General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

In addition, I want to share two interesting infos...the first one is regarding Outfit member and Chicago alderman Fred Roti being the Chairman of the City Council Buildings Committee, which in fact is the key committee in Chicago that determines the height of buildings. So when Roti died in 1999, during the funeral his best friend on City Council Alderman Bernard Stone spoke on how important Fred Roti was in the history of Chicago:

"Our skyline should say 'Roti' on it...if not for Fred Roti, half the buildings in the Loop would never have been built."

The second info is regarding former First Ward alderman Don Parrillo who died this year or in March 2020 at the age of 89. Parrillo managed to write two books, with the first one named as "A society of power" and the second one "Capone may go free", both published in 2009.

To be honest, both books are half- fictional, meaning Parrillo sometimes speaks about things that simply dont add up and you can clearly tell that this guy was all about cash according to some of his own statements.

"I want a picture of me sitting in a gold throne-like chair while I'm wearing two beautiful women on each arm," he suggests as possible book cover art. "Do you realize the name Al Capone is the most famous in the entire world?" he asked. "That's why Capone has to be in the title.", referring about one of his books. But still, theres quite good portion in his projects regarding his personal life.

He was allegedly the most admittedly corrupt Chicago politician you probably never heard of. Parrillo served the First Ward from 1964 to 1968, or from the point when John D'Arco got "fired" by the Outfit, until the election of Fred Roti.

Previously or during the early 1960s, Don Parrillo owned the Oak Park-based Parr Finance company and working out of Parrillo's office, was one William "Action" Jackson who later was found dead in the trunk of his own Cadillac after being badly tortured for few days.

In 1961 the Chicago Tribune reported that known mobsters hang around Parrillo's loan office and it was also reported for Parrillo saying that there was nothing he couldve done to stop them. "I happen to be in the unfortunate position of knowing these guys," he said.

The reality was that Parrillo's father William "Billy" Parrillo was the attorney of choice for the Chicago mob's elite and passed away at age 48, while Parrillo was in his early 20s. "Ricca was like my surrogate father," he said during one interview regarding one of his books. Parrillo also offered, "I never knew Al Capone because he went to jail when I was very young, but I knew Frank Nitti pretty well."

He said that, when he was a kid, Nitto often visited his father's office and was usually accompanied by Sam Giancana. This very much corresponds with the government info that Nitto was one of Giancana's sponsors in 1939. Parrillo also stated that every now and then Giancana drove him and his brother to school as kids. "I used to call him Mr. Sam", Parrillo added. (Parrillo was probably 7 or 8 years old at the time)

"They were friends of my dad. I know them from the old neighborhood." "Three guys from my neighborhood died in the electric chair before they were 25," the old man said.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Sorry if this is already posted - wonder what this guy is up to these days:
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr/sc ... come-taxes
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Villain wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:22 am In addition, I want to share two interesting infos...the first one is regarding Outfit member and Chicago alderman Fred Roti being the Chairman of the City Council Buildings Committee, which in fact is the key committee in Chicago that determines the height of buildings. So when Roti died in 1999, during the funeral his best friend on City Council Alderman Bernard Stone spoke on how important Fred Roti was in the history of Chicago:

"Our skyline should say 'Roti' on it...if not for Fred Roti, half the buildings in the Loop would never have been built."

The second info is regarding former First Ward alderman Don Parrillo who died this year or in March 2020 at the age of 89. Parrillo managed to write two books, with the first one named as "A society of power" and the second one "Capone may go free", both published in 2009.

To be honest, both books are half- fictional, meaning Parrillo sometimes speaks about things that simply dont add up and you can clearly tell that this guy was all about cash according to some of his own statements.

"I want a picture of me sitting in a gold throne-like chair while I'm wearing two beautiful women on each arm," he suggests as possible book cover art. "Do you realize the name Al Capone is the most famous in the entire world?" he asked. "That's why Capone has to be in the title.", referring about one of his books. But still, theres quite good portion in his projects regarding his personal life.

He was allegedly the most admittedly corrupt Chicago politician you probably never heard of. Parrillo served the First Ward from 1964 to 1968, or from the point when John D'Arco got "fired" by the Outfit, until the election of Fred Roti.

Previously or during the early 1960s, Don Parrillo owned the Oak Park-based Parr Finance company and working out of Parrillo's office, was one William "Action" Jackson who later was found dead in the trunk of his own Cadillac after being badly tortured for few days.

In 1961 the Chicago Tribune reported that known mobsters hang around Parrillo's loan office and it was also reported for Parrillo saying that there was nothing he couldve done to stop them. "I happen to be in the unfortunate position of knowing these guys," he said.

The reality was that Parrillo's father William "Billy" Parrillo was the attorney of choice for the Chicago mob's elite and passed away at age 48, while Parrillo was in his early 20s. "Ricca was like my surrogate father," he said during one interview regarding one of his books. Parrillo also offered, "I never knew Al Capone because he went to jail when I was very young, but I knew Frank Nitti pretty well."

He said that, when he was a kid, Nitto often visited his father's office and was usually accompanied by Sam Giancana. This very much corresponds with the government info that Nitto was one of Giancana's sponsors in 1939. Parrillo also stated that every now and then Giancana drove him and his brother to school as kids. "I used to call him Mr. Sam", Parrillo added. (Parrillo was probably 7 or 8 years old at the time)

"They were friends of my dad. I know them from the old neighborhood." "Three guys from my neighborhood died in the electric chair before they were 25," the old man said.
Interesting that the man Paul Ricca killed in Naples was Emilio Parrillo.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:20 pm
Villain wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:22 am In addition, I want to share two interesting infos...the first one is regarding Outfit member and Chicago alderman Fred Roti being the Chairman of the City Council Buildings Committee, which in fact is the key committee in Chicago that determines the height of buildings. So when Roti died in 1999, during the funeral his best friend on City Council Alderman Bernard Stone spoke on how important Fred Roti was in the history of Chicago:

Interesting that the man Paul Ricca killed in Naples was Emilio Parrillo.
Good call. I'm thinking it's most likely an interesting coincidence, but I'm not really sure. Bill Parrillo was born 1903 in Chicago to Pasquale Parrillo and Rosa Baraglia, both of Salerno. I haven't been able to confirm anything on Emilio Parrillo (I recall that Villain has stated before that his father was a Camorra clan leader in Naples by the name of Raffaele Parrillo), so I suppose it's still possible that he had some family connection to Salerno.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

The Parrillo story in Chicago is one of the most rags to riches Outfit stories I can think of honestly. Don Parrillo's brothers Dickie and Bill opened Safeway Insurance with their father's Parr Finance money and became almost billionaires. Dickie was the main funding source of Ed Vrdolyak and was exceptionally involved in many of Governor Ryan's racketeering schemes.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

This is Dickie's house today - built from a company founded by loanshark profits:
https://chicago.curbed.com/2019/2/21/18 ... lo-mansion
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thanks Anti, Polack and Solar 8-)
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Heard that Peter DiFronzo may have died. Not gonna make a thread until there is a confirmed source.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:29 pm Heard that Peter DiFronzo may have died. Not gonna make a thread until there is a confirmed source.
Someone told me it's true. Possibly from covid.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Reposting from the Petey Difronzo thread, Re: Joey Kong.
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:29 am Joe Kong Cullota was on YouTube recently talking about his brothers death. It was in the coffee with cullota series. Look it up.
Thanks, I hadn't been watching any of these since Frank Cullotta died. Joey Cullotta is definitely the Joseph Cullotta that was busted in 1966 for robbing a Harlem Ave corner store and shooting a 12 year old kid. He was born 1946/1947, shortly before their dad Giuseppe Cullotta, Sr died in a high speed chase with the cops in Oak Park in 1947. I'll post his mugshot to the Mugshot thread. I think he's most likely the Joseph Cullotta who was involved in an armed stand off with CPD in 1980 as well.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:07 am Reposting from the Petey Difronzo thread, Re: Joey Kong.
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:29 am Joe Kong Cullota was on YouTube recently talking about his brothers death. It was in the coffee with cullota series. Look it up.
Thanks, I hadn't been watching any of these since Frank Cullotta died. Joey Cullotta is definitely the Joseph Cullotta that was busted in 1966 for robbing a Harlem Ave corner store and shooting a 12 year old kid. He was born 1946/1947, shortly before their dad Giuseppe Cullotta, Sr died in a high speed chase with the cops in Oak Park in 1947. I'll post his mugshot to the Mugshot thread. I think he's most likely the Joseph Cullotta who was involved in an armed stand off with CPD in 1980 as well.
I thought I had Joey Cullotta's mugshot, but I only have one of Frank.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Info on Joe Arnold (apologies if any of this was already posted to the forums in the past):

Big Joe Arnold was born Joseph Aranyos in New York City June 3rd 1911 to Samuel Aranyos and Fannie (nee Roth), Hungarian Jewish immigrants. Soon after the Aranyos family settled in Cleveland, where Joe and his sister Helen/Lilliane grew up.

In 1968, the Tribune ran an article that Joe Arnold was charged with abandoning his wife Pauline Aranyos and two children in Cleveland ~1956. So this would be my best guess as to when he wound up in Chicago.

Anyone know how and why Arnold ended up in Chicago and connected to the Northside Mafia? I wonder what underworld connections he may have had in Cleveland, and if he maintained contacts there during his long tenure as a major Outfit associate. He certainly seems to have had a criminal career prior to jumping ship to Chicago, as his WW2 registration card was filed from Terre Haute, IN.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:57 am Info on Joe Arnold (apologies if any of this was already posted to the forums in the past):

Big Joe Arnold was born Joseph Aranyos in New York City June 3rd 1911 to Samuel Aranyos and Fannie (nee Roth), Hungarian Jewish immigrants. Soon after the Aranyos family settled in Cleveland, where Joe and his sister Helen/Lilliane grew up.

In 1968, the Tribune ran an article that Joe Arnold was charged with abandoning his wife Pauline Aranyos and two children in Cleveland ~1956. So this would be my best guess as to when he wound up in Chicago.

Anyone know how and why Arnold ended up in Chicago and connected to the Northside Mafia? I wonder what underworld connections he may have had in Cleveland, and if he maintained contacts there during his long tenure as a major Outfit associate. He certainly seems to have had a criminal career prior to jumping ship to Chicago, as his WW2 registration card was filed from Terre Haute, IN.
Joe had Chicago addresses under aliases as early as 1948 and 1956, both on the South Side. His first Chicago arrest was in 1961 as part of a murder investigation. It appears he was in the military for some period of time in WWII and may have run some run ins with the law during his time of service. I don't believe he served overseas.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Some guy in that Outfit subreddit (not Boka) posting the Joey Lombardo St. Tropez vacation photo and playing it off like he's the one who took it. Maybe I'm nuts, but those st tropez photos have been around havent they? This dude acting like its some hidden gem he's sharing lol.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:16 am Some guy in that Outfit subreddit (not Boka) posting the Joey Lombardo St. Tropez vacation photo and playing it off like he's the one who took it. Maybe I'm nuts, but those st tropez photos have been around havent they? This dude acting like its some hidden gem he's sharing lol.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, I believe I've seen it before. It could be something the same guy has shared on Facebook before or something and had yet to do so on Reddit.