The Peppermint Lounge

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: The Peppermint Lounge

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Raven wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:44 pm
Peppermint wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:57 am Going to try writing a screenplay, based on the book. About the Peppermint Lounge, my Great Grandfather, and their role in the Mafia. However, I don’t want it to be based entirely on information just from the book, naturally I want to make it my own.

So I was wondering if anyone happens to know anything more about the Peppermint Lounge and it’s mafia history? Nothing exclusively about my great grandfather, my family can source me all that information. But I need more about the rest of it, and I can’t seem to find any anywhere online, and other than what I have shared about it, which is mostly from the book, there doesn’t seem to be anything about it. Not even in any of the Genovese threads, and they are the crime family that centered around the Peppermint at the time.

Anything anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated
Good luck writing a screenplay based on a book that you probably don’t own the rights too. That isn’t how that works.

Your talking to a guy who admitted to actively going to other cities using fake names as well as disguises.....

....so ya :roll:
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

When I made this thread, I promised unreleased photos (ones you cant find on google) of my great grandfather, with famous and influential people. Such as; The Beetles, Sharon Tate, Jackie Kennedy, Sammy Davis, and others. For a while, I thought the only photographs that existed were the original prints in my Aunt’s possession out in California, however while visiting my father in October, over in P.A as it turns out he owns photocopies of those same photos, he offered to give me the entire envelope, unfortunately I forgot to take them home with me. However, before he offered, I did manage to take pictures of a couple of them using my phone. I would have shared these sooner, but recently I dropped my phone in the toilet, and only just got it back into working order. So until I visit him again in December for Christmas, I’ll share what I have for now.

In these photos, you’ll see Sammy Davis of the Rat Pack (I guess Sinatra wasn’t there that night, or didn’t want a photo with his mob affiliates) - Sharon Tate, while in town with The Beetles before she was obviously murdered by the Manson family - last but not least, Jackie Kennedy who famously loved frequenting The Peppermint, even when John wasn’t at her side, so much so she hung a Peppermint sign in the White House during her time as First Lady because she loved the club that much.

& here they are:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
E. Lou Minotti
Straightened out

Post by E. Lou Minotti »

The blonde woman in the middle photo is Cynthia Lennon, John's first wife.

The dark haired woman in the bottom photo is lovely, but it's definitely not Jackie Kennedy.
E. Lou Minotti
Straightened out

Post by E. Lou Minotti »

Better angle on Cynthia Lennon here, better angle on your grandfather too

https://images.app.goo.gl/JTNxxr9mY9BLHjHC8
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

E. Lou Minotti wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:32 pm The blonde woman in the middle photo is Cynthia Lennon, John's first wife.

The dark haired woman in the bottom photo is lovely, but it's definitely not Jackie Kennedy.
Ah, then my father was mistaken because the man swore up and down that she is Sharon Tate. I would have had no idea otherwise, I had no clue who she was until he told me. I figured personally that she was just some "groupie" on the road with The Beetles lol

But no, that woman is definitely Jackie. That I am absolutely not mistaken on, and I will argue til the ends of the Earth that woman is in fact Jackie Kennedy. Lol
E. Lou Minotti
Straightened out

Post by E. Lou Minotti »

Argue to whatever ends you like, but Its not her. For starters, the eye color and eyebrows are wrong.
E. Lou Minotti
Straightened out

Post by E. Lou Minotti »

1961-Life-Sept-1-300.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

E. Lou Minotti wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:57 pm Argue to whatever ends you like, but Its not her. For starters, the eye color and eyebrows are wrong.
The eye color? The photo I shared is black and white! But the facial profile is exactly the same; her smile, her cheekbones, the shape of her eyes, her nose is exactly the same too. The only difference between the photo you shared, and mine, is that in yours her eyebrows are thicker.

That is Jackie.
E. Lou Minotti
Straightened out

Post by E. Lou Minotti »

Nope. Not her. While I'm sure she attended the club with her sister Lee, as noted in articles about the place, but that's not her in this particular photo. Its not even Lee.

You know you can see blue or light eyes in b&w photos btw. That woman has them. Jackie always had thick downturned brows, not thin ones that angle up. She was probably the most photographed woman in the world in the early 60s, circa those photos. Never had those brows, different color eye, different smile...

I mean, cmon, you (innocent mistake, with benefit of the doubt) tried to pass off Cynthia Lennon as Sharon Tate, and they dont look remotely similar. Same thing here.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Absolutely not Jackie Kennedy.
There you have it, never printed before.