.! yes a guy similar to the one you listed as Gaetano Alessi seems to have been listed by the FBI as Thomas Gambino.
yes the bald guy is in another pic with Gaspare Cuntrera, makes me think he's a Bonanno of the canadian decina or one of the sicilians.
and yes! that's who he's! I was 100% sure I have already seen that guy, he's just the father of a well known face.
perhaps the bald guy sitting ahead Restivo is his father Biagio
In the photo with Cuntrera, the bald guy looks like he wandered over to that table for the photo, while he is sitting down at the table with the Bonanno members which means he was probably seated with them. All of the guys standing are from the Middle Village / Ridgewood / Bushwick area, so I would guess that table was primarily from that area.

I've wondered if Pino D'Aguanno might have been in attendance given he was a "zip" with the Catalano crew. His age would fit a couple of the guys seated in that photo with Restivo and Grimaldi but I've never seen him. Giuseppe Grimaldi was alive I believe but I've seen a photo of him and I don't see him in the photos.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

felice wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:51 pm Image
Thanks!

Someone on the RD said one of these guys (I believe the fat one) was a NJ contractor named Larry Corbo. Records show there was a Larry Corbo in Belleville, where Frank Polizzi (pictured on the far-right) also lived.

Very curious about the various guys at this table because of Polizzi. Is it another DeCavalcante table? Or just various Belleville / NJ guys? Polizzi's close SGI paesani Giuseppe Ganci and Tony Riela were with the Bonanno family (Ganci was Sicilian mafia, but was "affiliated" with the Bonannos) and you would expect Polizzi to be seated with them, yet he is not.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

moneyman wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:41 am
newera_212 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:25 pm yeah definitely not rabito. i dont think rabito was that old at the time of that wedding. there is another pic of rabito floating around from a couple years before and he looks a lot different.

would love to know more about louis restivo. i know he was a queens guy, or lived in queens at least. any relation to the Restivo’s restaurant in Chelsea on 7th ave? he was close to Massino? massino trusted him enough to hold that “commission” meeting at his house
Restivo is an interesting Bonnano member for sure.

Restivo was partners with Massino at the Casablanca up until Massino flipped I believe, so they must have been fairly close. In the late 70's he was under Catalano. He's then upped sometime in the 80s as he was a Capo in 1991 and headed the Bushwick-Ridgewood crew. He attended Rastelli's wake in 1991. When Massino got out of jail in 1992 he knocked Restivo down for trying to move in on Francesco Navarra's gambling operation and Massino promoted Anthony Urso to captain as replacement. He must have shifted crews as he was a soldier and part of Cammarano's Sr crew in 2002, but then indicted as a captain in 2004 for the Anthony Tomasulo murder.

I doubt he has any relationship with Resitvo's restaurant. He was reportedly suffering from very bad health in 2005 during sentencing for the Tomasulo murder. It's likely that he's passed away. I found an obit from a funeral home in Queens for a Louis Resitivo who died in 2015..

https://hillebrandfuneralhomes.com/book ... ituary.php
awesome info, thank you.

that funeral home is a walking distance from where he used to live. he had a real nice house in the “crescent streets” section of Rego Park. nicest part of that neighborhood and one of the nicer parts of queens in general
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Cheech wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:00 am hottest broad was this little number
I believe that's John "Jack" Mirabile standing next to Amato.
stevan tod
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by stevan tod »

felice wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:50 pm
B. wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:34 pm I'm not positive it's Gaetano Alessi, though he looks like a photo I saw of Alessi and it appears to be an NJ table. Didn't you find some info identifying him as someone named Thomas Gambino? Since I was wrong about John Palazzolo in the Catalano pic I doubt some of my guesses.

The bald guy on the bottom right of the first photo also appears at a different table in another photo. Looks familiar. Seems to be a Bonanno.

I think we finally figured out Giovanni Ligammari is the smiling one with the grey hair standing on the left in the light grey suit. One of the Canadian books says he is at that table wearing a red tie and one of the researchers on here was able to ID him from FBI reports where an informant or witness was shown the photos, if I remember right.

When Bronx said "Willie B", he might mean Vito Badamo Sr. He was known as Willie and with the Bonannos. The Badamos are Castellammarese.

Re: Louis Restivo, his father Biagio was an earlier member and captain for a time. Like the Grimaldis from Santa Ninfa, the Restivos also ran a bakery and were from the neighboring village Partanna.

Can you re-post the photo with Frank Polizzi? He was close to Giuseppe Ganci and Polizzi also married a Ganci when he came to the US.

Good to see you Felice. These pictures are such a resource.
great work B.! yes a guy similar to the one you listed as Gaetano Alessi seems to have been listed by the FBI as Thomas Gambino.
yes the bald guy is in another pic with Gaspare Cuntrera, makes me think he's a Bonanno of the canadian decina or one of the sicilians.
and yes! that's who he's! I was 100% sure I have already seen that guy, he's just the father of a well known face.
perhaps the bald guy sitting ahead Restivo is his father Biagio
This photograph came from heavy redacted document regarding Bonanno family.Also there is no name labeled.But this guy could be Willie B.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

That does resemble the guy with the mustache and glasses, but I believe Bronx was referring to the guy next to him, between that guy and Frank Bonomo. Vito "Willie" Badamo would have been close to 50-years-old at the time, so closer in age to the one in the middle too.
stevan tod
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by stevan tod »

B. wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:43 am That does resemble the guy with the mustache and glasses, but I believe Bronx was referring to the guy next to him, between that guy and Frank Bonomo. Vito "Willie" Badamo would have been close to 50-years-old at the time, so closer in age to the one in the middle too.
Thanks for answering.i see now.He say guy between guys with glasses.Iam trying to get an ID on this guy with mustache.expecting more on Bonannos from 70s.i will post later two more mugshots of Presenzano never seen before and one more photo of Carmine Consalvo taken at some party.Giusepe Turano comin up these days...
cobra
Straightened out

Post by cobra »

felice wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:22 am Image

pretty sure we have Anthony Riela here, 1st guy on the right could be Anthony Rabito.
B. identified as Gaetano Alessi the guy behind Riela
-first standing on right andrea riela - 100%
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

cobra wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:46 am
felice wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:22 am Image

pretty sure we have Anthony Riela here, 1st guy on the right could be Anthony Rabito.
B. identified as Gaetano Alessi the guy behind Riela
-first standing on right andrea riela - 100%
I thought Anthony Riela was the older guy sitting on the right...
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Andrea Riela is the name of Tony's son. He's saying the son is standing on the right.
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

Oh man I apologize, I read his description completely wrong. Fully agree with his identification of Andrea Riela. I jumped the gun as soon as I saw the old man.
cobra
Straightened out

Post by cobra »

-he is holding his mamma's hand.
-she is giuseppina la milia b.1905/4/25 d. 2002/11/22
-anthony riela b. 1897/8/5 d. 1992/6/21
-anthony riela married giuseppina la milia 1921/9/3
-andrea riela b. 1922/9/5 d. 2002/1/18
-sitted next anthony riela looks his grandson dr a riela.
-if dr is sitted there then andrea's other son and daughter are man and woman younger standing or sitted
-it will be highly rude to invite only some of andrea's family and it will be highly rude for whole family not attend if is no good excuse
-sitted first left: concetta lo re b.1925/1/14 d. 2014/10/17
-andrea riela married concetta lo re 1950
-no comment on man and woman standing in middle
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

great info, Cobra, thank you
cobra
Straightened out

Post by cobra »