Philadelphia's Boston Crew

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Philadelphia's Boston Crew

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:16 pm I used my contacts to reach out to some people (ie I dm'd John Alite on Facebook) asking about Tanso's status. Worst he can do is not respond. Cheech, if you're still in touch with Gene would you consider asking him?

Again, I have no agenda in this but the truth. I took it at face value that he was a member based on what was said here. But with that interview-
1 They didn't ID him as being made, you'd think they would.
2 If he was made, what's he doing attending an interview with 4 informants? That's just not something a member, even a retired one, would do.

I think Philadelphia deserves a re-evaluation. Much of our beliefs stem from Anastasia and his last two books- Goodfella Tapes and Last Gangster really carried a strong narrative that may not be the entire picture or completely accurate. Stanfa was made out to be an "old-world Don" in contrast with "Young Turk" Merlino and that appears to be an over-dramatization. Just because someone was born in Sicily and speaks broken English doesn't make them old-school and again, Stanfa was in the US for 20-30 years before becoming boss. It's not like he moved from Caccamo to take over.

Merlino with all of his partying and whatnot, appears to have been a traditional boss in regards to organizational protocol, more so than Stanfa. They don't seem to "make anybody and everybody" contrary to popular belief.
I mean to a certain extent he pulled a Michael Franzese....
but retired now revered .... almost same as franz. But I thought he flipped n that's why he was on the show (Luisi)

These podcasts are hot rn.
IM MAKING MONEY OFF THEM EVEN!

That's why u see so many now. Sammy bull has em 2 a week almost.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Luisi isn't the guy in question. Tanso was the guy with Luisi.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:25 am Thanks to Stroccos for sending me these.

According to Previte, Luisi tells him that Shawn Vetere and Paul Pepparcelli(sp) are members. In other documents Robert Gentile is also described as a member.

In previous conversations I've expressed my doubts that the Boston crew was very large, mostly after watching the John and Gene show with Luisi which featured Paul Tanso sitting there who said nothing. There was another show featuring him that showed him as a former homeless ex-con trying to salvage his life... As per here, he was listed as made and I just find that very doubtful. I'm not out to rewrite history or inject my own opinions as factual, but who do we have confirmed 100% from official sources as to who was made up there? Many thought Sonny Mazzone was made ten years ago and it turns out it was relatively recent, which should serve as a reminder that outsiders' perspectives- including my own- are very limited.

bostonphilimadeguys.PNG
bostonphilimadeguys2.PNG
bostonphilimadeguys3.PNG
Where can I find these docs??
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:16 pm I used my contacts to reach out to some people (ie I dm'd John Alite on Facebook) asking about Tanso's status. Worst he can do is not respond. Cheech, if you're still in touch with Gene would you consider asking him?

Again, I have no agenda in this but the truth. I took it at face value that he was a member based on what was said here. But with that interview-
2 If he was made, what's he doing attending an interview with 4 informants? That's just not something a member, even a retired one, would do.

I think Philadelphia deserves a re-evaluation. Much of our beliefs stem from Anastasia and his last two books- Goodfella Tapes and Last Gangster really carried a strong narrative that may not be the entire picture or completely accurate. Stanfa was made out to be an "old-world Don" in contrast with "Young Turk" Merlino and that appears to be an over-dramatization. Just because someone was born in Sicily and speaks broken English doesn't make them old-school and again, Stanfa was in the US for 20-30 years before becoming boss. It's not like he moved from Caccamo to take over.

Merlino with all of his partying and whatnot, appears to have been a traditional boss in regards to organizational protocol, more so than Stanfa. They don't seem to "make anybody and everybody" contrary to popular belief.
apparently we can add one more to the list Tommy Caruso

1. in there own podcast show they said Tanso was a solider
2. if we are to beleive tanso was made , he was only made because he was loyal to luisi lifelong friend of him and his family,

Merlino a boss who follows protocol ? yeah maybe after he got out of prison , but this is the 90s merlino i find it very plasubile he sold those buttons for the money
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Luisi's beginning to change his story. First it was six guys, now it's those six and this Tommy Caruso
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:39 am Luisi's beginning to change his story. First it was six guys, now it's those six and this Tommy Caruso
He’s not changing his story per say . He was only confirming stuff he never really gave any info.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

He did tell GA it was 6 guys under him who got made
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

https://youtu.be/-bUKH_zpswg

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. Apologies if it has been.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Sit down with Luisi Tanso and Arillotta. Not the J&G one it’s new.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Stroccos wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:13 am

2. if we are to beleive tanso was made , he was only made because he was loyal to luisi lifelong friend of him and his family,

Merlino a boss who follows protocol ? yeah maybe after he got out of prison , but this is the 90s merlino i find it very plasubile he sold those buttons for the money
1 I heard "they" said he was a soldier and apparently I missed that. I'll have to rewatch it. Maybe I missed it and it'll change my perspective.
2 That likely would be why Tanso was made if he was.

*1 There's a hierarchy of sources combined with formal and informal terminology. Remember the Cleveland associate who was the #2 for a made member who identified himself as so&so's 'underboss.' We know that he was speaking informally and that a soldier does have an underboss within the mafia organization and its ranking system. We've had similar non-members refer to themselves as loyal soldiers despite not being made.
*2 That's generally not a reason to make someone although it has happened due to internal politics or the leadership liking someone.

Merlino's 1995-2000 Philly didn't have alot of making ceremonies in Philly at that time, it was between 5-10 new members during that 5 year period. It could have happened but it just seems odd to me that Philly beefed up its membership in Boston (with people they don't know) rather than Phila. itself. I looked at the FBI reports and it listed 3 members in Boston including the captain and that's what caused me to raise the question asking for additional proof of these other so-called members.

Merlino, his personal antics aside, past or present, I really haven't seen anything that shows he violated internal protocol. Perhaps making Natale as a soldier who then promoted himself to boss but for all we know, the Genoveses may have given the ok for that. Apart from the Luccheses, NY seems to recognize and accept Philadelphia which, if Merlino was that much of a rule-breaking disorderly LCN member, seems like they wouldn't.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

mike68 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:03 am https://carmensunion589.org/2013/12/eas ... us-window/

This Tommy Caruso?? Yeesh!
If people wish to go with the narrative that Philadelphia "is the most disorganized crime family in America" and that Merlino is a good looking clown than anyone would believe that. You look deeper and you see, beyond Anastasia's narrative, there was LCN protocol and tradition carrying on as always. At least in my opinion and again, I'm no Merlino fan-boy.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Oh yeah, that DM to Alite- he seen it but didn't respond to me. Wonk wonk wonk.

Cheech, it's on you buddy.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:19 am
Stroccos wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:13 am

1 I heard "they" said he was a soldier and apparently I missed that. I'll have to rewatch it. Maybe I missed it and it'll change my perspective.
2 That likely would be why Tanso was made if he was.

*1 There's a hierarchy of sources combined with formal and informal terminology. Remember the Cleveland associate who was the #2 for a made member who identified himself as so&so's 'underboss.' We know that he was speaking informally and that a soldier does have an underboss within the mafia organization and its ranking system. We've had similar non-members refer to themselves as loyal soldiers despite not being made.
*2 That's generally not a reason to make someone although it has happened due to internal politics or the leadership liking someone.

Merlino's 1995-2000 Philly didn't have alot of making ceremonies in Philly at that time, it was between 5-10 new members during that 5 year period. It could have happened but it just seems odd to me that Philly beefed up its membership in Boston (with people they don't know) rather than Phila. itself. I looked at the FBI reports and it listed 3 members in Boston including the captain and that's what caused me to raise the question asking for additional proof of these other so-called members.

Merlino, his personal antics aside, past or present, I really haven't seen anything that shows he violated internal protocol. Perhaps making Natale as a soldier who then promoted himself to boss but for all we know, the Genoveses may have given the ok for that. Apart from the Luccheses, NY seems to recognize and accept Philadelphia which, if Merlino was that much of a rule-breaking disorderly LCN member, seems like they wouldn't.
Spoke to Scott Burnstein who alleges that Merlino is giving out membership, the FL guys are so they can properly represent him. So that kinda goes against what I originally asserted. It is what it is. it appears I wasn't entirely correct, I'll own it. Scott will be revealing more soon... hopefully.
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

I bet Scott really has the scoop I can't wait for his big reveal I am o,n the edge of my seat I wonder which one of his street connections he got that from...hahaha.