Casso Died on Tuesday

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mustangsally
Straightened out

Re: Casso Died on Tuesday

Post by Mustangsally »

aleksandrored wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:42 am
Mustangsally wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:24 am I hope he felt like the kid he buried alive
He did that?
Yep. It was the son of his marijuana business partner I believe. Sick fuck he was.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Mustangsally wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:59 am
aleksandrored wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:42 am
Mustangsally wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:24 am I hope he felt like the kid he buried alive
He did that?
Yep. It was the son of his marijuana business partner I believe. Sick fuck he was.
Casso was the demon.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Ivan wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:55 pm
B. wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:44 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:22 pm I feel pretty confident saying that had Casso been born and grew up where organized crime isn’t a part of daily life, say Charlotte or Raleigh, he *still* woulda wound up a deranged serial killer. The guy clearly had several screws loose. In his 60 Min interview, he broke down crying when he talked about his family, and Ed Bradley was like “I see you get emotional when you talk about your family. Have you ever thought about the families of all the people you hurt or killed?”......and you could tell the concept just didn’t register with them. He was just like “well I didn’t know them”, as if you have to personally know someone to feel the most basic elemental emotions of being a human.
I'm 99.9% desensitized to "true crime", but I leave that .1% because Casso's eyes in that interview deeply disturbed me. Like a predatory animal in captivity, but worse.
"I did 40 years on the streets with the worst fucking people. On a handshake, we kept our word. A handshake, with the fucking government? Forget about it."

One of my, uh, favorite mob quotes in that interview. He was also responsible for the memorable quote "Whack Jersey. They're creeps."

Requiescat in pace... I guess. :|
Casso doesn’t deserve a single ounce of sympathy but I do think it’s interesting who the govt chooses who should have their deal revoked. Pedro and Junior Flores were the biggest drug dealers in America in the early 2000s. They were the primary contact for both the Sinaloa and Beltran-Leyva cartels. I think they confessed to importing over 100 tons of cocaine. But they did a ton of shady shit after they cooperated. They quarterbacked like a 50 kilo heroin shipment, they were bribing prison guards. They were moving $$ around. They did all kinds of shit. But since their testimony and the phone call they recorded essentially put El Chapo away, the judge only added 2 years to their original 12 year sentence, most of which they had already served. But then you look at someone like Jorge Rivera, who was Griselda Blanco’s top hitman in Miami in the early 80s. This guy killed dozens of people. But they let him make a deal and only chose to renege on it when they caught him having phone sex with someone that worked at the Miami-Dade courthouse.
Mustangsally
Straightened out

Post by Mustangsally »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:03 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:55 pm
B. wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:44 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:22 pm I feel pretty confident saying that had Casso been born and grew up where organized crime isn’t a part of daily life, say Charlotte or Raleigh, he *still* woulda wound up a deranged serial killer. The guy clearly had several screws loose. In his 60 Min interview, he broke down crying when he talked about his family, and Ed Bradley was like “I see you get emotional when you talk about your family. Have you ever thought about the families of all the people you hurt or killed?”......and you could tell the concept just didn’t register with them. He was just like “well I didn’t know them”, as if you have to personally know someone to feel the most basic elemental emotions of being a human.
I'm 99.9% desensitized to "true crime", but I leave that .1% because Casso's eyes in that interview deeply disturbed me. Like a predatory animal in captivity, but worse.
"I did 40 years on the streets with the worst fucking people. On a handshake, we kept our word. A handshake, with the fucking government? Forget about it."

One of my, uh, favorite mob quotes in that interview. He was also responsible for the memorable quote "Whack Jersey. They're creeps."

Requiescat in pace... I guess. :|
Casso doesn’t deserve a single ounce of sympathy but I do think it’s interesting who the govt chooses who should have their deal revoked. Pedro and Junior Flores were the biggest drug dealers in America in the early 2000s. They were the primary contact for both the Sinaloa and Beltran-Leyva cartels. I think they confessed to importing over 100 tons of cocaine. But they did a ton of shady shit after they cooperated. They quarterbacked like a 50 kilo heroin shipment, they were bribing prison guards. They were moving $$ around. They did all kinds of shit. But since their testimony and the phone call they recorded essentially put El Chapo away, the judge only added 2 years to their original 12 year sentence, most of which they had already served. But then you look at someone like Jorge Rivera, who was Griselda Blanco’s top hitman in Miami in the early 80s. This guy killed dozens of people. But they let him make a deal and only chose to renege on it when they caught him having phone sex with someone that worked at the Miami-Dade courthouse.
Casso would never have worked out as a govt witness and the DOJ knew it. Imagine putting that sicko in front of a jury as he lies his ass off, and is annihilated on cross. Even on the 60 minutes interview, he comes off as despicable when you know he's really trying not to. No jury would listen to that creep, imo.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Jorge Rivera said he would kill kids as well as the parents - fuck him.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Actually I believe he spared the kids.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

He tried to shoot someone and didn’t know their infant child was in the back seat. The child got hit and the guy survived. Rivera said he never would’ve intentionally shot a child, but he said Griselda Blanco didn’t give a shit the child was killed. She was a real vile twat.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:29 pm He tried to shoot someone and didn’t know their infant child was in the back seat. The child got hit and the guy survived. Rivera said he never would’ve intentionally shot a child, but he said Griselda Blanco didn’t give a shit the child was killed. She was a real vile twat.
She met the end she deserved.
All roads lead to New York.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

I wonder if people would give Casso this hate if he never cooperated.Roy demeo was more evil than casso and he doesnt get as much hate
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

bluehouse wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:53 am I wonder if people would give Casso this hate if he never cooperated.Roy demeo was more evil than casso and he doesnt get as much hate
This. I have been thinking the same thing. He’s obviously a scumbag and should be judged as such, but I wonder if the same people who idolize “stand up guys” would feel the same if Casso hadn’t cooperated.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Did he have a wake n funeral. Read his daughter the one that's married to a genovese guy was gonna care for him if he got released
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

bluehouse wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:53 am I wonder if people would give Casso this hate if he never cooperated.Roy demeo was more evil than casso and he doesnt get as much hate

Both were sick fucks. Honestly I could care less if a mobster flips or not. They’re all scumbags
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

jmack wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:20 am
This. I have been thinking the same thing. He’s obviously a scumbag and should be judged as such, but I wonder if the same people who idolize “stand up guys” would feel the same if Casso hadn’t cooperated.
Yup.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Cooperators getting hate is understandable. I think it was pizza boy who summed it up.
Everybody hates a crooked cop or an dishonest criminal. If you’re going to be a cop, be a cop, likewise if you’re going to be a criminal, be a criminal. But don’t pretend to be a cop whilst being a scumbag and don’t pretend to be a criminal whilst talking to the cops.

Something like that. You get the point.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:39 pm Cooperators getting hate is understandable. I think it was pizza boy who summed it up.
Everybody hates a crooked cop or an dishonest criminal. If you’re going to be a cop, be a cop, likewise if you’re going to be a criminal, be a criminal. But don’t pretend to be a cop whilst being a scumbag and don’t pretend to be a criminal whilst talking to the cops.

Something like that. You get the point.
I get the self-serving hypocrisy rubs people the wrong way but, at the end of the day, what's worse? Casso's life of crime (including 36 murders) or the fact he flipped?