Commuting in the LCN

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

InCamelot
Straightened out

Re: Commuting in the LCN

Post by InCamelot »

Still funny
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Peppermint wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:25 pm I just can’t help but wonder why, none of them just ever tried using disguises.

I wear disguises all the time just for fun
What are you a cross dresser?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I hope Pennisi can address commuting on his next interview. Something I've always been oddly interested in, in regards to modern LCN.

Using him as an example, he lived on LI, still was around his old neighborhood in Queens, reported to the Brooklyn Crew which was actually based in the ass end of Staten Island... literally the furthest point from everything, and also reported to an Administration that met in a no-so-centrally-located area in the Bronx

He said he hung out in a restaurant in LI and his gambling & loan customers would meet him there, but I'm wondering how much of his time (and the average LCN solider's time) was just spent in the goddamn car driving around the boros in traffic. It's gotta be insane. These guys are all over the place, meeting, on the move, etc. - then factor in the additional steps they take driving to avoid being tailed. They have to spend an ungodly amount of time in traffic and just driving around. I'd hate that
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:14 am I hope Pennisi can address commuting on his next interview. Something I've always been oddly interested in, in regards to modern LCN.

Using him as an example, he lived on LI, still was around his old neighborhood in Queens, reported to the Brooklyn Crew which was actually based in the ass end of Staten Island... literally the furthest point from everything, and also reported to an Administration that met in a no-so-centrally-located area in the Bronx

He said he hung out in a restaurant in LI and his gambling & loan customers would meet him there, but I'm wondering how much of his time (and the average LCN solider's time) was just spent in the goddamn car driving around the boros in traffic. It's gotta be insane. These guys are all over the place, meeting, on the move, etc. - then factor in the additional steps they take driving to avoid being tailed. They have to spend an ungodly amount of time in traffic and just driving around. I'd hate that
Yeah, it sounds like its a real drag. No wonder that one NJ wiseguy or something had a road rage incident on social media :lol:
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

If I had to drive from LI to Tottenville to the Bx on a regular basis I'd probably shoot myself in the head. It's miserable enough just driving regularly WITHIN Brooklyn...
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Its not hard... these guys do all these starts, stops, pull to the side etc that takes hours.
Old military trick-three right hand turns, anytime, anywhere...always works.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Pennisi said when they picked him up to take him to his making ceremony that were constantly getting on and off the expressway.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Hey Peppermint - we found a mini skirt laying around on the back of a chair and when we picked it up- your name was inside!