Philadelphia's Boston Crew

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Philadelphia's Boston Crew

Post by B. »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:18 pm
B. wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:52 pm Glad to see you've come around on this one. I remember you giving immense pushback years ago when that article came out saying NYC families were re-establishing their ties to Sicily. This was years before we had public info to substantiate it, but I'm glad to see that you've changed your tune. I mean that sincerely, as I appreciate that you opened your mind once the info came out substantiating modern NYC->Sicily connections.
Mmm...I wouldn't go too far with that. You were making a comparison and, comparably speaking, I find a lot of things more believable than Philly having a crew in New England today. Also, if I remember correctly, I was skeptical of what some believed those re-established connections would lead to.
It's led to the Gambino administration being primarily Sicilian with close ties to Palermo mafia bosses, the Bonanno acting boss sending a member overseas to meet with a Sicilian boss, and slot machine partnerships in New York, Canada, and potentially elsewhere. Plus those sweet, sweet indictments.

But Philadelphia trying to give a push to their existing New England interests is unfathomable. During Shawn Vetere's visit to South Philadelphia he told Borgesi, "Listen, George. I like you a lot as a friend, but not a 'friend of ours.' When I visit, I want to make it clear that my mafia membership has nothing to do with it. I just enjoy hanging out with you and talking baseball. Okay?"
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Didn't Scott say the detroit mob ran a big percentage of the drug trade in detroit not even that long ago
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

TommyGambino wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:11 pm Didn't Scott say the detroit mob ran a big percentage of the drug trade in detroit not even that long ago

Yeah that they ran 1/4 of the drug trade in Detroit not even 10 years ago. That is of course just silly. As Wiseguy pointed out neither the DEA nor the Michigan state reports covering drug trafficking in Michigan even mention LCN.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

B. wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:28 pmIt's led to the Gambino administration being primarily Sicilian with close ties to Palermo mafia bosses, the Bonanno acting boss sending a member overseas to meet with a Sicilian boss, and slot machine partnerships in New York, Canada, and potentially elsewhere. Plus those sweet, sweet indictments.

But Philadelphia trying to give a push to their existing New England interests is unfathomable. During Shawn Vetere's visit to South Philadelphia he told Borgesi, "Listen, George. I like you a lot as a friend, but not a 'friend of ours.' When I visit, I want to make it clear that my mafia membership has nothing to do with it. I just enjoy hanging out with you and talking baseball. Okay?"
First, you trying to draw parallels between New York and any other family is where the problem starts.

Second, since Operation Old Bridge in 2008, there's been two indictments with a Sicilian Mafia connection. One in late 2009/early 2010 that involved a Gambino soldier representing a Sicilian mob associate in a sit-down with the Colombos in Florida. The other last year involving Thomas Gambino and others, which I assume is the video poker you're referring to. I've always believed there was still ties and even joint business interests between the two. What never rang true to me was the idea that things were being reestablished on the level of the old French or Pizza Connections.

Third, since 2008, while we've seen Sicilian guys like Dom Cefalu, Joseph Gambino, and Frank Cali in leadership positions, we've also continued to see Americans like Danny Marino, Bobby Vernace, Joseph Corozzo, Sonny Juliano and Michael Paradiso.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:30 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:11 pm Didn't Scott say the detroit mob ran a big percentage of the drug trade in detroit not even that long ago

Yeah that they ran 1/4 of the drug trade in Detroit not even 10 years ago. That is of course just silly. As Wiseguy pointed neither DEA nor the Michigan state reports covering drug trafficking in Michigan even mention LCN.

Pogo
Another ridiculous claim.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Frank Cali was also an American.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I'll take the blame for the Sicilian mafia tangent in a thread about the Philly family's thriving Boston faction but I can't stop now...
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:21 pm First, you trying to draw parallels between New York and any other family is where the problem starts.
Drawing parallels between active mafia organizations who maintain ties to each other isn't a problem, it's how we understand the overall organization they're part of. They like to network and expand their interests... so they network and (try to) expand their interests.

--

From the Sicilian investigations:

- It came out of the recent Accursio Dimino investigation that the Sciacca family in Sicily had slot machines in NYC through a Sicilian Bonanno associate and this was part of an international operation involving multiple Sicilian families and N.American mafia contacts in NYC and Montreal. The same Sicilian Bonanno associate was surveilled in 2013 at a Bonanno social club with many Bonanno leaders (acting boss Tommy DiFiore, capodecina Vincent Asaro, acting capodecina John Spirito Jr., etc.).

- It came out of the recent Castellammare case that a Bonanno boss "Joe" (Cammarano?) sent a Bonanno soldier to ask the Castellammare boss Francesco Domingo for a favor. Domingo's brother travels between the US and Sicily as a liaison. Another Bonanno soldier arranged a meeting with Domingo for another issue. The investigation also showed that the Bonanno members were arranging contact with mafiosi in Alcamo and had some contact with Sciacca boss Accursio Dimino, mentioned above for his Bonanno ties. One of those arrested with Domingo was a US-based Sicilian mafa figure who had earlier traveled to Sicily with Sal Montagna's brother.

- Frank Cali was born in America but was named in discussions between two Palermo mafia bosses as their main man in the US. He's a relative and product of the Sicilian Gambino clan and served a very "Sicilian-American" role between the groups. To simply call him an American is dismissive of his role. The recent arrest that included Joe's son Tommy Gambino also included the boss of Passo di Rigano, an Inzerillo related to the Sicilian figures in the Gambinos.

Point being, those initial rumors of NYC families restoring Sicilian ties have developed into evidence of significant networking between NYC and Sicily that not even I would have expected five years ago, let alone 10+. You weren't the only one giving major pushback to the article at that time, so I'm not trying to single you out, but I'm glad to see you've accepted the evidence that certain NYC and Sicilian families have strengthened ties. It's big of you to walk back some of those earlier hardline opinions, which admittedly were a long time ago now.

--

Where this gets back to Philly-Boston is that they have a made member in Boston who visits South Philly and maintains ties to the Borgesis. It wouldn't be a major leap to think that South Philly might try to gain more momentum in Boston through their made member(s) who lives there. I'm reserving judgment on these references to a captain and new members in Rhode Island, but it's not difficult for me to believe Philly would give their New England interests another push.

It's more believable to me that Philly would make another go in NE than it is that the Bonannos would have direct contact with bosses in Sicily after their own boss flipped, yet the latter happened. A new Philly-Boston angle is completely within the realm of possibility.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Was Vernace born in Italy?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:25 am Thanks to Stroccos for sending me these.

According to Previte, Luisi tells him that Shawn Vetere and Paul Pepparcelli(sp) are members. In other documents Robert Gentile is also described as a member.

In previous conversations I've expressed my doubts that the Boston crew was very large, mostly after watching the John and Gene show with Luisi which featured Paul Tanso sitting there who said nothing. There was another show featuring him that showed him as a former homeless ex-con trying to salvage his life... As per here, he was listed as made and I just find that very doubtful. I'm not out to rewrite history or inject my own opinions as factual, but who do we have confirmed 100% from official sources as to who was made up there? Many thought Sonny Mazzone was made ten years ago and it turns out it was relatively recent, which should serve as a reminder that outsiders' perspectives- including my own- are very limited.

bostonphilimadeguys.PNG
bostonphilimadeguys2.PNG
bostonphilimadeguys3.PNG
My first thought of Paul after watching that homeless doc...was that he was GAY ! lol Until that girl he was dating was interviewed ! lol
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Luisi is full of hot air. Not surprising he would say that Philly in Boston is more powerful than the Patriarca's. Think he has an axe to grind considering they wouldn't make him?
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

Not trying to derail this thread, but since more of my reporting is being disparaged lol.....Detroit LCN still playa a role in SE Michigan narcotics affairs, obviously not to the extend it did in the "Heroin Super Highway" days of Papa John and Jimmy Q in the 50s, 60s and 70s, but they have a presence no doubt. Johnny Sciorotta just took a coke bust last year. The D'Anna brothers have a big heroin business (ALLEGEDLY) on the eastside and the Giacalones and Corrados have interests in Detroit proper and the suburbs. The marijuana legalization a few years ago has actually ramped up Det LCN drug activity. The fact that up until recently boss Jackie Giacalone was using Pete "Gotti" Tocco (allegedly a major drug guy) as his driver and messenger tells you a lot.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

scott22 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:14 pm Not trying to derail this thread, but since more of my reporting is being disparaged lol.....Detroit LCN still playa a role in SE Michigan narcotics affairs, obviously not to the extend it did in the "Heroin Super Highway" days of Papa John and Jimmy Q in the 50s, 60s and 70s, but they have a presence no doubt. Johnny Sciorotta just took a coke bust last year. The D'Anna brothers have a big heroin business (ALLEGEDLY) on the eastside and the Giacalones and Corrados have interests in Detroit proper and the suburbs. The marijuana legalization a few years ago has actually ramped up Det LCN drug activity. The fact that up until recently boss Jackie Giacalone was using Pete "Gotti" Tocco (allegedly a major drug guy) as his driver and messenger tells you a lot.
25% you said, absolute nonsense
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

And the John Sciarotta coke bust was not an LCN operation. According to the indictment the leader of ring (small time to begin with) was a Latino and LCN is not even mentioned.

Pogo
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

scott22 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:14 pm Not trying to derail this thread, but since more of my reporting is being disparaged lol.....Detroit LCN still playa a role in SE Michigan narcotics affairs, obviously not to the extend it did in the "Heroin Super Highway" days of Papa John and Jimmy Q in the 50s, 60s and 70s, but they have a presence no doubt. Johnny Sciorotta just took a coke bust last year. The D'Anna brothers have a big heroin business (ALLEGEDLY) on the eastside and the Giacalones and Corrados have interests in Detroit proper and the suburbs. The marijuana legalization a few years ago has actually ramped up Det LCN drug activity. The fact that up until recently boss Jackie Giacalone was using Pete "Gotti" Tocco (allegedly a major drug guy) as his driver and messenger tells you a lot.
Scott i have seen in cleveland that the underground poker games and some other gambling have sprung back to life this year since the covid shut downs, Have you heard about this happening in detroit / michigan also ? i would asusme the detroit crew would get in on the action
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

So long as the podcast title with Luisi has “boss” in it, I’m skipping it. It’s funny too because Alite will be the first to say titles dont matter, and when you’re on the street no one cares about titles, etc... if that were the case there is no need to advertise a guy who ran a little satellite crew as a “Mafia Boss” IMO. It reads disingenuous. Now all of a sudden Arilotta is a boss too and all of a sudden no one was sending money back to the host cities. New York and Philly legitimized you, went to the trouble of legitimizing you, making you, having you fly the flag...only to be okay with getting no money sent back? Especially Merlino and his South Philly softball team friends, the most money hungry guys on earth? sure...
nakedturtle
Prospect

Post by nakedturtle »

In that podcast, Luisi says his agreement was to only be with the Philly family for two years then he'd get "his own family." Uhh what? lmao